Magic Find gear still soulbound...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: FInN.7219

FInN.7219

I noticed in the patch notes that MF gear “have been flagged as account bound and will now allow double-clicking to permanently change the stat combo” so I taught great, now I can gear for my other characters with ascended trinkets but when I logged into the game after the patch downloaded I saw the MF gear in my inventory and it still says thakittens soulbound. I only ever wanted to have one set of gear on my characters but doing alot of farming in Orr it helps wit drops somewhat but now I don’t see any other stat combination for my class viable.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

The ones that weren’t bound at all became account bound. Items already soulbound aren’t going to become unsoulbound so you can shuffle them around. Sorry.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

The ones that weren’t bound at all became account bound. Items already soulbound aren’t going to become unsoulbound so you can shuffle them around. Sorry.

Where was it stated they wouldn’t become account bound?
Heres the release notes..
•Weapons, armor, and trinkets that had a magic find stat combo have been flagged as account bound and will now allow double-clicking to permanently change the stat combo. This is a one-time ability, and the options are dependent on where the item was acquired. All trading post listings for these items have been cancelled and the items returned to the poster.

Where does it say soulbound items will not become account bound?

It seems silly to let us re-stat them but not move them to characters that might actually use them. I don’t need a 8th set of exotics on my main now that MF isn’t a stat… So let me put it on one of my alts at least.

(edited by Miku.6297)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Where was it stated they wouldn’t? It seems silly to let us re-stat them but not move them to characters that might actually use them. I don’t need a 8th set of exotics on my main now that MF isn’t a stat… So let me put it on one of my alts at least.

Here you go: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/MF-items-NOT-account-bound-but-soulbound/first#post2764076

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Hey, thanks, do you think you could find me one that is pre-patch. Anyone who logged in with armor in this condition was probably able to figure out what happened with or without that post.

As I said befor, it seems extremely silly to let us re-stat them, but not let us move them to different characters.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Pre-patch announcements are in the game releases, I believe…or the blogs.