Magma Elemental tweak please?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

Do you think you could tone down these guys a bit? Not a big nerf but just a small one please? They are obsurdly deadly to just be some regular mob walking by. I don’t mind a challenge but these guys with their enormous amount of burns and fire fields is just a bit too much.

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

To what end? If you are scared of them don’t fight them. If you need what they’re protecting, they’re not particularly hard to kill they just take a few seconds longer.

Posted by: Derpblox.2035

Derpblox.2035

I second this. Being someone fully equipped in ascended with two legendary weapons being swapped in combat, the amount of damage they do is a bit absurd. You can see even on your map of the amount and frequency of defeated players in the Balthazar part of Siren’s Landing. So clearly almost everyone is struggling to survive the burn damage they do.

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

A lot of open world players have no idea what condis do.

Posted by: Cirian.8917

Cirian.8917

I like the danger.

Just be glad they don’t have a 3-way multishot fireball… yet.

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

Agree completely about them being a bit too strong. It’s only one condi so it isn’t hard to clear, the issue is just that the burn ticks are so frequent and stack so quickly that condi clears aren’t extremely useful here. And the burn damage does A LOT. But all burn damage in this game seems to be king of condis.

Kind of surprised they didn’t patch it in already.

Avoiding them as another person suggested isn’t always possible, as the entire area is pretty much full of them. Add that to the nets from the mercs and it’s easy to get downed. I’ve mostly just avoided this area due to how annoying many of the mobs are here.

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

I’m glad some PvE areas are easier and some are harder. This area has some challenge and I’m glad for the variety. In other forum discussions there have been a number of asks for PvE “hard mode”. Maybe areas like this one are a step in that direction.

Posted by: keramatzmode.1906

keramatzmode.1906

The condis are okay, but a 10 stack for standing one tick of a second in their AOE is absurd. I mean sure, im glad im running thief with tricks and drunk engi. But man, theyre dreadful if youre on a warrior. The problem is, they SPAM their AOE skills way too often.

My problems isnt with the magma hoever, but the jumping lava rivers that can kills you in an instant.

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Im a WvW player, I’m used to toxic condis. Was easy taking them down, just had a bit more HP. Dunno why people die to this. Just get 1-2 cleanses and dodge a bit. I know that off-raid PvE players are not used to dodge or cleanse,

welcome to the real GW2.

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

Well obviously not everyone is as amazing at this game as you.

Posted by: Havok.6073

Havok.6073

No. No no no. The game is supereasy already, i welcome something to fight that resembles the challenge that we had when the game launched, before it was dumbed down to oblivion to please the horde of wow kids. If anything, make all mobs as hard as these fiery guys ^^

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If anything, make all mobs as hard as these fiery guys ^^

That would be a nerf to a lot of the enemies in HoT. These things are weak compared to veteran shadowleapers, smokescales, bristlebacks, desolators, ancient golems, etc.

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

The Magma Elementals are fine. Challenging at first, yes, but they’re easy when you realize circling around them and using projectile denial or reflects renders them mostly harmless.

Even if it’s 2 or 1 plus mercenaries, use the terrain in Balthazaar’s region to your advantage: line of sight them behind pillars and move around it while getting shots in.

Condition cleanses are useful, and if you’re a Necromancer, slot condition transfers and tank their burning or the use the 10 stacks from the lava pools and send it onto them. The Magmas are decently challenging at most, but you need the know-how first.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I think leave ’em as is, 99.9% of the enemies and bosses can be facerolled, having a few enemies that require more than auto-attack serves this playerbase some right. You have utility skills
use them

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I ended up with 34 burn stacks after I caught the attention of two of them. Still survived.

I managed to take them down by stunlocking them for a good portion of the fight. Also, if you can attune to the fountainhead, the knockback makes any singular creature in the area easy. They hurt, but they’re not so bad on their own.

It’s when they seem to attract a pack of mercenaries or exist near those garlgblargkitteningkittenit Orrian eye stalks that I get particularly annoyed.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Its not like the magma elementals are necessary content. Theyre titans (not literally) meant to be either avoid, or challenged, but definetely not hunter by the average joe.
And its nothing new, many games have titans that are just mobs meant to be avoided, but can be fought by experienced people.