Magic Finding broken?

Magic Finding broken?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Piccolo.7296

Piccolo.7296

With my MF armor, I have over 100% MF. Yet, I don’t notice a difference with drops compared to when I don’t have my MF gear on. In fact, I get more and better drops without my MF on because I can kill them way faster with my main gear on. With 100%+ MF, shouldn’t I be getting high level loot every time I can loot a NPC?

Magic Finding broken?

Posted by: Knuckledust.5621

Knuckledust.5621

Would you notice a difference between a 0.05% drop rate and a 0.1% drop rate?

Loot table as a whole needs a rework, it is just broken in every aspect.

Magic Finding broken?

Posted by: Arson.4189

Arson.4189

Diminishing returns = Your mf doesn’t mean crap

Magic Finding broken?

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

It don’t work that way. +100% doubles the chance of finding something, but when there’s a 1% chance to start with, doubling that is 2%. On the plus side, you’ll find magic stuff roughly twice as often with it as without it.

Magic Finding broken?

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

it would help if Arenanet came out and actually told us the whole statistics of MF.

on the Wiki it states it ONLY affects Yellow “Rare” items, yet im willing to bet none of you believe this to be true, i know i dont.

not to mention the following:
is MF applied on kill or looting?
Does it affect opening loot bags/chests?
Does it affect the Mystic Forge?
Does it affect fine crafting materials?
Does it give a greater chance of Salvaging Ecto’s?

so many questions Arenanet could answer once and for all with an official response.

Magic Finding broken?

Posted by: raxx.8914

raxx.8914

It does work, you need to use it over long periods to see it, black chests are the ones you notice it most on, the things are too common with MF gear. Do you think they put stuff in and don’t test it and something this big of a stat. It works but 100% takes something that drops 1:1000 to 1:500.