Magic Find users: What would you like to see?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

In the new system?

I don’t know what is going to happen to the gear, so I wont comment on it yet.

Personally I’ve grown accustomed to running 180-200% MF in open world depending on what I’m wearing.

Aside from the gear issue I’d be pretty down if after removing MF from our gear, I end up stuck with something like 60-100% MF, or less, and end up having to spend months to get my MF back where it use to be, if that is even possible since the word is they will be achievement bound now.

As for all the rune sets and gear, I don’t even know, I have about 3 MF rune sets spread out on MF gear, and non MF gear, no clue what will happen with runes though.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Options:
-Convert our gear into consumables
-Allow us the option to change our MF item stat to something else

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Options:
-Convert our gear into consumables
-Allow us the option to change our MF item stat to something else

Option one has the problem that if you only have one set you end up with a naked char you need to get new exotic gear for.

Option 2 has the problem that if you have 2 sets of gear already for that char you don’t need yet another set with differed stats.

Personally I think the best is to allow you to remove runes and then go for your second option but also turning the soul-bound into account-bound so you can use it on alts. That should fix all the problems.

Posted by: Tekyn.5376

Tekyn.5376

I think the MF change is a good idea but I want my 50 laurels refunded for the amulet and I want my 24 guild commendations refunded for the two accessories. Each of those represent a month of work.

“I feel like I’m getting trolled here. Good day sir.”
- John Smith, ArenaNet in-house economist

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

Sorry for the not-up-to-speed question, but did I miss an announcement? I didn’t know MF gear was going to be changed. I thought the achievements were just a supplement to MF.

Thanks for any insight!

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

Id prefer changing MF stat to another stat combo so it opens more options of gear for builds. Im not sure to what stat combo off the top of my head.
But that my full MF exotic gear, weapons, and trinkets that’s going to change. Im glad I did not buy MF ascended through laurels, but considered. :P Kinda sad but meh, I didn’t really like MF in any game.

Blog post Nikked – https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Sorry for the not-up-to-speed question, but did I miss an announcement? I didn’t know MF gear was going to be changed. I thought the achievements were just a supplement to MF.

Thanks for any insight!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/
Account Magic Find

We want to remove the choice players are currently being forced to make on their gear: “Do I go with better stats, or better loot?” This isn’t in the spirit of cooperation that Guild Wars 2 is all about. As such, we’ll be removing magic find entirely as an item stat and turning it into account stat that improved the odds of rare drops for all your characters.

You can improve your account magic find through the account achievement reward system and from consumable items found in game. As your magic find increases, it will require more consumables to keep raising it higher. In the near future, we’ll detail the system we’ll use to replace the existing magic find items. Our goal will be to have as little disruption as possible to those who currently own items with a magic find stat on them.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

Step1: Allow any MF item to be exchanged for any other stats, same skin.
Step2: Remove +% MF effect only from every piece of gear, that way people who are still hoarding them are forced to get rid of them(otherwise they have gear with only power, precision and fail). If you do not remove these stats from the items, people will just keep the MF gear and spam new MF boosts on top of their current MF gear(human greed) which they will keep forever.
Step3: For all pieces of MF gear exchanged, you receive a +1% MF account bound bonus that lasts 24hours, bonus stacks up to 100%. Yes you may grab a piece of blue gear that has MF on it and trade it in to get +1% MF bonus for a day. At some point, all MF items on TP will be completely gone due to people buying it and stacking it for 100% MF a day. Meanwhile, since no new MF gear is being generated, at some point demand > supply and will make even blue MF gear too expensive to buy from TP. Given that the MF on the gear has been rendered useless from the above steps, MF is gone from every piece of gear in the game.
Step4: Disable or modify to not include MF any recipe of any items that will make Explorer’s or Opal in it.

So as examples:
Explorer’s Exalted Armor(Exotic) <=> Berzerker’s Exalted Armor(Exotic)
obtains +1% MF boost for 24 hours for trading.

Explorer’s Winged Tunic(Fine) <=> Giver’s Winged Tunic(Fine)

Triforge Pendant(Ascended) <=> Triforge Pendant(Ascended) (new Celestial stats)

The End…of Magic Find

(edited by Turtle Dragon.9241)

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

In order to not damage the high end crafting market, vicious claws (explorers) needs to be replaced by -something_ I’m predicting we’ll see a new attribute type introduced, like +x% class mechanic bonus, or +% boon magnitude.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: Cloudwalkernz.1328

Cloudwalkernz.1328

This is an interesting development. Sad for me I have just recently purchase MF gears for all my 7 alts due to the need to farm events items.

Personally I don’t mind so much MF disappearing since I never like it anyway. For me, I guess it all come down to timing. If MF is going away in 2014 then it is fine with me since I will have got 5 to 6 months use of my gear. If it goes away the next update then I will be most unimpressed.

As to what happen to our existing MF gears. It will be best if we could trade them for something else or give me new stats and make them unbound so we can sell them if we don’t like the stat.

Posted by: Dresden.1736

Dresden.1736

I rarely use my MF set, but I did buy it, and now that it’s being rendered useless, I want a refund for it. I will not be okay if the item just retains the stat, but makes it inactive. I also want a refund for my Gilded infusion since they are removing that thing’s effectiveness as well.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

snipped for brevity

Are you trolling? 24 hours? Just kittening nuke the stat with no exchange at all then.
Not everyone pulled a credit card to just buy their MF exotic gear, and they certainly didn’t intend to just wear it for 24hours.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

Thanks for the info, Hebee and Lambent! I started MF gearing an alt for farming, which included spending a bunch of laurels and guild commendations. Oof. Guess I’ll stop before I get the armor.

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

Turtle Dragon.9241

snipped for brevity

Are you trolling? 24 hours? Just kittening nuke the stat with no exchange at all then.
Not everyone pulled a credit card to just buy their MF exotic gear, and they certainly didn’t intend to just wear it for 24hours.

Anybody could be grabbing MF boosts from blue rarity gear. The point is to remove MF from the gear and give you regular(stats-useful) gear so you are not a liability to dungeon teams anymore, without forcing you to farm said gear all over again.

The point isnt to give you permanent MF that you had on your gear + free regular gear as exchange. That would be awfully broken because everyone would just grab every piece of blue explorer gear and exchange permanent MF until they reach over 1000% and have it forever.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Salvage MF gear will yield a MF kit as per the new system. Number of kits based on rarity of item.

Runes can be exchanged at a vendor for more kits.

MF stat removed from that gear on patch day so you can’t stack and armor is inferior but still useable.

/done

Turtle Dragon.9241

Salvage MF gear will yield a MF kit as per the new system. Number of kits based on rarity of item.

MF stat removed from that gear on patch day so you can’t stack and armor is inferior but still useable.

/done

Not quite. MF kits will not be free, armor MF that you already have will still be free to equip. So unless you actually nip the MF out of the armor itself, some people will still be running MF in dungeon(because it is free) if they dont have kits, and be still a liability to the team.

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

My concern is that I have a full Exotics (and even my only ascended tinket) orineted to MF. I spent a lot to buy that, what will happen with it?

I’m really worried about this. :S

:(

Sorry for my english.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

/done

Not quite. MF kits will not be free, armor MF that you already have will still be free to equip. So unless you actually nip the MF out of the armor itself, some people will still be running MF in dungeon(because it is free) if they dont have kits, and be still a liability to the team.

you realize you quoted the part of my statement that says… “MF stat removed from that gear on patch day so you can’t stack and armor is inferior but still useable.”

Which directly addresses your post. Removes MF from gear, and also lets people still wear the gear in case it is their only set.

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I think replacing MF stat with another stat would be a bad move. People have MF gear for one purpose, MF, as such it would be impossible to really replace without resulting in an item that player may or may not find useful. I think it’ll endup somewhat like this:

MF ceases to function on gear. You can trade in your gear to a vendor for a special item, handing in a gear with a sigil/rune/infusion gives back the original pieces of (non mf)gear as well. The special item can be either a) salvaged to recover the costs involved, or b) used in the mystic forge to produce the items that give the permanent account-wide MF boost. So for example, you trade in an ascended amulet with the MF infusion. You’d recieved two ascended tier items (one greater, one lesser), which you can either salvage for laurels or put into the mystic forge. Lower tier items would salvage to crafting incredients, etc.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

All mf stats should be converted to

Power
Precision
Critical Damage

I imagine this is the first step, so they can remove everything that’s not berserker.

/sarcasm

Anything please let me melt it down for laurels or something.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

So long as I can still use my Yakkington’s Ring and Amulet of the Traveller (which are more for RP value than the MF bonus) I’ll be reasonably happy. We managed fine in GW1 without magic find boosts, and if this change means they’re finally fixing the broken loot system (which MF was only ever an attempt to redress) then it’ll be a good thing overall.

Posted by: D best.3547

D best.3547

I’m running divinity ascended gear to get most of my magic find I would like to see condition duration or boon duration to replace MF in that type of gear. sort of how traits have all of the stats divinity should get that too. I’m also running the MF infusion in my pendant, that is something I dont think should go away because it is not a gear stat (neither is gaining extra karma or extra coins from monsters)

Sea of Sorrows
Champion Paragon

(edited by D best.3547)

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

I just want my laurels back

Posted by: Alacrity.4312

Alacrity.4312

I’d like to see more “+ condition duration” &/or “+ boon duration”,
even though it mightn’t suit my builds; there’s not enough sets with those stats.

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

No one mention the use of lvl 80 transmuting stones with mf gear. I want my lvl 80 (fine) transmuting stones, all the gold, guild coms and laurels back! Thank you.
But happy Anet finally removed the gear mf. It’s the right path.

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

I’m not really convinced there is that much wrong with MF. The only thing I would do is Spread the total MF in a party across the whole party so everyone benefits.

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

I would hope they would use a system that forced you to (at no cost) transmute the old MF gear into one of the other stat sets or also had a refund option for stuff that cost alternative currency. (tokens, ectos, laurels, etc.)

Then they’d not even have to clean out the TP themselves, as MF gear bought off of there would have to be transmuted (at no additional cost) into something else before use.

That would satisfy both the groups that either want different stats or a refund.

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

Option 1: Give MF gear a one use ability to change its stats to something else. Whatever method is used to change the stats on Legendary weapons would be used here, but only one time.

Option 2: Add NPC that will buy MF gear from you in a variety of currencies… gold, tokens, skill points, crafting supply boxes, etc.

Option 3: Replace MF with a run speed boost which would make sense thematically for Travelers, Explorers, and Wayfarers, and then either add Option 1 or Option 2 for people who don’t like the new stat.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I have 148% MF spread out over my exotic armor and ascended gear. 60 from runes, 18 from the armor, 30 on an amulet with MF infusion, 20 from 2 rings, and 20 from 2 accessories. Not to even mention my weapons and sigil of luck.

Anything short of giving me my 148% MF as a bonus is worthless. I already have a full set of dungeon zerker/soldier gear that I use.

No need for ‘a new stat’ on my MF gear. No need for a timed MF booster. I have plenty of those.

I’m sure I will be disappointed in the end.

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

I want to be able to swap my ascended magic find trinkets to other ascended trinkets. Or just give my pristine relics back. I also want back the 20 laurels I used on my utility infusion.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

Posted by: winters.3521

winters.3521

Though I realize that introducing new MF consumables will possibly become a lucrative avenue of revenue for Anet, a system that also employs the same types of NPC’s we saw during The Secret of Southsun who would offer a choice of either Magic Find or Gold Find bonus would be greatly appreciated -and- would facilitate the transition from gear-based MF to account based MF.

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i answer directly to the question on the title:

some rare or exotic loot!

(and yeah i’m aware of what you were really asking^^)

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

What I would like to see to be reasonably happy (in order):

1) The drop rate I currently get wearing +100% Magic Find gear without consumables. It’s the difference between farming feeling worthwhile and a waste of time for me and I don’t want to have to remember to acquire and use consumables to maintain it. It’s why I achieved the +100% with runes and some other equipment instead of getting the 100% with consumables, which is currently possible. If I have to pop consumables to maintain a decent drop quality, it’s going to reduce my enjoyment of the game. It’s a grind and I thought GW2 wasn’t about grind.

2) Replace the magic find gear with something worthwhile and compensate the people who got their gear through dungeons with a refund (e.g., Seals of Bettletun for Noble Runes) and the same with people who spent laurels on Magic Find gear and infusions. I would prefer the magic find gear to be replaced with a random selection of runes and equipment types so that if people decide to sell them, the market isn’t flooded with a single type of equpiment.

3) Give people a way to unload their second set of armor after it’s been converted to non-Magic Find modifiers because many people won’t need a second set of armor if it’s not Magic Find. The easiest way to do this is to unsoulbind all Magic Find gear and only soulbind it again if it’s re-equipped. That way, people can sell their extra armor sets. Getting value back for this gear should not require salvaging it unless the salvage returned is mighty impressive and comparable to the market rate of that type of armor.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

(edited by Berk.8561)

Posted by: lilstev.3498

lilstev.3498

A refund!

/15char

Posted by: Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Magic find not being tied to gear or achievement points. I would prefer it to be like the Diablo 3 paragon systems. Where you level you character passed level 80 in title and gain magic find and gold find. I but there going to tie it to achievement points to force you to log in everyday.

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

I foresee a trade system.

Gear with magic find will be made inoperable. Everyone gets reset to zero. You invested into gear with MF, you got some work out it. Now everyone is back at baseline.

Trade in gear of certain tier with any of equal tier.

Blue any MF————→Blue any stat combo available
Green any MF———→Green any stat combo available
Rare any MF————→Rare any stat combo available
Exotic/Ascened MF—→Exotic/Ascended any.

1 set per character per day for 24hour consumables. Make this new consumable cheap to buy at a fixed price (don’t make it food/potion), have it stack with food. If it’s at a fixed price won’t make every piece of MF gear currently on tp skyrocket and players won’t stockpile these items on 50 alts just for a consumable.

Posted by: AveryFarman.2973

AveryFarman.2973

I can’t imagine how they’re going to do this while ensuring that no undue burden is placed on folks, like myself, who spent a lot of time constructing MF gear. I’m also used to running around with 160+% MF, with about half that coming from consumables, and I’ve two suits of armor (one for MF, one for groups.)

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I’m so excited about this change. I have 100+% MF and would love to run something else without feeling like I’m missing something. Account bound is fine. I can run the armor I want and not worry about MF. Although, I’d rather it just be gone altogether, but this works.

Posted by: Sting.6879

Sting.6879

I would like my 250 Badges of Honor and 40 Laurels back thank you very much.

20 Laurels on Magic Find Infusion.
20 Laurels + 250 Badges of Honor on The Golden Lotus (10% Magic Find)

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Since I like to farm a lot underwater with my Engie and his full exotic MF gear with full ascended MF accessories, I decided to go ahead and get the legendary Frenzy.

I am so stoked to know that my farming routine will probably be killed, and now the legendary I got will probably go largely unused because my main reason for spending so much time underwater is probably going to be shut down.

It was the amount of time that I spend underwater farming that lead to the decision to finish Frenzy. Thanks alot guys.