Magic Find Doesn't Work

Magic Find Doesn't Work

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Silverghost.4192

Silverghost.4192

17 attempts at making my legendary precursor at the mystic forge today.
All level 80 rare daggers. I got (ONE) exotic dagger which was not my legendary precursor. Some people say it’s 25% chance to get something better. I say no way.

I had 239% Magic Find !!!

So after 68 level 80 daggers I got 1 exotic and the rest rares! There needs to be something that is not left up to “chance”. It would be fine if you at least could recoup somewhat by getting a few exotics with it but 1 out of 17 really? If this is the case then it should be 100% chance to get the precursor by combining 4x exotics if the “upgrade” happens.

50% Boost + 40% Omnomberry Creams (21 second might boon to trigger) + 10% from guild 3 day buff + 10% from guild banner buff + 6*3% from Armor + 50% from 5 piece pirate runes + 10% from 1 traveler run + 5*3% from Jewelery + 6*4% From exquisite opal jewels + 2*3% from daggers + 2*3% from opal jewel in daggers.

Magic Find Doesn't Work

Posted by: RaptorSpectre.3271

RaptorSpectre.3271

I don’t think it works on mystic forge stuff just on drops.

Magic Find Doesn't Work

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

Well, I dont think magic find works with the forge, I always thought it was a drop modifier. Magic find does work though.

In terms of the precursor, they seem to be insanely hard to get now/less supply – i dont really know which. But I know people who are going strong past 100+ tries. Do it like me and buy one, it is much less stressful and just as satisfying.

Minion

Magic Find Doesn't Work

Posted by: gduber.9756

gduber.9756

It’s all about the money sink. While you did not get the results you were expecting from 239% magic find (lmao), the money you wasted makes your server more economically stable. And who knows how many people your toils have kept from making the same mistake with magic find. I, for one, am grateful.

Magic Find Doesn't Work

Posted by: Sunny Side.7960

Sunny Side.7960

If you really want to increase your chances you need to put exotics in, rares have only a slight chance of returning an exotic, exotics cannot return rares.

Magic Find Doesn't Work

Posted by: Silverghost.4192

Silverghost.4192

I only have 20 gold total (10 now after that fiasco) I don’t have the time to watch the trading post to flip and trade for profits and it’s impossible to farm gold in this game with all the anti-farm codes built in. So buying a precursor for 70g+ is kinda out of the question for me.

By the way I’m not upset that I didn’t get the precursor in 17 tries but I’m upset that I only got one “upgrade” in 17 tries.

ps. I ran CoE explorable after that with the same amount of magic find on and got 0 rares and 0 loadstones. Only a few greens here and there in a full run. So even if MF is for drops I should have gotten at least 1 rare. Usually you get a rare every few runs with no magic find on.

Magic Find Doesn't Work

Posted by: Hawken.7932

Hawken.7932

I’ve tested magic find on simple drops like mining nodes, for example, and it clearly gives better results there. As others have said, I assumed it did not help with the forge though.

Magic Find Doesn't Work

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

I’ve only used it once, but I really couldn’t tell the difference then when I wasn’t using it

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Magic Find Doesn't Work

Posted by: Warheart.8143

Warheart.8143

Anet give hard data on MF Graphs yet? didn’t think so.

Magic Find Doesn't Work

Posted by: Rhongomyniad.5081

Rhongomyniad.5081

Don’t think it works with the Forge.

I use a full MF set for PVE though and can see a very noticeable difference.

Magic Find Doesn't Work

Posted by: xerca.6135

xerca.6135

“Magic find is an attribute that increases a player’s chance to receive rare loot from drops. "
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magic_find

Magic Find Doesn't Work

Posted by: Smackjack.5071

Smackjack.5071

It is called ‘Magic find’ for a reason not ‘Magic create’

Magic Find Doesn't Work

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

@silverghost
you did not have 239% magic find 10% +1% does not =11% when it comes to magic find . You’re only getting 1% OF 10% which is a very big difference

Magic Find Doesn't Work

Posted by: CaveSalamander.9150

CaveSalamander.9150

@silverghost
you did not have 239% magic find 10% +1% does not =11% when it comes to magic find . You’re only getting 1% OF 10% which is a very big difference

.. Did you mean that a 1% chance turns to 3% chance with 200% magic find (true) or did you mean that 50% MF+ 10%MF does not make 60% (which is untrue)?

Having hard time desciphering your sentence , sorry ^_^’

My quest is to find the dorito.

Magic Find Doesn't Work

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

To Silverghost. It’s not impossible to get gold in this game. Get a rare suit of armor or whatever, 5 runes of the pirate, 1 rune of the traveler (if possible have magic find on your weapon and built into your armor). Get an omnomberry bar, and go farm level 5 fine materials. Get 50 then convert them into the grade 6 materials, sell, ???, profit.

I can make 1-3 gold a day depending on how much I want to farm and how stuff drops.

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Magic Find Doesn't Work

Posted by: KOPSi.5190

KOPSi.5190

having 200% magic find will increase initial stats of magic find, so IF* main magic find for rare items is 5% and exotic 1% , with 200% magic find, that would be 15% for rares ad 3% for exotic.

= instead 1/20 chance finding rares, with 200%mf is 1/7.

What i guess is that rare find chances are higher than 5% i put, which makes it even better.
I noticed i get rares from dragons on basis of 1/1 , sometimes i get 2 rares sometimes 0, but more times i received rare items balances it out….
Also speculation – Chance to loot rare items from chests is higher…

btw first day i donned my magic find armor i found around 10-18(i think 16) rares that day while since geting lvl 1-80 just 3(im more sure that its just 2) rares ? and u say it dosnt work LOL?

[SoD] Nema Bezanja / Accords De Carnage /Chords…

Gandara./ Im DATZ chainsaw charzzzz

Magic Find Doesn't Work

Posted by: dirtyklingon.2918

dirtyklingon.2918

best bet for converting items into precursors in the mystic forge is exotics. i haven’t heard of anyone trying to go straight to precursors from rares.

the people i’ve talked to that do MForging tend to go in very large batches. 17 is a relatively small batch at only 4 attempts. they guys i know that have been relatively successful tend to start with full max bags full of rares.

who doesn’t love wow clones?

Magic Find Doesn't Work

Posted by: Paladine.6082

Paladine.6082

Why you all nerfing yourselves with Rune of the Pirate? Slot 4 and 6 are a waste on those runes – you are better off using Runes of the Traveller for 5 and Rune of the Pirate for 1 (because slot 6 on the traveller isn’t very useful). I would rather have the extra vitality than shouting Yarrr!

Mystic Forge Attempts for Pre-Legendary
Lvl 80 Axes : Rare: 483; Exotic: 4 – Frostfang: 0
Lvl 80 Swords : Rare: 20; Exotic: 0 – Zap: 0