Main Towns need Highschools

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

I think it would be great if main towns had highschools or universities we could enroll in. Similar to how there are Order of Whipers and Priory, we should be able join these optional schools, and then get access to school exclusive uniforms.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Asura get colleges.
Charr get fahrar.
Norn get Lager, Stout, or IPA.
Sylvari get… bushes?

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Asura get colleges.
Charr get fahrar.
Norn get Lager, Stout, or IPA.
Sylvari get… bushes?

Humans get sent to Centaur Summer Camp.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Natto.5819

Does this mean GW3 or expansion confirmed?

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Please merge this with the “we need pom-poms” thread.

So… you ask for schools to enroll in, but what does that mean, exactly? Is there some story there? A new way to earn mastery points? What exactly are you asking for? Or is the real hope just a schoolgirl uniform? If so, why the distraction of schools?

Natto.5819

Please merge this with the “we need pom-poms” thread.

So… you ask for schools to enroll in, but what does that mean, exactly? Is there some story there? A new way to earn mastery points? What exactly are you asking for? Or is the real hope just a schoolgirl uniform? If so, why the distraction of schools?

Just like with Wedding Outfit and wedding chapel in LA, it’s for roll-play community.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

So you’re really just asking for a school uniform outfit. Gotcha.

There is a sticky up top for gemstore suggestions, FYI.

Ayrilana.1396

You’re more likely to get the uniform as a costume than high schools or universities to enroll in. They’re not a part of the lore and the closest you’ll find are the colleges in Rata Sum.

Natto.5819

But they created a wedding chapel in LA. If they can do that, Anet can open the asura schools in every town and allow all races to enroll. Then it’ll be lore. Like Scarlet.

Ayrilana.1396

Weddings are more likely to occur in lore than high schools. Asuran colleges are primarily for their race although there have been exceptions (i.e. Scarlet).

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

What… WHAT!!!???!

Anet why??? I need this in my life ;_;

PLEASE BRING IT BACK

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Back? It was never here. It was data-mined back in the days of town clothes. Likely they never remade it as an outfit.

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I don’t know, man. The last town I was in had an orphanage and a hospital in it. I was unable to enroll as a doctor or a nurse, and had no option to adopt a child, only to leave them attended by 20 stray cats I picked up.

Then, this soldier that seems to be in charge of the local militia said I could only choose between saving the hospital or the orphanage. A high school seems like it would be a fire hazard in this particular town.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Xenon.4537

Back? It was never here. It was data-mined back in the days of town clothes. Likely they never remade it as an outfit.

This is such a farce… They don’t need to remake it… It’s already made. They could drop it in the gem store tomorrow and make tons of money instantly.

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

This is such a farce… They don’t need to remake it… It’s already made. They could drop it in the gem store tomorrow and make tons of money instantly.

The MODEL doesn’t need to be remade, but implementing it through code into the new outfit wardrobe thing would take time (however much or little time that would take, I have no idea, but it’s not as simple as copy/paste).

Also, the very idea of highschools in each major town doesnt make sense, since each race has VERY different standards of education. Charr have Fahrars which are much more battle focused than any other races education system, norn are hunter-gatherers by culture (that doesn’t mean they’re stupid or don’t have knowledge, they just don’t have a formalised system like a highschool) and sylvari are literally born with all their knowledge so there’s literally no need to provide sylvari with an education program like a highschool. Asura have colleges and i’m sure humans have another form of an education institution, but really ‘highschool’ doesn’t make sense in Tyria as a whole.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Town clothes and outfits actually are different models. Town clothes had separate pieces, chest, pants, hat, gloves, shoes. So yes, they would have to remake it even if they still have the original data.

If not, they got some ’splaining to do about the tonics that replaced a lot of our gem-bought town clothes. Most of us would have taken the skins as armor pieces rather than get a gem refund, I imagine.

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

Mad King was turned into an outfit from it’s previous armor pieces. I still remember carrying around 4 stacks of the Mad King’s outfit thing because each individual armor piece was turned into an outfit unlocker. Couldn’t trade them so I ended up deleting them. Since I don’t know what ArenaNet did under the hood, I can’t truly say what happened on their end, but that’s what happened with me.

Xenon.4537

Town clothes and outfits actually are different models. Town clothes had separate pieces, chest, pants, hat, gloves, shoes. So yes, they would have to remake it even if they still have the original data.

If not, they got some ’splaining to do about the tonics that replaced a lot of our gem-bought town clothes. Most of us would have taken the skins as armor pieces rather than get a gem refund, I imagine.

As someone who is intimately familiar with 3D modeling… No they do not need to remake it. It’s a finished art asset. The only hurdle at this point is packaging it for the gem store.

Town cloth tonics were a bone-headed move. They should have been skins from the beginning, or at least outfits.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Do you suppose the Devs were mistaken when they stated Town Clothes used a different set-up when created when asked why they could not just be turned into Armor?

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Do you suppose the Devs were mistaken when they stated Town Clothes used a different set-up when created when asked why they could not just be turned into Armor?

Town Clothes could probably have easily been turned into outfits (And several were). However, it can’t be turned into armor for the same reason the different armor weight classes are segregated – different seams.

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Must be an age thing. I certainly do not want them to add a big office awaiting my application.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Must be an age thing. I certainly do not want them to add a big office awaiting my application.

Probably, or people who are into school uniforms for reasons. Those get requested every now and then in a form or another.

Anyway, lorewise it would be odd since we’re not school kids. We’re adults, army commanders and proud members of the Brew of the Month -club!