Maize Balm Nerf

Maize Balm Nerf

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

•Maize Balm now only affects 1 target instead of 3.
•Maize Balm now only has 1 charge rather than 3

TY Anet

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Maize Balm Nerf

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

TY Anet

Sarcasm?

I feel like this is just to make it so that critter farming doesn’t compete with the halloween labrynth. Hopefully it gets reverted after.

Maize Balm Nerf

JediYoda.1275

TY Anet

Sarcasm?

I feel like this is just to make it so that critter farming doesn’t compete with the halloween labrynth. Hopefully it gets reverted after.

Not Sarcasm at all, who knows maybe or maybe not it will get reverted back, time will tell, Just sick of all the qq in map chat from the Maize Balm farmers.

Maize Balm Nerf

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

wouldn’t this just change the price kinda, so not really a nerf, just mean more you can do?

Maize Balm Nerf

Narrrz.7532

TY Anet

Sarcasm?

Not Sarcasm at all, who knows maybe or maybe not it will get reverted back, time will tell, Just sick of all the qq in map chat from the Maize Balm farmers.

Some is from, some is about, but yeah, it certainly does seem to bring out unexpected toxicity. maybe this will be a positive.

Maize Balm Nerf

Posted by: Atharian.7092

Atharian.7092

Can’t just nerf it, gotta completely destroy it. Shame, just wish I sold the rest of mine before the price completely crashed… And lose the attitude please, there is toxicity in every part of the game, that does not make all of us a bunch of jerks.

Maize Balm Nerf

Narrrz.7532

Can’t just nerf it, gotta completely destroy it. Shame, just wish I sold the rest of mine before the price completely crashed… And lose the attitude please, there is toxicity in every part of the game, that does not make all of us a bunch of jerks.

If you’re talking to me, i wasn’t either generalising nor referring specifically to the farmers. a lot of the toxicity seems to be directed towards you guys/us, and i know even the ones who are toxic are not a majority nor representative. Perhaps i could have phrased it better.

Maize Balm Nerf

Posted by: Atharian.7092

Atharian.7092

If you’re talking to me, i wasn’t either generalising nor referring specifically to the farmers. a lot of the toxicity seems to be directed towards you guys/us, and i know even the ones who are toxic are not a majority nor representative. Perhaps i could have phrased it better.

Nah, I don’t mean anyone in particular. As someone who has an interest in threads like this, I typically find them full of people looking down on farmers and all that.

(edited by Atharian.7092)

Maize Balm Nerf

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Excuse me? Oganizing people to do content together is now called QQ? Considering you came to the forums to even post this suggest where a lot of QQ may have come from.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Maize Balm Nerf

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

BTW…. this is going to have serious ramifications for those with the Candy Corn Gobbler year round. This isn’t a nerf, it’s a flat out removal.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Maize Balm Nerf

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

maybe directly but can you not craft maize balm?

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Maize Balm Nerf

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

I’d say about time.

Market is saturated with Halloween mats. IMO was a bad idea to include exclusive hard to get items from ToT only with an awful RNG then try to remedy it by allowing to generate the bags with the Maize Balm without any real sink to the mats.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

Maize Balm Nerf

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

It’s a smart move,

It will decentralize the farming spots, and toxic behaviour found there. It is a bit aggressive though. 1 ambient per toss is fine, but they should have kept the 3 charges.

Maize Balm Nerf

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

TY Anet

Sarcasm?

They won’t, this sounds more like an economic change, and since they didn’t fix the silk scraps for ascended, I doubt they’ll do it for the maize balm.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Maize Balm Nerf

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

Now that we have Balm nerfed, can we nerf TP flipping?
Because ToT was not as harming as TP flipping is.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

Maize Balm Nerf

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

now you Tot farmers know how we key farmer and also the dungeon runners feel…

Maize Balm Nerf

Posted by: XYLUM.7286

XYLUM.7286

AMEN!

TP flipping is the much bigger issue, as the people who do it on a large scale, typically ONLY do that.. they don’t really purchase things or play the game like an average player, they just hoard massive amounts of gold and manipulate the economy.

Everyone else is made to suffer never ending nerfs and tedium to compensate for “inflation” but the GW2 Stock brokers just keep doing their thing immune to any set backs, nerfs, redesigns or “New and Improved” versions…

It’s annoying to those that actually go out and do the content, and EARN the loot… that they are constantly being forced to accept less and less of for their efforts.

It certainly looks like someone plays favorites when it comes to the economy of GW2.

Just one more thing that gets listed in the “Cons” column.

Maize Balm Nerf

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Flippers drive up buy offers (so random players who happen upon a goody get more gold for it) and drive down sell offers (so random players who happen to want a goody can pay less gold for it), all while destroying gold from the economy (fighting currency volume inflation).

How is any of that bad?

Server: Devona’s Rest

Maize Balm Nerf

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I love how when farmers complain about people ruining their farm, they always end up on the losing side and get their profit vehicles nerfed.

Maybe they should stop whining and farm in silence.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Maize Balm Nerf

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Maybe they should stop whining and farm in silence.

That can’t happen when your farm gets in the way other people playing.

Maize Balm Nerf

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Flippers drive up buy offers (so random players who happen upon a goody get more gold for it) and drive down sell offers (so random players who happen to want a goody can pay less gold for it), all while destroying gold from the economy (fighting currency volume inflation).

How is any of that bad?

That perhaps is not. It’s when a cartel (which may be just one player, but can be more) decides to corner a market and drive sell offers out of the known universe that constitutes a problem.

It certainly looks like someone plays favorites when it comes to the economy of GW2.

Suggest a fix that can’t be gamed or easily circumvented. The occasional traps feel satisfying, but don’t really make an incentive for change.

(edited by Sariel V.7024)

Maize Balm Nerf

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

maybe directly but can you not craft maize balm?

You can, but is 100 corn, 5 skulls, and 5 nougats per balm worth the trade off? Debatable.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Maize Balm Nerf

JediYoda.1275

Excuse me? Oganizing people to do content together is now called QQ? Considering you came to the forums to even post this suggest where a lot of QQ may have come from.

I must had hit a nerve lol,

You heard me, The qq’ers isn’t the problem its the toxic players that’s the problem and is one reason why we can have nice things just like Queens Dale champ farm etc.

If human nature didn’t come into play of greed, toxic, elitist attitude etc then we probably wouldn’t have such nerfs.

(edited by JediYoda.1275)