Mail Limit

Mail Limit

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nuka.6701

Nuka.6701

I’m looking to store a large investment of items in the mail by mailing to a friend and having them return to sender. I know the limit of mail you can have at one time is 10 (from players at least), but I also know that extra mail will get queued in a backlog. Is there a limit to this backlog, or can I potentially keep queueing items in there forever?

Mail Limit

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I don’t think there any current information on it. In 2012/2013 there was this commentary in wiki

Talk:Mail

1) The big exploit I saw in the Beta events was that you could essentially use the mail system as long term storage between two accounts (keep mailing your stuff to the other as your inventory filled, and picked through the messages when you need something. Yes, I think 10 is a bit conservative too, though… 192.168.104.79 18:17, 2 September 2012 (UTC)

2) I was able to send 50-60 mails to an alternate account after which any mail sent to that account was automatically returned to me. —24.218.241.255 22:17, 17 October 2013 (UTC)

This says that storage by email was already tried by players and was limited around launch. You may be able to store some this way but from this when you reach a cap the person you send it to will have it bounced back to him when he tries to return it back to you.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Mail Limit

Posted by: Nuka.6701

Nuka.6701

Thanks for the response. Seems like I might have to buy some additional character slots in order to store everything.

Mail Limit

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

You might want to think about additional bank slots and crafting stacks instead.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Mail Limit

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I remember Kit the Traveler mentioning that people get “mailbox is full” with a backlog of ~10-20 email. That is: your mailbox will show full from your account and you can receive another 10 pieces.

Accordingly, I don’t recommend it for storage.

Among the alternatives:

• Bigger bags (there are a lot of sources, Halloween Pails being one of the easiest to obtain)
  • Bank and Crafting expansions.
  • Additional toons and additional bag slots.
  • Store stuff on the TP — if you can mail it, you can also list it. For example, I am storing all my snowflakes on the TP. I just price them far above what I’d be willing to pay, give Gnashblade his 5%. If it sells, great; if not, I can reclaim whenever. Works well for mats that have a low market value.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”