Magic Find Gear Speculation

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CubicalChicken.9416

CubicalChicken.9416

Anet recently came out saying that they would do away with magic find on gear and weapons. What do you think they will do to the armor/weapons that people currently own with the stat?

I’ve heard a few opinions:
- They allow you to chose the stats on the equipment (kind of like the legendaries in the future.

- The gear’s stats will be randomized.

- The gear will be outright deleted.

All could happen, what do you think?

(If there already is a popular thread on this topic I apologize and would appreciate a link!)

Posted by: kossman.8206

kossman.8206

ive already switched mine….

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I never got into magic find gear myself. I had a little on some alts and got rid of it already.

The Burninator

Posted by: SafiMoyo.5130

SafiMoyo.5130

I speculate that they won’t be changing gear or runes that have magic find. That stat will remain.

Instead, I believe they’ll have a limit on how much magic find a person can have. If you start getting near that cap, you’ll basically just outgrow your MF gear.

Champion Hunter

Posted by: Kronus.6048

Kronus.6048

deleting the gear would be the dumbest thing ever. Ascended gear with mf/celestial gear. I worked hard to acquire my set because I love balanced stats so why would I lose my hard earned items? It’s not my fault they added mf on balanced stats.

Posted by: banana.9038

banana.9038

I doubt they will delete the gear (unfair to players that have it).

Choosing stats sounds like too much of a hassle to implement.

I think they will replace it with a stat such that it will remain a unique combination of attributes. EX: Explorer becomes “power/precision/vitality” (or some other stat, hoping for this one though). No clue on items like “sigil of luck”.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I don’t think they would just delete the gear that’s a bit extreme. However, if they change the stats to something random I just want to say this, “In before people running around with their heads exploding thread.”

The Burninator

Posted by: Kronus.6048

Kronus.6048

I don’t think they would just delete the gear that’s a bit extreme. However, if they change the stats to something random I just want to say this, “In before people running around with their heads exploding thread.”

lol not for celestial/mf gear, that one is just ‘’cool, extra stats’‘. Personally I don’t care what stat they add instead of mf, unless it’s something like gold % or something. Then it’s worse because players attitude will be the same as before ,except now mf users will be called gold users.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

They’re also releasing kits that let you change the stats of an item, with restrictions. They’ll probably replace magic find with something useless or give out free kits.

It really doesn’t matter what they replace it with since ascended gear will probably come out at the same time.

Posted by: VidGhost.3215

VidGhost.3215

They’re also releasing kits that let you change the stats of an item, with restrictions. They’ll probably replace magic find with something useless or give out free kits.

It really doesn’t matter what they replace it with since ascended gear will probably come out at the same time.

it doesn’t matter because ascended gear? lol you do know we already have ascended gear with “magic find” on it so I’m pretty sure it does matter to those people.

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I hope they change it to something like pow/cnd/duration or some other missing stat combination.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

Originally I figured they would replace it with one of the superior stat combination versions (Berserker’s/Knight’s/Rampager’s for Explorer’s, Rampager’s/Carrion for Traveler’s, Soldier’s for Wayfarer) but then I remembered that there’s still the MF jewels/inscriptions/insignias so more likely they’ll make a new stat combination for those to fill and change existing items to that one.
Obviously Giver’s jewelry will get a new stat combo. Probably Toughness to replace the MF like Giver’s armor.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Replace MF gear with a fair amount of vitality on all.
Replace MF on runes with +gold.
Replace MF on food with +gold
Give us the ability to represent factions in both wvw and pve for other bonuses and +50% MF/hour, just like in the pavillion.
Up the global loot table by an eqvivalent of 30% MF

And there we go. Better loot overall for everyone, more gold income, no more MF on gear, buisness as usual if you represent (eqvivalent of wearing MF runes).

Will they do any of it? Nah they will probably just remove everything and charge 1200 gems for an infinite +30% MF boost.

Posted by: Mackodlak.7961

Mackodlak.7961

Not sure what you people don’t understand – there will be NO MORE +MF (and as far as i know +gold find) gear IN THE GAME. So there won’t be players who just “keep their MF gear” cause it’s being removed. All existing MF gear will disappear.

The only question is the means by which they will be gone. Will we get our dungeon tokens, mats, laurels back or will it be swapped to a stat combo of our choosing, some new one or random. Personally i think swapping stat combo in any way is stupid cause I already have every set of gear I planned to use on characters i do have MF gear so an extra stat combo set of gear is useless to me unless it will be sellable (not soulbound).

The other thing i’m worried about is a rumor +gold find is being removed also and that brings me to a question – wtf am I gonna do with utility slot ascended amulets I bought since that slot is now useless (come on, +exp is useless since the champion farm with +SP scrolls started, gold since cof 1 is nerfed even if they keep it in game, and +karma? sorry, but noty).

Posted by: TheLordQ.1857

TheLordQ.1857

LOL they will not remove armor/weapons from our characters. We won’t be logging in nude. That’s absurd. They will just redo what the enchantments with MF in them do.

No matter what they do, why destroy your MF stuff now? I don’t know about you, but I’m still using it!

There was no mention of removing +gold from the game in the official article. Anything else is just rumor.

(edited by TheLordQ.1857)

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

The Magic Find on Traveler, Wayfarer, and Explorer sets should be changed to Movement Speed, which is more appropriate to their given names.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.