Mad King JP achievement?

Mad King JP achievement?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: akhilesh.9147

akhilesh.9147

Q:

Hi,
This is my first Halloween event and I just finished the Mad King’s Tower JP. It was incredibly fun. I was expecting an achievement, but I didn’t get any. So is this a bug or have achievements for this been disabled?

Thank you.

Mad King JP achievement?

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

No, Anet just decided that finishing Mad King JP is not nearly as great of an achievement as say… opening 50 bags by clicking on them or pressing F next to a pumpkin. Makes me sad, but what can I do….
You can still get an achievement for it if it’s in daily (I did it yesterday for that reason), but you don’t need it for anything, you can just do any other daily as well. So basically no incentive to do this other than having fun. No noticable reward at the end of the JP either.

Mad King JP achievement?

Posted by: BloodyPanda.6789

BloodyPanda.6789

I think the last 2 year they had achievement for it. Or at least some cool loot for finishing it. If I remember correctly I got the “mad king chest” for completing the jp.

Mad King JP achievement?

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

The first Halloween event had a clocktower achievement, back when it wasn’t instanced for 5 people and fellow players weren’t reduced to motes of light.

The Mad King’s Chest containing an exotic armor piece was awarded for first completion every year except this one, as far as I remember.

Mad King JP achievement?

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Well that stinks I was hoping for one too. It’s still an achievement and I have yet to make it to the top.

Mad King JP achievement?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If I remember correctly in previous years making an achievement for it made people feel pressured to complete it, especially if it was part of the meta-achievement. (Even if you could complete the meta without that one.)

Maybe they took it out so that it was entirely optional. Considering the Clock Tower is arguably the hardest jumping puzzle in the game (I’d say it’s certainly the most stressful due to the time limit and all the stuff moving around you, and only being available for a limited time) it would be unfair to pressure people to complete it when many people struggle with normal puzzles.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Mad King JP achievement?

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

The title should be something like “Anet owes me a new keyboard” or “No more kittens in the microwave”.

Congrats on finishing the JP btw.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Mad King JP achievement?

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

JP is sometimes a daily, though, for an extra personalized ToT bag

Mad King JP achievement?

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

To make a long story short, ArenaNet got rid of the achievment due to people complaining about this all the time.

People have a tendency to complain about ‘’mini-games’’ and ‘’jumping puzzles’’ and how impossible it is to finish them. I still remember people complaining about that christmas bell mini game.

Mad King JP achievement?

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

Sigh… People were only complaning that the JP was part of the meta achievement (and gave AP? Not sure about this one) so they felt pressured to complete it. In my opinion the perfect solution would’ve been to make a repeatable achievement like the one for the wintersday JP. A few ToT bags every few completions…

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul