Magic Find

Magic Find

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Soulsekro.1503

Soulsekro.1503

Can someone explain to me how the new magic find works? Twice now I’ve logged on and have lost some magic find percentage. Last night I logged after salvaging and had 56%. This morning I logged in and I was down to 43%. In both cases I’m not wearing any gear that effects magic find, and I’m 100% sure I’m not using any boosts. The 2nd time its happened I went from 52% magic find down to 39%. I’m salvaging everything I come across trying to get it higher, and I lose it the next day. My achievement window and Hero panel both show the same %’s

Is magic find permanent? Do you lose magic find over time? I’ve asked around and no one else in my guild is having this issue. I’ve put in a support ticket 3 days ago and still have not heard from Anet. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance for your time in helping me.

Magic Find

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

Guilds have temporary MF boosts.

Did you eat any MF food?

Magic Find

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Magic find that is tied to your account cannot be reduced. If that is happening, then its a bug.

More likely is that you may have clicked on a banner with a boost. I’ve done that a couple of times and forgotten

Magic Find

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Doesn’t WvW have some affect on that as well?

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Magic Find

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I am pretty sure there are no server MF boosts from WvW. Temporary boosts from banners, boosters or food can affect the percentage in the Hero panel, but the Achievement panel’s MF percentage should never go down, only up. Have you tried updating your ticket?

Magic Find

Posted by: Caramel Ham.4891

Caramel Ham.4891

If you look at your MF stats on your character page, those stats are modified with boosts you get elsewhere. For your own unmodified MF stats, you have to go to your achievement page.

Magic Find

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Are you thinking of the progress bar for Luck that you get from salvaging? When the bar reaches 100% from salvaging Luck essences or whatever, you get a permanent +1% MF and the progress bar resets.

Magic Find

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Oh! Good question, tolunart. Maybe that’s the problem.

Magic Find

Posted by: xbyte.4518

xbyte.4518

I am pretty sure there are no server MF boosts from WvW. Temporary boosts from banners, boosters or food can affect the percentage in the Hero panel, but the Achievement panel’s MF percentage should never go down, only up. Have you tried updating your ticket?

When you’re in WvW and when your server is outnumbered one of the bonus you get is +20% MF

(edited by xbyte.4518)

Magic Find

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Oh, ok. I’ve never noticed. Was OP in WvW at the time?