Mad Memoires skin

Mad Memoires skin

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

I still remember this scavenger hunt and how fun it was, but I seem to have misplaced my Mad Memoires copy due to lack of inventory space and prefering the higher stats on the upgraded version…

Would it be possible to unlock the Mad Memoires skin in the wardrobe of anyone that has the Mad Memoires: Complete Edition unlocked, since the first step was a requirement to get the upgraded version?
Or present a way to reaquire the skin if it was “misplaced”?

Mad Memoires skin

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

I think if you have upgraded version you should have basic one also.

I know that not upgraded version looks so good on the necros

Mad Memoires skin

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I still remember this scavenger hunt and how fun it was, but I seem to have misplaced my Mad Memoires copy due to lack of inventory space and prefering the higher stats on the upgraded version…

Would it be possible to unlock the Mad Memoires skin in the wardrobe of anyone that has the Mad Memoires: Complete Edition unlocked, since the first step was a requirement to get the upgraded version?

If the Mad Memories had been “used up” then I think you’d have it unlocked. But seeing as you keep it. I think the answer is no. I never got rid of mine as I was hoping they would change it to account bound so alts could use it like the winters day one.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Mad Memoires skin

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Yes it is called emailing support…

Mad Memoires skin

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I deleted both versions due to lack of space. If emailing support works and they replace them for you let me know because I have the achievements that show I made them, but I deleted the skins before the wardrobe came out.

Mad Memoires skin

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

I deleted both versions due to lack of space. If emailing support works and they replace them for you let me know because I have the achievements that show I made them, but I deleted the skins before the wardrobe came out.

Same. Wish I can get it back.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

Mad Memoires skin

Posted by: Asuaka.1528

Asuaka.1528

I did that a few weeks ago, they told me to suggest it on the forums…. yay

List of unavailable armor and weapon skins:
[Collection] Wardrobe/Skin Bugs & Anomalies

Mad Memoires skin

BrotherBelial.3094

As a rule, never delete anything. You never know when you’ll need it.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

Mad Memoires skin

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I did that a few weeks ago, they told me to suggest it on the forums…. yay

Wat…?

I mean, if you did/do get it back I’d like to know because the same thing happened to me, buuuuuut…

Wat…?

Mad Memoires skin

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Maybe I’ll email support too since I do want that skin. We got the various versions of the fractal one if we had the final version so i don’t see why we couldn’t with mad memories.

Mad Memoires skin

BrotherBelial.3094

Maybe I’ll email support too since I do want that skin. We got the various versions of the fractal one if we had the final version so i don’t see why we couldn’t with mad memories.

Because the first book wasn’t consumed when making the second. You only get the skins back dated if the first skin was consumed in the proses. I would t be surprised if they come back this Halloween, via an NPC.

Mad Memoires skin

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Yeah, contact support, I had something (still no idea what) happen to an event skin, I contacted support and they got it sorted out for me, sent me a new one and asked that I bug report the missing skin just in case.

Mad Memoires skin

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Anet should finally give players hopefully next halloween again the chance to earn this backpiece.
Its for me personally still one of many tiny things, that really peep me off until today, that anet removed this little nice scavenger hunt permaently from the game and didn’t even give it a peep to readd it temporarely back into the game when the next halloween came to give people a new chance to get it.

Especially now with the wardrobe beign in the game as a completionist, it really peeeps me off even more incredibly, when I see there tons of god kitten icons of items, that I’m likely to never ever get as it seems lettign my forcefully rember everytime I see my wardrobe, that it will look like beign forever uncomplete.

If those things, which aren’t unlocked for my account would be at least god kitten it INVISIBLE, then I wouldn’t give a peep about it, that I maybe will never ever get that nice looking back piece for my Necromancer, but as logn this isn#t the case, I demand to get later somehow again the chance to work for getting that nice backpiece unlocked for my account too and not having to stay left behind foreve,r only because I had 2 years ago no chance to work fon for that backpiece, because of my account being sadly stolen by a god kitten hacker when the game was overwhelmed by countless hacker waves after another, when the game was still nearly fresh released and just a few weeks old when that back piece got early introduced because of halloween beign very near after the game’s release date.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Mad Memoires skin

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

If you have The Complete Edition the basic version should be unlocked, period. You had to have the original to make the second piece. ~but you should hang on to everything~ Okay tell that to me from two years ago when there was no whisper of a wardrobe and no achievements tied to the number of skins you’ve unlocked, where every skin was a Sophie’s Choice of writing over something unique. Not to mention that the backpiece was not a skin, rather an abysmally statted out item that was soulbound on acquire.

There is a nice collection of issues like these put together over on the bugs forum which you may want to take a look at and maybe add your voice to.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

Mad Memoires skin

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Support will tell you no, I have tried.

Mad Memoires skin

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Because the first book wasn’t consumed when making the second. You only get the skins back dated if the first skin was consumed in the proses. I would t be surprised if they come back this Halloween, via an NPC.

Yeah. I looked at Dulfy’s guide and it appears that they weren’t used up. Odd since i normally save the skins. Oh well. I must’ve tossed them so i shouldn’t get the skin.

Mad Memoires skin

Posted by: Xandrian.8304

Xandrian.8304

I’m just bumping this topic up – I decided to submit a ticket asking for the possibility of getting the mad memoires skin and the toymakers bag – both of which I deleted before the wardrobe, and I got a mail today with them in!!! So thank you anet and thank you Najten for making this thread! I never thought my request would be accepted! ^^

Mad Memoires skin

Posted by: SonOfJacob.7396

SonOfJacob.7396

My guess is that since this is the first Halloween coming up with the Wardrobe implemented, Anet will probably batch fix this because so many people have inquired about it.

Mad Memoires skin

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Same here. I would also like the intermediate version. Still have the complete one!

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Mad Memoires skin

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I deleted the original mad memories and the toymaker’s bag also, over a year ago. There’s only so much inventory space per account and at that time no incentive to keep items I had no plan to use, not when I had backpiece skins I liked better for my chars.

ANet should bring back these scavenger hunts. Both for people who deleted the old skins and those who haven’t gotten the chance to get them. Or, like some other skins, make them available from the laurel vendor.

Mad Memoires skin

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I’m just bumping this topic up – I decided to submit a ticket asking for the possibility of getting the mad memoires skin and the toymakers bag – both of which I deleted before the wardrobe, and I got a mail today with them in!!! So thank you anet and thank you Najten for making this thread! I never thought my request would be accepted! ^^

This is encouraging… I am going to give it a try. I’ve really wanted this skin for my necro but I deleted it a year ago when I ran out of bank space.