Mad King Instance to Hard?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Oldmaveric.8450

Oldmaveric.8450

I don’t think it is, but the mad king instance on my server is literally empty every day. I run around with 7 other people killing the little trash mobs.

The first few days the instance was packed. Then came crying about how no one knows how to do the fights, then came the crying about it being too hard. Now it’s very very quiet.

Did everyone quit because it’s too hard, or is there another reason I don’t know about yet?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

Standing around autoattacking a mob is not hard at all. It’s just the champ farms give more gold/hr.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

yes using reflects and dodging (maybe? havent done the instance that much) and pressing 1 is the hardest thing i do in game. Normally all i have to do is press 1 and w in queensdale where the enemies are 79 levels below me.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: GamerWolf.3820

GamerWolf.3820

Have you tried guesting on another server?
I had to do that cause mine was mostly empty and it solved my problem.

in Blood and Madness

Oldmaveric.8450

Standing around autoattacking a mob is not hard at all. It’s just the champ farms give more gold/hr.

Have you been in the intance this year? Every group i have been in dies to the candy corn guy because they don’t know how to stand in candy goo, or dies to the litch because they don’t learn when they attack the little skeletal dudes they reflect damage.

Now I do agree champ farms give more gold/hr. but I don’t agree to the standing around auto attacking part…. well unless you are the guy I see standing there with all of his gear broken and dead 90% of the fight.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

Have you been in the intance this year? Every group i have been in dies to the candy corn guy because they don’t know how to stand in candy goo, or dies to the litch because they don’t learn when they attack the little skeletal dudes they reflect damage.

Now I do agree champ farms give more gold/hr. but I don’t agree to the standing around auto attacking part…. well unless you are the guy I see standing there with all of his gear broken and dead 90% of the fight.

I kill the viscount and the lich once per day this year. If you aren’t dead yourself, you’ll kill it. Doesn’t matter how many ppl died to the barrage.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

in Blood and Madness

Oldmaveric.8450

Have you tried guesting on another server?
I had to do that cause mine was mostly empty and it solved my problem.

I have not, this is a good idea though. I may have to catch a friend from another server when he is on.

in Blood and Madness

Oldmaveric.8450

I kill the viscount and the lich once per day this year. If you aren’t dead yourself, you’ll kill it. Doesn’t matter how many ppl died to the barrage.

You must not be on my server. I have played all day for the past few days in there and we have downed the lich one time, and viscount maybe 3 times. Is my server really that bad… Can I pay for a server transfer?

~edit~
Today there has been no one in the instance. We literally have like 7 people in there max.

(edited by Oldmaveric.8450)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Skan.5301

Skan.5301

You must not be on my server. I have played all day for the past few days in there and we have downed the lich one time, and viscount maybe 3 times. Is my server really that bad… Can I pay for a server transfer?

~edit~
Today there has been no one in the instance. We literally have like 7 people in there max.

Seems like your server is dead then. You can pay for transfers. What server are you on?

“Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.”
– Euripides

in Blood and Madness

Oldmaveric.8450

~edit~

Seems like your server is dead then. You can pay for transfers. What server are you on?

Anvil Rock. It says the server pop is good. I am guessing they are all champ farming, because there are like 30 guys running around the noobie zone zerg.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I’m almost always in overflow for the Mad King’s Labyrinth on Tarnished Coast.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

in Blood and Madness

Oldmaveric.8450

I’m almost always in overflow for the Mad King’s Labyrinth on Tarnished Coast.

I will check that out, thank you.

in Blood and Madness

Skan.5301

Jade Quarry, Tarnished Coast, Blackgate, Sanctum of Rall. Any one of those are good due to high populations.

– Euripides

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I hate to break it too a lot of people, but yes the majority hate ridiculously hard content.

Not because its especially hard, although some do hate any hard content, because they cannot complete it or find it just too much hassle to do it/find other players willing to pass it, or even want too.

A big issue is time/rewards/issues..

Time it takes to do is unappealing to many as its tedious (after a few tries) and frustrating dying a lot = no fun watching your dead body for ages..

Rewards in most dungeons are not worth the time of day, honestly spending hours going through a dungeon for a bit of karma, 1-3 gold (if you’re lucky) and some random junk with an infinitesimally small chance at something good, doesn’t really install players with a strong need to do the content repetitively.

Issues Nothing is more annoying than spending an age in some content to come across bugs and glitches that totally destroy the the whole run (yes this one is a bit less often but does happen)..or having players afk or leave mid content etc.

On a side note making someone open a lot of doors and get a certain silly amount of stuff so they can even do the dungeon is not fun either for many..

(edited by Dante.1508)

in Blood and Madness

Guhracie.3419

(snip)
On a side note making someone open a lot of doors and get a certain silly amount of stuff so they can even do the dungeon is not fun either for many..

You don’t need to do anything except go through a door in Kryta to get to the Labyrinth.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien

in Blood and Madness

Dante.1508

(snip)

You don’t need to do anything except go through a door in Kryta to get to the Labyrinth.

Thats fine if true i thought you needed a candy corn mini to pass the dungeon, either way, the rest is still true for a lot of players.

in Blood and Madness

Skan.5301

(snip)

Thats fine if true i thought you needed a candy corn mini to pass the dungeon, either way, the rest is still true for a lot of players.

I think the mini is only for the final stage or whatever of the Halloween event. I could be wrong.

– Euripides

in Blood and Madness

Dante.1508

(snip)

I think the mini is only for the final stage or whatever of the Halloween event. I could be wrong.

I see if so i stand corrected on the mini jazz. still seems silly either way

in Blood and Madness

Guhracie.3419

(snip)

Oh, that’s the story part of the event. I misunderstood what you were talking about. I think the OP is talking about the Labyrinth which is just reached by accessing doors in the open world.

I think it’s strange that the meta achievement relies on daily events to flesh it out to the 13 needed so you can progress the story, I’ll give you that. But the story instances aren’t terribly hard and can be done solo or with one other person, really.

-Mike O’Brien

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: aliksyian.7642

aliksyian.7642

Does the game communicate this stuff to the players? Does it do so in a way where they can learn in a big melee, before they die?

The knockdown/pulls from some of the monsters in the labyrinth is annoying, and there’s not any particular reward for going there, so I do other things in game. I have little desire to run around in a circle killing monsters just-because.

Now, if it was like a game, with goals and such, I might be more interested. I’m picturing something like sanctum sprint or guild rushes. Make the maze more complicated, fog up the mini map, drop players inside and award points or something if they make it out. Or have it be a race to get to the end. Pretty much anything other than another farming spot.

Hide user’s posts on forum with chrome tampermonkey script: http://pastebin.com/aaUQr3pm

in Blood and Madness

Oldmaveric.8450

Does the game communicate this stuff to the players? Does it do so in a way where they can learn in a big melee, before they die?

The knockdown/pulls from some of the monsters in the labyrinth is annoying, and there’s not any particular reward for going there, so I do other things in game. I have little desire to run around in a circle killing monsters just-because.

Now, if it was like a game, with goals and such, I might be more interested. I’m picturing something like sanctum sprint or guild rushes. Make the maze more complicated, fog up the mini map, drop players inside and award points or something if they make it out. Or have it be a race to get to the end. Pretty much anything other than another farming spot.

You don’t go in there to get the mad king gear? I just want it for looks even if the stats arn’t so great.

Last year I farmed the heck out of it and came out with 3 pieces. So far I have one this year.

(edited by Oldmaveric.8450)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: aliksyian.7642

aliksyian.7642

You don’t go in there to get the mad king gear? I just want it for looks even if the stats arn’t so great.

Last year I farmed the heck out of it and came out with 3 pieces. So far I have one this year.

No. I don’t really care about gear.

Hide user’s posts on forum with chrome tampermonkey script: http://pastebin.com/aaUQr3pm

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

They killed it by making the chests once per account per day.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

People stopped because there was no incentive. You could do the doors achievement much quicker in the open world and the drops have no value. The champs take way too long to kill to be worth the trouble. Everyone went back to their normal farming routine or to WvW.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I still get into overflow every time I try to go to the Labyrinth, someone must still be running it (and I occasionally do as well).

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Well the most annoying thing about this is the Labyrinthine Horror. Once it spawns it will wander and once you are in event range it will chase you until it kills you. Unless you can solo that thing the place more or less unplayable without a certain critical mass.