Major rune's from dungeon chests

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RyuuAkari.6589

RyuuAkari.6589

Q:

This game is about 10 months old, and it makes me wonder why Major rune from dungeon are soul bounded. It makes no sense at all to begin with. If there is would it be much better making them account bounded at least. I know most people use them as either as Mystic Forge food or just simply sell them to an NPC, but for those who want to using it as a temporary runes for let say alternative characters it, it’s not possible because their soulbounded to another character (saying main do the dungeon you want the alternative to use the rune) . I know there were a similar post with WvW blueprints and majority of the post I found, said it was some coding issue and this would be addressed sooner or later, if not its done already… However would any arenanet staff explain to me why these decision were made, if not there will be changes to these rune?

Ps. This also apply to runes dropped as superior quality from dungeon. Sample : Superior Rune of Baelfire.

Welcome to the Void! Here we gaze back into the Mist. With Hope. And Desperation.

(edited by RyuuAkari.6589)

Posted by: Torqueblue.1945

Torqueblue.1945

Well, you could just put the runes on a White or Blue Item making Said Item Account bound. Then place the Item in your bank, Grab a Black Lion Salvage kit and remove it with the character you want it for.

Scotch and Pills, what could possibly go wrong? – Max Payne

Posted by: RyuuAkari.6589

RyuuAkari.6589

@Torqueblue You make it sound like this was the only intended way. Of course I do see your points and view, but if we’re going say this is the only way to let A-net gathering money out of our pockets, just because we simply want a rune, I have to disagree on their model design. Its terrible, and most people would then just prefer to level that toon up and get proper runes then bothering with alternative/ temporary runes.

I would like to use the runes that my main has gathered, say Major Rune of Sanctuary on my level 35 Warrior because I find myself in need of sustain. Instead of going the hard way with what you suggested or even spend dungeon tokens which I could use on the proper gear when this toon hit 80, there are no other choice other then using the last one which I mentioned. Unless finding substitute for the actual rune I want to use.

Simply making them account bounded if they so really do need to be would make it all easier, then locking them to one character. Not only for people who want to use them as alternative runes for their lowbies, but also for people forging them in the Mystic Toilet.

Welcome to the Void! Here we gaze back into the Mist. With Hope. And Desperation.