Mail carrier and a merchant wow so good... /s

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

This sale just got pitiful quick.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

What? The mail carrier is great! I snapped it up. 35 gems is about what it’s worth.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Can’t sneeze at 90% off. Wouldn’t normally ever buy those but 48 gems for both? I still have a pile of gems so why not.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I guess I’ll get the mail carrier. Nice and cheap and more options is always good. Those merchants are cheap too. I already have lots of those though so pass for me, but it’s still a good price.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Today was a great sale^^ I hope all mail carriers will be available for 35 gem, because that price is fine for them.

Sad and bad “sales” are the days where anet reintroduces the same items for like the 500th time. Like wings, rox quiver, kasmeer’s staff, majory’s dagger, and all the other resold stuff that is available for the same price like always…

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Well…save your gems for something else? ~shrugs~

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Bling instead of use full stuff. Yep, agree, pitiful.
Decent sale? gems 50% off for example.

Behellagh.1468

Well the 10% spike in the exchange rate certainly looks like players are converting gold for these. This may be an interesting experiment, will more gold get converted when it’s something very cheap gem wise due to a massive discount Vs a “normal” 20-30% off sale.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

Well the 10% spike in the exchange rate certainly looks like players are converting gold for these. This may be an interesting experiment, will more gold get converted when it’s something very cheap gem wise due to a massive discount Vs a “normal” 20-30% off sale.

People are foolish if they are using gold for gem at the current conversion rate…they are paying for more then double then what it cost.

Behellagh.1468

People are foolish if they are using gold for gem at the current conversion rate…they are paying for more then double then what it cost.

Yes but many players feel that gold to gems = “free”. You can always get more gold.

RIP City of Heroes

Just a flesh wound.3589

I would think so. If I were converting gold to gems at this time I would be more tempted by a smaller conversion of gold. Especially since a large number of people don’t seem to have much gold, from what I’ve seen of various screenshots that happen to show their gold amount.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

I like how I can’t gift the carrier to my friends.

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

I would just about guarantee you that this was designed to get more people to look at gold to gem conversion and become more literate with the store.

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Can someone explain what the heck the mail carrier does? We can already receive mail anywhere right?

Behellagh.1468

When you buy or sell on the TP or get mail, if you pay attention, their is a pigeon that flies by. This changes that to another animation from griffons to owls to guaggans on balloons. It’s a visual flavor thing like finishers.

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Just a flesh wound.3589

Can someone explain what the heck the mail carrier does? We can already receive mail anywhere right?

It’s a cosmetic skin that replaces your basic pigeon to a ghost or a different bird or a big present that drops and explodes into confetti, or a number of different items. It was requested by the players on the forum and then put in game.

Aviator quaggan mail carrier.

Attachments:

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Great price for the mail carrier, ty Anet. And I’m sure some of the new free to play players might make use of a merchant express, even if most of us have a bunch of them from daily log in rewards, which they don’t get.

The entitlement is strong with this one.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

This sale just got pitiful quick.

It’s fine if you don’t have any use for Hedwig mail; no reason you have to rain on other people’s parade. Using different mail carriers are a lot of fun and a 90% discount is nothing to sneeze at.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

But, they’re converting to buy something at a 10th of what it costs.

So, double 1/10 is 2/10, which is still 80% off. If they were planning on buying it anyway, it makes sense to.

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

I’m pleased that there are gaps between the high value items. I’m sure there’s a sale strategy reason behind it too (probably something psychological along the lines of people less willing to part with their money, if they have already spent a large amount of gems very recently). It could also be to somewhat stabilise or lower the gold-to-gem exchange for some reason.

Tomorrow I would expect something more expensive again or high demand, like another outfit sale, or maybe the new wings.

Also, I can’t complain about the Snowy Owl mail carrier. Very sweet looking- I already bought the non-gemstore parrot and raven one, but it’s nice having more variety across my alts. It also works out very cheap for me- I bought gems when they were around 60-70g for 400, so it comes to about 6g. Worth it if you’re into that sort of thing.

Blude.6812

Tomorrow I would expect something more expensive again or high demand, like another outfit sale, or maybe the new wings.

Again just more bling and does nothing to enhance game play or assist the player in a meaning way.

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

Again just more bling and does nothing to enhance game play or assist the player in a meaning way.

There was a bag sale just a couple of days ago, and the gem store is mostly bling.

Blude.6812

There was a bag sale just a couple of days ago, and the gem store is mostly bling.

Yep (not enough off the bags btw and I am maxed out anyway) and that is exactly why the wallet remains closed—-bling is useless. Meaningful stuff for vets—just not offered!

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Well, what would you want on sale then? The only thing that fits your bill is a boosters sale, which would be all of one day (or two if they split the two boosters between two days). Anything more and we’ll start inching into P2W territory.

Gems will never go on sale given you can discount it as much as you want by supplementing purchases with the gold exchange.

Edit: ah, I see you mean account upgrades like character and bank slot expansions. That I can understand.

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

The gemstore is like 90% bling, sale or not. So your problem isn’t really with the sale, but with the overall selection contents of the Gem Store.

But yes, I am hoping that there will be a character slot sale.

The only “non bling” items are:
-Character slots
-Bag slot expanders (already been on sale)
-Bank expanders (not yet, but likely)
-Infinite tools + salvage (which have already been in/are permanently in anyway, but could see a discount)
-Boosters

I was about to list make-over kits/hair-style kits but they’re just “bling” as well, I guess.

Basically just compare the contents of the “services” and “boosts” against the total of “toys” and “style”… people don’t nickname GW2 “Fasion Wars 2” for nothing :P

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

Yes, awesome sale. Great items. Amazing opportunity.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

The Wintersday Gifts Mail Carrier is the bestest most MLG one.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.