Mad King Clock Tower VS. Liadri

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dimittri.3245

Dimittri.3245

Which one is the hardest challenge in Tyria?

~Sanctum of Rall~

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

It took me about 2 hours to conquer the clock tower. I beat Liadri in 7 tries. So roughly equivalent? Maybe one is harder for some? My personal opinion is that the clock tower is slightly more difficult. But they’re weird to compare because they require somewhat different skill sets and outlooks.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

I prefer Liadri since it’s combat oriented rather than jumping.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

for me. liadri is harder

mad king clock tower, i can beat. many times. it became my favorite run.
liadri, i cannot beat.

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

liadri is harder to me

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

liadri is harder because fps amd camera angles are inacceptable. Took me about one hour n a half to beat the tower jumping puzzle, tried liadri ~20 times and stopped because i can’t handle a fight like that in 20fps and camera that zooms on my character * constantly. Anet, learn to create challenging content instead of adding gimmicks that messes up our vision (seen in the jumping puzzle and liadri) and unplayble fps. Since fps isn’t getting better and reward is just an ugly mini with 20 achievement points i won’t even bother on her again. I loved the idea of an arena tho. It would be great if we had a large arena with 60fps, better camera cuz it would be much larger arena and you fight against harder n harder foes, can also do it in a team of 2. <——- i want this!

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Serelisk.6573

Serelisk.6573

I haven’t tried Liadri since I’m too bitter about having my favorite activity taken away from me for no reason, to even try the current content from the Jubilee update.

But I did the Mad King jump puzzle some 300 times and even figure dout how to break it. lol

Kegmaster

Posted by: Dimittri.3245

Dimittri.3245

liadri is harder because fps amd camera angles are inacceptable. Took me about one hour n a half to beat the tower jumping puzzle, tried liadri ~20 times and stopped because i can’t handle a fight like that in 20fps and camera that zooms on my character * constantly. Anet, learn to create challenging content instead of adding gimmicks that messes up our vision (seen in the jumping puzzle and liadri) and unplayble fps. Since fps isn’t getting better and reward is just an ugly mini with 20 achievement points i won’t even bother on her again. I loved the idea of an arena tho. It would be great if we had a large arena with 60fps, better camera cuz it would be much larger arena and you fight against harder n harder foes, can also do it in a team of 2. <——- i want this!

Co-op Arenas would be amazing! Loved your idea!

~Sanctum of Rall~

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

the arena where logan fought the watchwork is nice.

open space, no domes.

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

liadri is no hard, the arena net system to fight liadri in other hands…

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

Clocktower was an absolute joy for me even as I took over an hour to complete it. I went on to complete it over 100 more times.

I haven’t done Liadri but since it’s combat with 1-shot capabilities and that doesn’t sound appealing to me, it will be harder probably just because I will be dreading it.

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

Took me about 10 tries to finish clocktower ( i ended up at the part where you have to fall down again having no idea where to go to ._. )
After that i pretty much farmed it all the time for the loot.

I spend a little more than an hour trying to kill Liadri so that sure was harder for me :p

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Liadri camera angle was harder.

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

For me- Liadri, since she is physically impossible for me to beat. I’m mildly colorblind and the honeycomb shaped floor does an absolutely perfect job of masking the AOE circles on the ground. The result is that I literally cannot see even if a hint of them, and thus have to play out the entire fight not know where any of the AOEs are about to take place. The additional annoyance of a poorly designed combat arena where the tight dome causes the camera to do the mambo every time you stand near the edge doesn’t help =D

The clocktower, on the other hand, I thoroughly enjoyed. The design was amazing and, colorblind or not, there was no reason it couldn’t be beat. I enjoyed it.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

2 hours to beat Clock Tower. Way more hours on Liadri~ like 70+ attempts, not sure. Haven’t tried Light up the Dark though which will be even more annoying I’m sure, but Clocktower was far easier and less frustrating imo. Norns blocking your view and etc was annoying in clocktower but at least it was instanced and had no lag. >.<

Clocktower actually gave you a kinda rush feel after completing it as well. Liadri just made me wanna stick needles into her mini’s face.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Clock tower is easy. The biggest problem about that was you had to learn all the jumps and it took awhile before you could attempt it.

Pretty much the same thing with Liadri. I think she’s easy.

But the 8 orb achievement is a beast and I doubt I’ll be able to get it.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Shezu Tsukai.8291

Shezu Tsukai.8291

Neither require all that much skill and both have the same failing of purposely favoring high end computers, fast net connection, and proximity to servers.

The clock tower would lag to the point of being dead before loading.

Liandri’s Shadow Fall has killed me many times while I see my toon a safe distance from the red circles. Not to mention the fps absolutely tanking when the Zerg moves under your arena.

Requiring high monetary output for maxed gaming machine, highest possible net speed and possible global move is not a casual game and flys in the face of the manifesto once again.

Verum et Vitae

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

For me it was the clocktower as that took me way longer to beat… something like 3-4 hours… though the first hour or two was wasted by big fat norn and charr butts blocking my view. :P ^^ I was also not as good at jumping back then. Liadri took me around 15ish tries, though I barely pulled it out on my win.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Neither require all that much skill and both have the same failing of purposely favoring high end computers, fast net connection, and proximity to servers.

Liandri’s Shadow Fall has killed me many times while I see my toon a safe distance from the red circles. Not to mention the fps absolutely tanking when the Zerg moves under your arena.

Requiring high monetary output for maxed gaming machine, highest possible net speed and possible global move is not a casual game and flys in the face of the manifesto once again.

It’s not Anet’s fault that you play on a Celeron with a dial-up connection.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Are you playing on a potato? How can you die before loading on the JP? fps on that thing was silky smooth, its on liadri they’ve made a mess.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

The difference was the clocktower was fun and movement wasn’t dependent on latency.

Posted by: wiazabi.2549

wiazabi.2549

Its all about which one has the worst camera position.

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

Liadri. At least with the clock tower I could actually see what I was doing. With Liadri I was having to shoot at her off screen while not being able to see where I was going while circle strafing thanks to the poor camera. And there was NO way to see where the orbs were spawning while doing this so I had to just hope I didn’t get any unlucky spawns.

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Liadri is probably easier. Since it is combat focused, some classes will have advantages over other classes.

There should be many more challenges like Liadri and the Mad King’s Clock Tower, the challenge is extremely refreshing, and it actually feels more like playing a video game, than the video game playing itself.

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

Liadri is more difficult for me as well… The camera angle is most definitely annoying (when too close to the edge). It would be interesting if they removed the dome and just allowed you to fall off.

Slow down and smell the pixels.

Posted by: PaulDousen.2619

PaulDousen.2619

Liadri ofc………………………….

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

Clocktower, with giant norns, charr and all sorts of camera bugs on a timed or you will die now jumping puzzle. It took me dozens upon dozens of tries and tons of hours. I know it would have been a bit easier if I looked up a guide so take that how you will, but Liadri took me less than 30 minutes to go from first attempt to killing. Honestly I’m at a good 90%+ win rate against her now. I never had better than a 50% rate on the clocktower.

Posted by: Benkei.6293

Benkei.6293

people only find liadri easy because you can challenge her almost instanly or within 1 minute of failing, when i tried mad king tower i failed within 15 seconds and had to wait 3-5 minutes to try it again. if this was the same rate for liadri then it would had taken days to some people, and the light the darkness achievement would had taken weeks.

Posted by: The Boz.2038

The Boz.2038

MKCT > Liadri in terms of fun, legitimate challenge, etc.

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Liadri, for all the wrong reasons.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

Liadri for me. It took me a lot of attempts to get the 8 Orb Achievement. I had the Clocktower Pretty much mastered in hour. I think Aldun Belcher Bluff was even more difficult than the Clocktower even.

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Liadri is harder, i gave up after 50 tries or so but i’ll try a few more times. Clocktower was fun even if you failed and failed, didn’t matter cause i had fun, but after 2 hours or so i made it and completed the Clocktower and i even ran it more times because it was FUN.

Liadri is a different story, there’s a few methods you can win against her and even if you use those methods (builds) it depends on how good you are as a player, if you’re not good enough you won’t win.

Do Clocktower 1000 times you will win atleast one time of those, even if you’re a bad player.

Do Liadri 1000 times you won’t win if you’re a bad player. Unless you have the luck on your side.

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

the arena where logan fought the watchwork is nice.

open space, no domes.

this would be awesome

I’d add such arenas to the open world too, and enable 1vs1 duels there. + some PvE challengers.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Posted by: Ace.1726

Ace.1726

Liadri was harder.