Magus Falls (New zones?)

Magus Falls (New zones?)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

I’m pretty sure we will get 3-4 new zones in Season 2. Magus Falls seem to be the place where a dragon sleeps and awakens. If you look at other zones and split Magus Falls into the same size it pretty much splits into 4 zones. Some people have said Maguuma Wastes, but it makes more sense for Magus Falls imo, if they want us to fight a dragon in Season 2. If they make the dragon fight a cliffhanger into Season 3, then I would say Maguuma Wastes is a possibility.

I’m not sure if we will get a new race, but it is possible. Maybe new weapon sets for each class, as the latest GW2 video on twitch was about “Video Description
Josh, Karl and Jon discuss the Guild Wars 2 balance team’s balance philosophy for each profession”
. They would have to balance a lot when introducing new weapon sets.

What do you guys think?

Magus Falls (New zones?)

Posted by: Ilgust.1206

Ilgust.1206

Expect more BL chests with overpriced bkittene skins for S2 so stack those keys through the roof cuz this game has nothing going for it so far. I doubt S2 will be any better

Magus Falls (New zones?)

Zoid.2568

Expect more BL chests with overpriced bkittene skins for S2 so stack those keys through the roof cuz this game has nothing going for it so far. I doubt S2 will be any better

ArenaNet themselves said Season 2 will be much better in form of quality and quantity . Season 1 was a lot of testing, what works and what not.

Magus Falls (New zones?)

Posted by: TazzDeMazz.4716

TazzDeMazz.4716

@Ilgust Little bit of a negetive nancy no?
@OP seems to be a bit to overexpecting. I expect like 2 maps. Anything more would be awesome but I’m not holding my breath for it.
New race and weapon set seems higly doubtfull but who knows.

Magus Falls (New zones?)

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Well, someone datamined a new area - notice what seems to be a portal near the bottom-left hand corner.

Couple that with Woodenpotatoes finding a section of the map that was sort of formed and that is in the same area as the datamined map, it’s entirely possible that we’ll be getting new areas.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Magus Falls (New zones?)

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

I’m pretty sure we will get 3-4 new zones in Season 2.

Wow. How very optimistic of you.
Here I was only daring to hope for one new zone. I wouldn’t really be that surprised if, even after giving a teaser image of a zone portal, ArenaNet decided to go “PSYCH!” on July 1st and flip us off for expecting something like that.

However if 3-4 zones are opened up on July 1st – I think I may go into a happy state of shock.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Magus Falls (New zones?)

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Here I was only daring to hope for one new zone. I wouldn’t really be that surprised if, even after giving a teaser image of a zone portal, ArenaNet decided to go “PSYCH!” on July 1st and flip us off for expecting something like that.

However if 3-4 zones are opened up on July 1st – I think I may go into a happy state of shock.

I’m thinking he meant 3-4 over the course of the LS2. I doubt they’d do them all in one patch, as it’d spread everyone too thin.

That said, talking on these forums about the LS feels like that first mission on Claw Island.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Magus Falls (New zones?)

Azhure.1857

I’m thinking he meant 3-4 over the course of the LS2. I doubt they’d do them all in one patch, as it’d spread everyone too thin.

You’re right, that is likely what he meant. However that is still extremely optimistic.

Magus Falls (New zones?)

Zoid.2568

Yes, over the entire Season 2. Not on the first day. I don’t think I am overoptimistic. I think I am right on the spot. If ArenaNet don’t deliver, they will have problems. They said Season 2 will have mostly permanent content and they will focus more on content people want. Season 1 was a lot of testing what people wanted and what worked. Season 2 will be more of a complete thing and not a testing ground.

It would be funny if ArenaNet could say if I am overoptimistic or not.

Magus Falls (New zones?)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

If they put in a new map, I can see hordes of people running into it like kids into a new playground.

Attachments:

Magus Falls (New zones?)

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Yes, over the entire Season 2. Not on the first day. I don’t think I am overoptimistic. I think I am right on the spot. If ArenaNet don’t deliver, they will have problems. They said Season 2 will have mostly permanent content and they will focus more on content people want. Season 1 was a lot of testing what people wanted and what worked. Season 2 will be more of a complete thing and not a testing ground.

Yes, they said S1 was a lot of testing, something I know several of us kept telling people but nobody listened. So yeah, it was…. lacking…

I do expect more from S2, even new maps. Keep in mind though that just because they said “mostly permanent content and they will focus more on content people want” doesn’t necessarily mean new maps. They never distinctly said “new maps.” The initial teaser in conjunction with the datamining does imply we’ll get at least one, but other things have been datamined before that didn’t come to pass, so have to take that with a grain of salt.

Personally I’m hoping for between 3 and 5 over the course of the season, but that’s a lot of work (if you take hearts, DEs, etc into account). So, as always, I’m just kicking back, putting my feet up, and seeing where the ride takes me.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Magus Falls (New zones?)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Yes, they said S1 was a lot of testing, something I know several of us kept telling people but nobody listened. So yeah, it was…. lacking…

I do expect more from S2, even new maps. Keep in mind though that just because they said “mostly permanent content and they will focus more on content people want” doesn’t necessarily mean new maps. They never distinctly said “new maps.” The initial teaser in conjunction with the datamining does imply we’ll get at least one, but other things have been datamined before that didn’t come to pass, so have to take that with a grain of salt.

Personally I’m hoping for between 3 and 5 over the course of the season, but that’s a lot of work (if you take hearts, DEs, etc into account). So, as always, I’m just kicking back, putting my feet up, and seeing where the ride takes me.

If they make new maps, they may not have hearts. The old level 70-80 maps don’t. They said the new content would be for level 80s so maybe it’s all level 80 maps.

Magus Falls (New zones?)

LanfearShadowflame.3189

If they make new maps, they may not have hearts. The old level 70-80 maps don’t. They said the new content would be for level 80s so maybe it’s all level 80 maps.

That’s true, they might not. By previous standard, they shouldn’t. That had slipped my mind. They’d still be a lot of work to do to be on par with other maps with DE webs, voiced npc chatter, etc.

Magus Falls (New zones?)

Azhure.1857

By previous standard, they shouldn’t.

I know you guys don’t agree with me on this, mainly because ArenaNet said, “more perma content” and you all have your hopes up. The datamining also helps with that. However if we go by previous standards – we should remember that they have only released one new map in nearly two years. That is their standard.

With that said…
I hope I’m pleasantly surprised this season.

Magus Falls (New zones?)

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

Precisely why the rest of us would be calling this a “forever beta” game ’cos of the first 2 “lacking” years.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Magus Falls (New zones?)

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I don’t think 3-4 new zones is optimistic. In season 1 we got:

• Mad King’s Realm zones (4 small maps)
  • Southsun Cove
  • Labyrinthine Cliffs
  • The Crown Pavilion
  • Tower of Nightmares
  • Edge of the Mists
  • Five new forms of Lion’s Arch (Halloween, Wintersday, Dragon Bash, Escape/Battle, and Aftermath).

And that is excluding the changes to maps and dungeons as well as Fractals, Todd’s airship, Molten Facility, and Aetherblade Retreat. Oh, and SAB.

We’ll need new decorations, thus a new map, for Halloween and Wintersday, perhaps Dragon Bash. But the rest of the annual stuff can be reused. Thus more resources for new zones and maps and dungeons for Season 2.

3 zones (Mordremoth’s equivalent of the three Orr zones) and 2 dungeons and a whole storyline equivalent to Claw Island and on in amount of content is what I’m setting my standards to. I wouldn’t expect a new race until season 3.

As to where the zones will be… I expect one will be arid – Ettin’s Back more or less – one will be half arid, half vegetative, and the third will be highly vegetated, with a dungeon entrance to Mordremoth fight. The second dungeon I expect to be Fort Vandal, because gosh darn it give us Fort Vandal!

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

Magus Falls (New zones?)

LanfearShadowflame.3189

By previous standard, they shouldn’t.

I know you guys don’t agree with me on this, mainly because ArenaNet said, “more perma content” and you all have your hopes up. The datamining also helps with that. However if we go by previous standards – we should remember that they have only released one new map in nearly two years. That is their standard.

With that said…
I hope I’m pleasantly surprised this season.

Technically speaking, we have gotten more than one ‘map.’ Mad Kings realm was its own map. Cliffs is a map. Crown Pavilion is its own map. ToN was a new map. They didn’t all stay around 100% of the time, but they are still “maps.” They had de’s and such and were open world.

Both the Aether and Molten dungeons were their own maps; as was SAB. Although since these weren’t ‘open world’ we’ll limit their discussion.

Additionally, due to events some maps got redesigned or tweaked. (Kessex, LA)

Still, I’m aware “more permanent content” does not necessarily mean new maps, and I said that. By rights “more permanent content” could imply more world bosses, more DEs, more hearts, and more story instances. All of which could be done in the existing maps. Sure I hope we get some new maps, but we really just don’t know. So, like I said before, just going to put my feet up and see where things take us.

Edit: I see Konig had the same idea as me (just didn’t see it since I started drafting this before my meeting, and finished it when I came back lol) I completely forgot about southsun too.

Precisely why the rest of us would be calling this a “forever beta” game ’cos of the first 2 “lacking” years.

Honestly, the same was said of GW1 right up through Nightfall and the eventual announcement of GW2. I guess as long as I’m enjoying myself, I don’t really care one way or the other. I don’t mind trying new things. (And LS1 did get significantly better as time progressed.)

shrug

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

Magus Falls (New zones?)

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

@OP seems to be a bit to overexpecting. I expect like 2 maps. Anything more would be awesome but I’m not holding my breath for it.

We’ll get one zone, but they’ll market it like it was two entire multi-zone regions.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!