Maguuma Explorer 98% Impossible!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: yakuza snowdragon.4639

yakuza snowdragon.4639

I’m not sure how or why but my achievement for Maguuma Explorer is at 98% and I have no idea what I’m missing. I’ve cursored over all maps and have completed everyone 100%. I just have no clue as to how to find what is missing. I have 1 legendary so I completed mapping a very long time ago and went back and finished any wp’s poi added since then. Anyone else stuck on Maguuma Explorer?

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

Each map is broken into zones, not all zones have a poi/vista/wp. Search for any blurred areas you missed.

Posted by: Gutek.1534

Gutek.1534

You betwitched me, you evil magpie! -Chhk the Windmill King

Posted by: yakuza snowdragon.4639

yakuza snowdragon.4639

Great help thanks but I’ve got those now and I’m at 99% lol this is going to do my head in, any other areas anyone can think of that may be missing?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Two things someone exploring can do. One is to go into options and make sure the content pointer is set on Hide Events and Personal Story. Then go to each map in turn and see if the pointer locates a missing area. There will also be an icon on the map on missed areas that looks like a person standing with one foot on an incline. Another thing they can do is go through the Bluestone and check off the list one by one.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Bluestone/Explorer

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Yep, my bet is on this little White Mantle treat in Brisban Wildlands too. Be sure to catch the event chain while you’re there!

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Quite amazingly the one area missing from my daughter’s Maguuma Explorer was the Golemagical Institute. It is the place where the Asura characters start. I said amazingly, because she has three Asura.

Posted by: Civilis.2547

Civilis.2547

I’ve helped a lot of Guild members with the exploration achievements, and after the usual suspects (in the case of Maguuma, the ones Gutek, Garambola and Maddoctor listed) have been ruled out, the next thing I do is go to the wiki and go zone by zone listing all the areas that have no features.

For Maguuma:
Caledon Forest: the Rowanwoods, Dreamdark Enclave
Metrica Province: Golemagical Institute, the Serpentwind, Fisher’s Beach Bend, Calx’s Hideout
Brisban: Aurora’s Remains, Proxemics Lab
Sparkfly Fen: Ocean’s Gullet, Shimmerstone Cave, Shattercleft Hills
Mount Maelstorm: Cubular Fells, Magmatic Conjury, Unguent Den, Deidre’s Steps

Proxemics Lab was added with the Guild Missions, and a player that does not do Guild Missions may not have it. Magmatic Conjury tends to only get visited if you do the pre-event for the Megadestroyer. I’ve had a couple of people that just missed the Rowanwoods, Shattercleft Hills or the Serpentwind because they are out of the way.

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

Given that there are so many players who have completed the explorer title, I myself included, you should probably cut out the “impossible” off your title.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Two things someone exploring can do. One is to go into options and make sure the content pointer is set on Hide Events and Personal Story. Then go to each map in turn and see if the pointer locates a missing area.

This is however bugged in Orr it seems. At least when i did my 100% world in
Straits of Devastation at some point it wanted to send me to Mount Maelstrom
even if i didn’t had 100% of Straits.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Two things someone exploring can do. One is to go into options and make sure the content pointer is set on Hide Events and Personal Story. Then go to each map in turn and see if the pointer locates a missing area.

This is however bugged in Orr it seems. At least when i did my 100% world in
Straits of Devastation at some point it wanted to send me to Mount Maelstrom
even if i didn’t had 100% of Straits.

It’s bugged that it will try to send you off to neighboring maps when you get near a portal. Perhaps that’s what you saw. I guess the pointer can “see” the areas through the portal and since they are closer, it tries to send you there.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.