Mailbox Request ANet

Mailbox Request ANet

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: pixie.5940

pixie.5940

Coughs and clear throat and starts southern accent

My Dear ANet,

It has been a long time since I last asked of you to do something for me and I’m incredibly grateful you’ve been helpful to me. While me and Mr.Sprinkle Yakkington do enjoy giving adventures, task, gifts to many travelers, it has been hard when we miss out on folks who can’t fit a letter into my mailbox. I know you wont take the spam timer away. Coughs Thank you gold farmer protection, but I don’t think there really needs be a mailbox limit.

I expect changing this could help a lot big guilds who do events as well as the community in general. I hope I’m not asking too much, but when time is right…do you think we can expand the mailbox size? It make my life tad easier…and help me to not miss out on anyone. Many times, if someone doesn’t have a lot time log in to send a letter to me, it bounces back to them since my mailbox is often full.

Thank you so much for your time, and have a good day my sweet ANet.

Love – Kit The Traveler and Sprinkle Yakkington

Doesn’t have to be soon I’m sure more important things atm

Mailbox Request ANet

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Odd, I’ve never heard of a mail ‘bouncing’ back. They usually just sit in the queue.

Mailbox Request ANet

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Odd, I’ve never heard of a mail ‘bouncing’ back. They usually just sit in the queue.

I stopped sending stuff to Kit the Traveler because once their mailbox is full and has a backup queue, the mail just bounces back to me. I don’t want to stalk Kit to wait til they are online and have had time to enjoy the game before I start sending more stuff.

I don’t know what the solution is — it would be hard for ANet to manage different rules for different accounts and still keep the current anti-gold selling protections in place. On the other hand, the status quo is pretty awful for ‘alliance’ leaders and the few folks like Kit that collect & redistribute stuff for the benefit of the community.

I’d certainly support ANet doing something exceptional for Kit, considering how exceptional Kit has been for the community.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Mailbox Request ANet

pixie.5940

I stopped sending stuff to Kit the Traveler because once their mailbox is full and has a backup queue, the mail just bounces back to me. I don’t want to stalk Kit to wait til they are online and have had time to enjoy the game before I start sending more stuff.

I don’t know what the solution is — it would be hard for ANet to manage different rules for different accounts and still keep the current anti-gold selling protections in place. On the other hand, the status quo is pretty awful for ‘alliance’ leaders and the few folks like Kit that collect & redistribute stuff for the benefit of the community.

I’d certainly support ANet doing something exceptional for Kit, considering how exceptional Kit has been for the community.

Pretty much this ^^^^^ what this lovely person spoke of! There no queue..it goes up to 15 I believe is max cap for mail. Then with spam timer every two mail. I get slow down quickly. I do hate to leave people hanging*
Most time only time I ever, EVER turn back mail is if event over or I sadly ran out supplies.
<3 Some kind of system would be nice.

Mailbox Request ANet

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Too bad you cant mail stuff to a guild (and/or it’s guild bank). Would make things much easier for a lot of people. Collections full and not at LA or another city? Just mail it to your guild bank!

Mailbox Request ANet

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Pixie/Kit: I really would like to see Anet rework the mail system so that exceptions can be made for people such as yourself and others. It is shameful that someone who adds so much life to the community is limited by the ridiculously strict rules that Anet has put in place to stop gold sellers.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Mailbox Request ANet

pixie.5940

Yea- even if not just for me, but for any community event folks or even guilds who do thing for their guild.

Mailbox Request ANet

pixie.5940

I’ll even unlock a mastery line for this

Mailbox Request ANet

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

Try make a rant video about it. Work for peachy about compact bag. If do please also add to rant stop put sigil rune and crest in inventory craft bag.

;)

Mailbox Request ANet

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I watched a WP video on this subject, wasn’t aware it was a thing, so i went and sent some stuff which was instantly returned to me. I totally agree that the mail system is in an abysmal state. It really needs a complete overhaul.

As a guild leader, I have no mass mail out to guild members and with limited MotD, it really impedes me on daily basis from organizing anything for the guild. It is also rather annoying that i can only send to mails b4 i’m suppressed, Seriously? 2 mails? I don’t think this is stopping gold sellers one bit, as i’m constantly getting whispers from them, however, it does inconvenience your entire player base, who are being frustrated with this system to no end.

Mailbox Request ANet

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

How do you speak for the entire player base... You don’t know my opinion on the matter at all.

Mailbox Request ANet

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

How do you speak for the entire player base… You don’t know my opinion on the matter at all.

Well i don’t speak for you for sure, but i can only go by numerous complaints about it on these very forums and in game, as well as among the guilds community. Common sense tells me, that no player would be happy with this system, especially if they run a guild, have alt account and use the mail system a lot. But if out of all else said, you want to focus on the world “entire” be my guest.