Magic Find on foods still working?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Revan.4653

Revan.4653

I once read that ANet is going to remove magic find, however I still see a lot of food with extra magic find. So – is this food still improving my chances of finding rare items?

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

They removed magic find on gear. Instead it is now an account bound stat (that you gain from “eating” luck. You gain luck from salvaging blues and green and a small amount from your daily/monthly). Magic Find from luck is capped at +300% (around ~4mil luck, if I recall). You also gain magic find from Achievement Points, a magic find infusion on your ascended amulet, guild bonus, boosters, and food; all of these do not count towards the +300% cap from luck.

Posted by: Amnariel.3659

Amnariel.3659

if you have 300% cap I think you can boost up your MF to 400% with foods and all but I am not sure anyway even 500% at 0.1% drop chance is 0.5%) not a hardcore modify

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

yes MF on food still works, as does the MF infusion for the utility slot on a ascended amulet. I routinely run 300-400% MF while doing cursed shore events, in my opinion there is a very noticeable difference in the amount of rares and T6s mats I get than when I do those events with less MF active.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

yes MF on food still works, as does the MF infusion for the utility slot on a ascended amulet. I routinely run 300-400% MF while doing cursed shore events, in my opinion there is a very noticeable difference in the amount of rares and T6s mats I get than when I do those events with less MF active.

I’m still not sure that Magic Find works at all on crafting mats. I’ve farmed a lot Arctodus before the account MF with just around 70% MF and now i have nearly 200% and the numbers of drops have not changed in any noticeable way.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

They removed magic find on gear. Instead it is now an account bound stat (that you gain from “eating” luck. You gain luck from salvaging blues and green and a small amount from your daily/monthly). Magic Find from luck is capped at +300% (around ~4mil luck, if I recall). You also gain magic find from Achievement Points, a magic find infusion on your ascended amulet, guild bonus, boosters, and food; all of these do not count towards the +300% cap from luck.

Good information here, also note that if your server has the Outnumbered buff in WvW there’s another 20% MF that does not count to the 300% cap. In addition, MF applies to chests earned in structured PvP.

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

Magic Find seems to work in a some what random fashion, I got better loot drops when I was at 90-95 than I did at 100-115, now at 120+ seems to be working again, don’t know maybe they tweaked it.

Posted by: AnAspieKitten.5732

AnAspieKitten.5732

Or, you know, RNG. You’re working with such little numbers, how do you expect to be able to establish something real with a 10% change without farming thousands of hours ?

Dear Santa,
For christmas I’d like to get a crossbow for my characters.
With love, a cute kitty.