Major TC lag...guesting?

Major TC lag...guesting?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vlawde.1895

Vlawde.1895

Things on Tarnished Coast have been getting laggier and laggier lately. At normal yesterday everyone was complaining, it’s the worse I’ve ever seen. Many of us couldn’t get our heals to fire off or really do much of anything. Per map chat lots of folks are coming to TC to farm dragons etc…no idea why.

If true, then it seems too many people are the cause of the problem. Why is TC so popular that people are all coming here to guest?

Major TC lag...guesting?

Posted by: Sousui.1635

Sousui.1635

All the servers have player caps so you will reach ques before player counts will effect performance. Also guest will see the que before the home server players.

Major TC lag...guesting?

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I doubt guesting would have any actual effect on lag, considering the overflow servers. If too many people get on, they’ll just be thrown into overflow, and I assume the number of people that can be in any given area is set by Anet to combat server lag. It might have some effect, but I doubt it would be as bad as what you’re describing.

As for why TC…. because everyone constantly talks about it. Every time I see a “which server is the best” post (not even just here, other places like GFAQs as well) its a pretty sure bet that TC will be the first one mentioned, or at least one of the first. High population which people are looking for to avoid “dead” zones, and has a reputation for having a friendly population as well. About the only time TC doesn’t get brought up right away is if someone is looking specifically for a WvW server.

Major TC lag...guesting?

Posted by: Shaktidev.5679

Shaktidev.5679

well, I guested today at TC (yes, because I heard it was a great server and there were some guilds I wanted to meet..) and lag in some dungeons made it almost unplayable. It was very weird and annoying.

Major TC lag...guesting?

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

grats, you necro’d an 11 month old thread

Major TC lag...guesting?

Posted by: Shaktidev.5679

Shaktidev.5679

always living in the eternal now