Magic Carpet Glider

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Magic Carpet Glider

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Wow, Anet actually listened! I’m so getting one!

~still waiting for Broom Glider~

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

(edited by Endless Soul.5178)

Magic Carpet Glider

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Wow, Anet actually listened! I’m so getting one!

~still waiting for Broom Glider~

Yeah, this is awesome, also excited for a broom glider.

Regarding listening, I hope they fix those unlimited unbound magic gathering tools so they stop forcing your weapons to unsheathe.

Magic Carpet Glider

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Previewing it in game right now, it even features your guild emblem, not sure if the toy did that can anyone confirm?

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Magic Carpet Glider

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Previewing it in game right now, it even features your guild emblem, not sure if the toy did that can anyone confirm?

The toy did that.

Though i’m a bit miffed that there’s no price reduction for already having it.

Magic Carpet Glider

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Does having the toy unlock the glider or do they think I’m going to pay for this twice?

Server: Devona’s Rest

Magic Carpet Glider

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

The toy did that.

Though i’m a bit miffed that there’s no price reduction for already having it.

Same here. Or just a glider without a toy option (there is a toy without glider option…)
I must be blind, there is a glider without toy option! Just not a toy without glider option :p

(edited by LadyRhonwyn.2501)

Magic Carpet Glider

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

Glad to see this finally becoming a full fledged glider!

Now, can we get those emotes the character use while sitting on it?
Pretty please?

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Magic Carpet Glider

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Does having the toy unlock the glider or do they think I’m going to pay for this twice?

You didn’t pay for the glider even once. You (and I) bought the toy when there was no glider. We could have spent 100,000 gems on gliders before today and we still couldn’t have bought one.

• Carpet alone: 250 gems
  • Glider alone: 400 gems
  • Combo: 500 gems (in the very sort of discount package we’ve asked for: can buy items separately or get both cheaper if bought together).

I admit, I’d really like it if I got a loyalty discount for having bought the carpet gizmo. However, I can’t fault ANet for deciding that was so long in the past that it hardly matters.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Magic Carpet Glider

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Only 250gem for the glider? Yup. Buyin’ it.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Magic Carpet Glider

notebene.3190

Now, did they change the way the ‘toy use’ happens now (carpet and broom) such that if you are using either as your ‘walking around’ look, it doesn’t KILL you when you jump off something to glide, forcing you back into that passive ‘use’ mode, and plunging to your death?

Magic Carpet Glider

Posted by: Tryhard Pants.9745

Tryhard Pants.9745

Can you see your back item when using the glider?

Magic Carpet Glider

notebene.3190

Tested that for you. No, you can’t.

Magic Carpet Glider

Posted by: Tryhard Pants.9745

Tryhard Pants.9745

I really wish there was an option to just show backpieces. I have the electromagnetic glider and spinal blade pack on my engi and which would look amazing together.

Magic Carpet Glider

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

You didn’t pay for the glider even once. You (and I) bought the toy when there was no glider. We could have spent 100,000 gems on gliders before today and we still couldn’t have bought one.

• Carpet alone: 250 gems
  • Glider alone: 400 gems
  • Combo: 500 gems (in the very sort of discount package we’ve asked for: can buy items separately or get both cheaper if bought together).

I admit, I’d really like it if I got a loyalty discount for having bought the carpet gizmo. However, I can’t fault ANet for deciding that was so long in the past that it hardly matters.

Or they could do what they did for the Wings and let us trade in the toy for the glider…..

Magic Carpet Glider

Posted by: Code.2834

Code.2834

hell no. I’m not buying the glider version unless there’s a sale for those with toy carpet. Selling both glider and carpet for 500 gem right now (price will change back to normal later I know) and 400 for the glider alone when I clearly bought the toy for 250 gems years back, just seems like neglecting and deceiving old players.

Magic Carpet Glider

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

Dyable?

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Magic Carpet Glider

Vegeta.2563

hell no. I’m not buying the glider version unless there’s a sale for those with toy carpet. Selling both glider and carpet for 500 gem right now (price will change back to normal later I know) and 400 for the glider alone when I clearly bought the toy for 250 gems years back, just seems like neglecting and deceiving old players.

Dude it’s 250 gems. The toy I hardly ever touch. Glider way better. 250 gems takes less an hour to farm

Magic Carpet Glider

Code.2834

Dude it’s 250 gems. The toy I hardly ever touch. Glider way better. 250 gems takes less an hour to farm

It’s not about how much it costs and how long it takes for us to farm, its about if they care about us at all. If they respect for those who supported them and can be fair for them. Paying 500 gems to get ANOTHER carpet toy is just unnecessary or paying 400 just for glider + 250 gems you spent before = 650 gems which is sold for 500 isn’t exactly FAIR you know? It’s about perspective. I’m saying, old users with toys previously should be able to buy the glider for 250 on sale.

(edited by Code.2834)

Magic Carpet Glider

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

It’s not about how much it costs and how long it takes for us to farm, its about if they care about us at all. If they respect for those who supported them and can be fair for them. Paying 500 gems to get ANOTHER carpet toy is just unnecessary or paying 400 just for glider + 250 gems you spent before = 650 gems which is sold for 500 isn’t exactly FAIR you know? It’s about perspective. I’m saying, old users with toys previously should be able to buy the glider for 250 on sale.

You seem to be dismissing any fun you had with it during those years that you had it. That has value too.

And if you didn’t have any fun with it, then why would you even want a glider version of it?

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Magic Carpet Glider

Vegeta.2563

You seem to be dismissing any fun you had with it during those years that you had it. That has value too.

And if you didn’t have any fun with it, then why would you even want a glider version of it?

I can’t exactly “SHOW YOU THE WORLD” while I’m on the ground!!!

Magic Carpet Glider

Code.2834

For that to be true, when HoT came out and old version of the game became free (still needed to buy to unlock everything), Anet shouldn’t have given away free slots when players complained, but they did. why. Because it was a way for them to show thanks and respect for those old players who supported the game.
I’m not arguing about the item’s cost, how much fun one may had or anything like that, its about fairness and equity. IF they thought it was okay to bring back old items, they should have thought about those who bought the items and not neglect them.
What part of this argument is so difficult to understand?

Furthermore, because glider doesn’t require opening up inventory finding the item and click, OR transfer it to different toons, whereas glider you can just set it once and use it anytime you jump down. its just easier

Don’t matter, this is my point of view, and that’s yours.
Whether I choose to buy or complain, it ’s up to me not you.

(edited by Code.2834)

Magic Carpet Glider

notebene.3190

Dyable?

There isn’t any color boxes next to it, so I guess that means no.

Magic Carpet Glider

Posted by: mocceb.9842

mocceb.9842

ArenaNet, PLEASE, let those of us who already have the toy at the very least get a discount on the glider. People who had the wing backpacks before the glider combos were introduced could simply go to an NPC to get the glider version for free. That’s really not fair…

I’m the Narcissus of mesmers, and I’ll shatter your heart as I shattered my own.

Magic Carpet Glider

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

ArenaNet, PLEASE, let those of us who already have the toy at the very least get a discount on the glider. People who had the wing backpacks before the glider combos were introduced could simply go to an NPC to get the glider version for free. That’s really not fair…

It’s not that expensive

I got the toy but I’m not going to worry about getting a free Glider because I bought the toy a couple of years ago.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Magic Carpet Glider

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I don’t think it’s right to say this is “unfair”. It isn’t. People with the toy didn’t have a glider a few days ago, they don’t have one now. They aren’t obliged to give one to them.

I do, however, think it would have been nice for ANet to offer a discount. It was done before with the wings, and it would have been a nice and easy way to reward customer loyalty (and in particular, customer loyalty for those who’ve bought gem store items).

ANet is under no obligation to do nice things for their customers. But that doesn’t mean it isn’t a good idea.

Magic Carpet Glider

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

Just to add my voice to this. I bought the toy ages ago and was kind of disappointed at the way it works so ended up not using it a huge amount. To have to buy the toy again in order to get the glider seems a little harsh. If you wanted to give the glider to those that already had the toy that would, of course, be especially nice; but offering us a discount so we aren’t buying the toy again really doesn’t seem unreasonable.

So how about it ANet?

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

Magic Carpet Glider

Just a flesh wound.3589

Just to add my voice to this. I bought the toy ages ago and was kind of disappointed at the way it works so ended up not using it a huge amount. To have to buy the toy again in order to get the glider seems a little harsh. If you wanted to give the glider to those that already had the toy that would, of course, be especially nice; but offering us a discount so we aren’t buying the toy again really doesn’t seem unreasonable.

So how about it ANet?

You don’t have to rebuy the toy. They already offer the Glider without the toy.

The Magic Carpet Glider alone (no toy) is 400 gems

ANet may give it to you.

Magic Carpet Glider

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I bought a toy model of a Ferrari when I was a kid, so its unfair if they dont offer me a 50% discount if I go to buy the full sized car now right?

Magic Carpet Glider

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

Yeah, was having a brain-fart. Still 400 for the glider or 500 for glider+toy does leave a sour taste in the mouth when you already have the toy.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

Magic Carpet Glider

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yeah, was having a brain-fart. Still 400 for the glider or 500 for glider+toy does leave a sour taste in the mouth when you already have the toy.

I already have the toy and I bought the glider. It didn’t leave a sour taste in my mouth. Maybe it’s because I don’t expect businesses to give me freebies or discounts on new items just because I bought a totally different item sometime in the past.

ANet may give it to you.