Mad Memoires! Please!

Mad Memoires! Please!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kythan Myr.4719

Kythan Myr.4719

Since Halloween is right around the corner, I’ve been thinking about thise and thought I bring it up. Every year I think about it after the fact, so this year, I actually remembered ahead of time.

I did the quest for Mad Memories and got the complete edition for the very first GW2 Halloween event. Maybe it was nostalgia, but I really liked that event. This was before skin unlocks via the wardrobe and to save space I deleted the first, non-flaming skin of Mad Memories, but I kept the complete edition. Then came wardrobe unlocks but even though I had the complete edition, the first one was locked. There is no way to get it back except to do the quest again, which hasn’t been available for 4 years.

So ANET, I beg you to either unlock the skin for us for those that have the complete edition (probably simpler) or make the quest available again (probably harder).

Mad Memoires! Please!

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Maybe try putting in a support ticket. I’m sure they’ll be able to restore the item to you.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

Mad Memoires! Please!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Not unless they’ve changed the policy about the Mad Memoires. Which they may have done…who knows?

Please note that skins or partials skins that you previously purchased but which you no longer possess will not be unlocked on your account. The Guild Wars 2 Support Team cannot unlock skins that fall into this category.

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/46419166-Wardrobe

Mad Memoires! Please!

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Not unless they’ve changed the policy about the Mad Memoires. Which they may have done…who knows?

Please note that skins or partials skins that you previously purchased but which you no longer possess will not be unlocked on your account. The Guild Wars 2 Support Team cannot unlock skins that fall into this category.

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/46419166-Wardrobe

Oops, never mind

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

Mad Memoires! Please!

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I wish it would come back too.

I was away from home a lot not long after GW2 came out (combination of visiting family and work stuff) so by the first Halloween my main character was only about level 30, not enough to survive in the high level maps required to get the Complete Edition.

My guild mates offered to carry me through it but I really wanted to do it myself and stupidly assumed GW2 Halloween events would be like the ones in GW1 – with the same events reoccurring each year. So I told them not to worry, I’d do it myself the next year.

If I’d known it was only going to be available once and then never again I’d have swallowed my pride and let them run me through the maps.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Mad Memoires! Please!

Posted by: Glox.5942

Glox.5942

Actually they are willing to help out. And as Kythan Myr says that he had the upgraded version he should be able to get the basic from them. As long as he can document he has the upgraded one.

Back in March I tried my luck with support for Mad Memories, as I deleted the 2 versions before the wardrobe system. And after alot of writing back and forth, I eventually got both versions from them.
The most impotent thing to have in order to get it, are screenshots of your character wearing the upgraded version of the book, and providing documentation that the screenshots are indeed you.

Mad Memoires! Please!

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

I can personally attest to the fact that they do occasionally help with the first skin. I was in the same boat, had discarded the first skin but had kept the second. Almost a year after the wardrobe system came out I sent in a ticket on a whim about the first skin and they sent it to me no questions asked.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Mad Memoires! Please!

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

I’ve got the upgraded version too, I recall something retroactively unlocking previous skins but I don’t remember what it was. But the Mad Memoroire backpack is literally only available if you at one point had the first version so I think that there is no reason not to unlock it if anyone has the flaming version…

Mad Memoires! Please!

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

There is always an outside chance it’ll be available again this Halloween. The Mad King dungeon reappeared last year after all, and IIRC they did look into to bringing mad memories back as well but there wasn’t time to fix whatever needed fixing, what with the expansion coming out.

Mad Memoires! Please!

Kythan Myr.4719

thanks, I submitted the support ticket and no reply yet. I’ll let you know what happens.

I’d also like to see the return of the other 1st Halloween skins especially the Deathly Shoulder pads. I had a couple of the human skull ones and several of the avian and bull, but I sold those that 1st Halloween to make early gold. As Danikat pointed out, I thought halloween would be like GW1 and recycle stuff, so I thought the gold is more important and I’ll get them next year. Well we know what happened there.

Mad Memoires! Please!

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Apparently my post was deleted and infracted for pointing out it’s actually called Mad Memoires and not Mad Memories. It’s a book, not a memory.

I thought I was being helpful.

Mad Memoires! Please!

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

I would like to get the complete edition back (as it was transmuted, I lost it when the Wardrobe feature was introduced)

It should be “easy” to check for Anet, whether an account is (most likely) eligible for the basic Mad Memories or the complete edition. Just check off if the account has done the first “historical” Shadow of the Mad Kong meta event (although the Tassi quests have no individual track)

The easiest way would be to add both editions to the Laurel vendor who sells pretty much every other historical skin these days that came from past LS events.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

Mad Memoires! Please!

Posted by: Draconicus.7564

Draconicus.7564

Well imho I even don’t understand why this original quest it’s not available every Halloween! It’s great and it must come back!
I personally also deleted not just one but both versions of the book to gain space, and when they announced the wardrobe I kinda eat my hat in tears!
Please in the name of fairness allow ppl to be able to gain that items again, at the least once more, as we now have the wardrobe to store the skins.

Mad Memoires! Please!

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I kept it as I was hoping it would become account bound like the windersday one. so when the wardrobe arrived, I was very happy, though I have to say, no one askes about it when my necro rocks it.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Mad Memoires! Please!

Posted by: Juclesia Elcritian.8410

Juclesia Elcritian.8410

ANET commented on reddit during last year’s halloween that they had planned to have Mad Memoires return as a collection, but unfortunately it didn’t make it in time for the event. It should be coming this year.

Mad Memoires! Please!

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

I hope it never returns. It is nice to have something exclusive to the very first Halloween of GW2.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Mad Memoires! Please!

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

As someone that already has both Memoires skins, i really hope the quests will return at some point. It is a really nice skin (and getting it would make a lot of people happy), but, additionally, the quests themselves were kind of fun as well, with all the added lore on Mad King.
If there’s one thing i might feel bad about, it’s only that the skin (flaming version) is already at the level when adding even more upgrade tiers would be hard.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Mad Memoires! Please!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I hope it never returns. It is nice to have something exclusive to the very first Halloween of GW2.

Every time you respond like this to requests for old items to return it reminds me of this from Seinfeld.

I hope it does come back this year. I think a lot of players that were not around for the first Halloween would enjoy the opportunity.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Mad Memoires! Please!

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I tried to get this when the wardrobe first came out as I did the achievements but support wouldn’t help me out. Maybe i’ll give it another try since it seems people here have had some luck.

Mad Memoires! Please!

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

If we have the achievement for it we should have it in our wardrobe. I don’t understand why that is so hard for arenanet.

I also don’t understand why it is so hard for them to bring back the holiday events from the first year. It is nice they have added some events but why not have everything every year. That way when they add new stuff it just makes those holidays bigger with more to do.

Mad Memoires! Please!

Posted by: Liquid Swords.1740

Liquid Swords.1740

If we have the achievement for it we should have it in our wardrobe. I don’t understand why that is so hard for arenanet.

I also don’t understand why it is so hard for them to bring back the holiday events from the first year. It is nice they have added some events but why not have everything every year. That way when they add new stuff it just makes those holidays bigger with more to do.

Exactly this. I deleted a character that had these skins soul bound before the wardrobe system was put in. Didn’t want to pay for a char slot at the time.

I tried getting them through a support ticket but nope. If you have the achievements why can’t anet just unlock the skins. Seems easy right.

Fort Aspenwood – PRX

(edited by Liquid Swords.1740)

Mad Memoires! Please!

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

Just make a Darkish Purple glowly one instead of the orange. Get a new version while the prior can still be exclusive… and cause purple freaking rocks dood.

Mad Memoires! Please!

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

You remind me of the people in GW1 who complained when they introduced tokens so you could obtain past festival hats. Maybe you were one of them. I know I wasn’t because other people wearing something I have doesn’t bother me, particularly when I’ve had it for a couple of years already.

While new content and skins are nice, it’s also nice to have staples that’re accessible. Last year when I started, HoT dropping at the same time as one of my favourite GW festivals was overwhelming and I had no idea what to prioritise first. I loved the Mad King lore so if the content’s going to make it into this year’s Halloween, I’ll be over the moon (pun not intended).

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

Mad Memoires! Please!

Kythan Myr.4719

Corrected spelling of topic.

Mad Memoires! Please!

Posted by: demitel.1340

demitel.1340

I still have ’em all saved as trophies, even the Candy-Powered Matter Meter

Ahh, my precious junk!

Attachments:

Mad Memoires! Please!

Posted by: Jackospades.4802

Jackospades.4802

How about those Deathly Mantle skins though…

One example https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deathly_Shoulder_Skin

Mad Memoires! Please!

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

+1

Would be nice to see this item returned. I don’t think I was around when that Halloween event was on and I’d like to experience the fun quests involved if any.

Mad Memoires! Please!

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I’m in the same boat – i want my book back!

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Mad Memoires! Please!

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

Maybe they don’t bring them back because the quest line is broken now and they don’t have the time to remake it. If so I have this suggestion. Make them craftable in the Mystic forge. They could also make the toybag back piece from the first wintersday craftable also.

Mad Memoires! Please!

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

They could also make the toybag back piece from the first wintersday craftable also.

Two toybag pieces. If i remember right, the PvE and PvP versions do differ slightly (at least i have 2 very similar but not identical bags in wardrobe now).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Mad Memoires! Please!

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

They could also make the toybag back piece from the first wintersday craftable also.

Two toybag pieces. If i remember right, the PvE and PvP versions do differ slightly (at least i have 2 very similar but not identical bags in wardrobe now).

One has red lining, the other blue (IIRC)

If the quest is broken by changed game mechanics, the only thing that keeps Anet from giving us the skins is the will to assign a Dev to the task of adding them to the Festival/Living Story Laurel vendor.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

Mad Memoires! Please!

Posted by: AzureWolf.9150

AzureWolf.9150

It’s Mad King time again but no sign of a way to get the “Mad Memories” back skin again