Mail Limitations

Mail Limitations

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kitsumeo.8754

Kitsumeo.8754

Hello,

I want to make a suggestion to improve the mailing system.
Currently (the past 2 years) the limit have always been 2 mails which after 2 mails you get supressed.
As a Veteran player and a Guild Leader I get very frustrated by the limitation from time to time. Today I encountered the limitation again and here I am making a forum post

Doing a giveaway or handing out prizes for guild events is a pain in the *.
Also when removing guild members we like to send them a mail to give them a reason why they have been removed/replaced. if you have to remove 30 members it takes about 1-2 hours to send all the mails if lucky.

Here is my suggestion:
Either put a mail limitation on character levels.

• Level 1 – 30 = 2 mails max (against any spammers)
  • Level 30 – 60= 5 mails max
  • Level 60 – 80 = unlimited

Or just make the limitation account bound

• New accounts up to 1-2 months have a limit of 2 mails
  • Every account that is older has no limitation.

I really hope this will be considered in the next major feature pack.

Kind Regards,
Kitsumeo

Guild Leader of Whitelions [Claw]
Practise makes perfect.

Mail Limitations

Posted by: Sweetblue Huntress.9856

Sweetblue Huntress.9856

The issue with no limitations on older accounts or higher characters are that accounts get hacked and then used for gold selling. I highly suggest adding this to the current CDI that is about guilds: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Guilds-Logistics-and-QOL/first

If most of the mail you are trying to send is for guildmates, then possibly that could be something looked into in improving Guild QOL…at least as a Guild Leader (or Officer). It’s worth posting there.

Leta Lorelei – Luwythea – Too many more to name
Jade Quarry

Mail Limitations

Posted by: Sweetblue Huntress.9856

Sweetblue Huntress.9856

Actually, someone posted exactly what you said in first page: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Guilds-Logistics-and-QOL/first#post4392627

Proposal Overview:
Make letters not sent to guild members count towards excessive messaging or a way to send a message to an individual guild member on guild kick.

Goal of Proposal
To enable a smoother elimination of inactive members and also give them a reason of why they are no longer part of the guild and who to contact when/if they come back.

Proposal Functionality
Make messages sent to guild members not count towards excessive message limit. The other option is when kicking a guild member, give a prompt asking if you would like to send the member a message and if yes, open a new window to send it to them, much as mail currently works.

Associated Risks
Possibility of spam through this, although the kick message would only be able to be sent once as they are then kicked.

Below is my original post that I condensed into the above format.

One thing I would like as a guild leader is for letters that are sent to my guild mates not to count towards the excessive messaging limit. I like the idea already proposed about mass bulletins but this doesn’t address a problem we’ve had before.

To put this in perspective, I’m part of a larger guild which was made when the game launched. We have a policy of after a certain period of not logging in, kicking players for inactivity. When we kick those who are inactive, we send a mail explaining the reason for the guild kick and to re contact us if they start playing again and what not.

The problem with this is that we have officers/leaders sitting there just waiting to be able to send this mail to them as the game doesn’t give a kicked player any indication of when or why they were kicked from a guild. Another possible way to do this is when you kick players from guild, leave the ability to send a message which will persist until the member dismisses it.

Thanks for the CDI and I look forward to some great additions to the current guild system!

Now go add your two cents! The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Leta Lorelei – Luwythea – Too many more to name
Jade Quarry