Magic Find should be a choice.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

What if you could choose between Magic Find and the other account bonuses, Gold Find, Karma Gain, and XP Gain? Let some crafting disciplines transmute Essences of Luck into things that buff the other account bonuses.

Posted by: Basandra Skye.4031

Basandra Skye.4031

I doubt they’ll do this. Karma and exp are already easy to come by, and increasing gold find by another 1% is pretty useless when it’s already <1silver most of the time.

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

I doubt they’ll do this. Karma and exp are already easy to come by, and increasing gold find by another 1% is pretty useless when it’s already <1silver most of the time.

Well, how useful is magic find relative to the other account bonuses, honestly? Magic Find doesn’t affect a lot of things.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Well, how useful is magic find relative to the other account bonuses, honestly? Magic Find doesn’t affect a lot of things.

MF has a profound impact on all drops from foes. Gold Find affects coin, but the amount of direct coin that drops is relatively small, so increasing Gold Find is never going to be that important. And karma is in oversupply for most people who play often; those who don’t play often can build it up fairly quickly through the liquid sources available via a variety of methods.

Further, the results of higher MF can be turned into gold and getting the occasional exotic or better is more exciting than seeing the occasional 5s turned into 6s or 7s.

tl;dr MF is a lot more useful to most people than the other types of account-wide bonuses.

The main problem with MF is that people don’t understand how MF affects drops. The affect isn’t noticeable in any particular short run or farm — it’s something that affects the overall quality of drops in the long run and players (being merely human) have trouble seeing the impact, since we tend to be focused on what’s right in front of us, not what we’ve accumulated over the last 4 weeks compared to a similar month last year.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Anarion.8149

Anarion.8149

Ok so far the arguments against the OP just shows me that really there is no reason why they shouldn’t, all people are saying is MF is the best one to allocate to, so to me that says if ppl want to put it in other things they should be able to, even if it is perceived to be worse or some ppl don’t need it. Maybe some people do. It’s not asking to remove from MF and do the others instead so the ppl that would keep it as MF could.

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Honestly I think leaving MF where it is, is fine at the moment…

How ever as more people reach the 300 cap, maybe having some new bonuses they could be working toward wouldn’t be a bad idea!

Posted by: Mightylink.3816

Mightylink.3816

Magic find isn’t a choice, you are born that way.

Mightylink – Norn Necromancer
Mythiclink – Asura Engineer

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

I get the impression that some replies are confused by your thread title. I think you might have got better responses with a thread titled something like “there should be more choices for luck”

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

MF has a profound impact on all drops from foes. Gold Find affects coin, but the amount of direct coin that drops is relatively small, so increasing Gold Find is never going to be that important. And karma is in oversupply for most people who play often; those who don’t play often can build it up fairly quickly through the liquid sources available via a variety of methods.

Further, the results of higher MF can be turned into gold and getting the occasional exotic or better is more exciting than seeing the occasional 5s turned into 6s or 7s.

tl;dr MF is a lot more useful to most people than the other types of account-wide bonuses.

The main problem with MF is that people don’t understand how MF affects drops. The affect isn’t noticeable in any particular short run or farm — it’s something that affects the overall quality of drops in the long run and players (being merely human) have trouble seeing the impact, since we tend to be focused on what’s right in front of us, not what we’ve accumulated over the last 4 weeks compared to a similar month last year.

But it doesn’t affect chest and such, so if you do a lot of world bosses, you get little out of MF, and if you know how you can easily turn karma into gold, so pretty sure if there were a choice, most ppl would go for max karmagain

Posted by: nSan.4251

nSan.4251

I like how MF is atm. It takes so long to build essence up for me to it’s max. I’m not even done. And I’m sure Artificiers have an even more pain with it.

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

I like how MF is atm. It takes so long to build essence up for me to it’s max. I’m not even done. And I’m sure Artificiers have an even more pain with it.

why would artificers have more of a pain with it? AFAIK the only thing you can craft with luck is mawdrey

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

My MF from luck is capped (300%). I would like to be able to use the luck I get from daily logins for SOMETHING. If some one else values karma or gold drops more than MF, then I’m not opposed to them being able to use it for other boosts.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I would rather have karma than magic find myself. I can at least do something directly with karma. Magic find is only for kills in most of Tyria and I get the majority of my drops from containers.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

My MF from luck is capped (300%). I would like to be able to use the luck I get from daily logins for SOMETHING. If some one else values karma or gold drops more than MF, then I’m not opposed to them being able to use it for other boosts.

That would be nice, but has nothing to do with the OP’s suggestion. Pretty sure the choice would be about choosing to raise the account-wide MF, Gold, or Karma percentage.

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

That would be nice, but has nothing to do with the OP’s suggestion. Pretty sure the choice would be about choosing to raise the account-wide MF, Gold, or Karma percentage.

What if you could choose between Magic Find and the other account bonuses, Gold Find, Karma Gain, and XP Gain? Let some crafting disciplines transmute Essences of Luck into things that buff the other account bonuses.

Reads to me like please give us the option to allocate luck into whatever bonuses we choose.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

My bad. I guess I somehow missed reading the second sentence about transmuting Essences of Luck.

My apologies to you. I was thinking about the bonuses gained through Achievement Milestones.

It sounds like two different things to be addressed, then:

One, a choice at milestone on which bonus to increase.
Two, changing Essences of Luck into a different consumable that would either have a choice associated with it, or be able to be used in the MF, or some other crafting station.

Thanks for the clarification.