Magic Find questions.

Magic Find questions.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: biscuit.5091

biscuit.5091

I have questions related to MF since I didn’t go too deep on that subject and only used it for cursed shore.
I wonder if the MF applies only IF you kill your foes with it, or just when you pick up the drops.
[Devs] One more thing – Are you guys going to implement a stat rate so measure our MF/Drop rate?

For the users, do you think MF is a good mechanic or something that needs to be worked on?

Magic Find questions.

Posted by: Prima.3512

Prima.3512

from the wiki – “Magic find is applied when a foe dies”

Guild Wars 2 Lead Designer Isaiah Cartwright 16 hours ago : “Everytime you kill a monster you roll on a number of tables, inside these tables are different rarity categories. Magic find increases the chances you will get higher categories. For example if there is a 1 in 10 category, and you have 200% magic find you will have 3/10 chances to get that category. This improves not just the rarity of the items you get but can also improve your chances at getting trophies and rare crafting materials like lodestones.

(edited by Prima.3512)

Magic Find questions.

Posted by: tomlin.8204

tomlin.8204

There’s still much at work here I’m not aware of, for example I get the impression we’re limited on a weekly or monthly basis in terms of DR, or rather how long we’re allowed to stay in the “magic zone”.
For example, my first level 80 character gets to Orr, equips a MF set, gets 20+ Rares in a day. DR kicks in and I’m getting 1 Rare every 4 hours. No matter what I do, this doesn’t seem to improve. I can go to another area and kill things that aren’t Risen, I can PvP, WvW, even log off for 24 hours, but whenever I come back to Orr it’s the same. I hear people saying doing something else for an hour resets it, but it doesn’t.

My second level 80 gets to Orr, equips a MF set, and the fun begins again, only to fall into the exact same pattern. I get the occasional bout of picking up Rares, but it’s still amongst tonnes of Porous Bones, and this is with mostly full MF set with Superior Sigil of Luck and Omnom food, sometimes even cash shop boost.

It seems to reset sometimes, but I can’t figure out when or why. Is there any official word on this that I haven’t seen?

“meta” this, “meta” that. Please stop saying the word “meta”.

Magic Find questions.

Posted by: Prima.3512

Prima.3512

It seems to reset sometimes, but I can’t figure out when or why. Is there any official word on this that I haven’t seen?

From the wiki – “Diminishing returns resets at approximately 17:00 (PDT) / 0:00 (UCT).”

Magic Find questions.

Posted by: biscuit.5091

biscuit.5091

from the wiki – “Magic find is applied when a foe dies”

Guild Wars 2 Lead Designer Isaiah Cartwright 16 hours ago : “Everytime you kill a monster you roll on a number of tables, inside these tables are different rarity categories. Magic find increases the chances you will get higher categories. For example if there is a 1 in 10 category, and you have 200% magic find you will have 3/10 chances to get that category. This improves not just the rarity of the items you get but can also improve your chances at getting trophies and rare crafting materials like lodestones.

But do you have to wear it while hitting the mob or just looting? cause saying it applies when it’s dead is not answering my question :P.
Also I know the mechanic of it pretty much but I was asking for the users opinion on it not stated facts I didn’t ask for.

There’s still much at work here I’m not aware of, for example I get the impression we’re limited on a weekly or monthly basis in terms of DR, or rather how long we’re allowed to stay in the “magic zone”.
For example, my first level 80 character gets to Orr, equips a MF set, gets 20+ Rares in a day. DR kicks in and I’m getting 1 Rare every 4 hours. No matter what I do, this doesn’t seem to improve. I can go to another area and kill things that aren’t Risen, I can PvP, WvW, even log off for 24 hours, but whenever I come back to Orr it’s the same. I hear people saying doing something else for an hour resets it, but it doesn’t.

My second level 80 gets to Orr, equips a MF set, and the fun begins again, only to fall into the exact same pattern. I get the occasional bout of picking up Rares, but it’s still amongst tonnes of Porous Bones, and this is with mostly full MF set with Superior Sigil of Luck and Omnom food, sometimes even cash shop boost.

I feel exactly the same about diminishing return and especially the fact you get reduced drop rate after being a while in orr compared to your first time in it.
When I started I was only chilling at pentinent and the spider camps and I gained a ton of rares, now I rarely get any. not to mention the ectoplasm rng is getting worse than ever before, right when rares are expensive than usual.