Make Armor Sets for GemStore

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Nobody wants anymore stupid outfits. You can’t mix and match them or do anything fun with them at all.

Please release new individual pieces of armor or full armor sets that we can mix and match.

aka. “The Complainer”

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

There are plenty of people who like outfits.

You’re welcome to dislike them and want armor pieces instead, but it’s just not true that nobody likes them.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

When they were making armour sets for the gem store they got constant complaints that all the new armour was in the gem store and it should be acquired in-game.

So some time ago (around Season 2 I think, certainly before HoT) they announced that the gem store would only have outfits and all new armour sets would be in-game rewards.

Since then they’ve added 4 or 5 armour sets for each weight – the Ornate guild ones, the Bladed and Leystone ones from HoT, the new WvW one and of course the Mistward (aka Revenants) one for heavy armour. There might be others which I’m forgetting.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: wolfer.1587

wolfer.1587

Armor sets take a lot of work to make because they have variance between armor classes and races. Since they take more work, ANet decided that armor sets they make should be available as in-game rewards to be fair to players.

Gem store weapon sets take a lot less time, and doing them takes very little away from development on the game itself. Additionally, if new races is in the future for ANet, making a ton of gem store armor sets will be a big debt to pay back retrofitting them for new races.

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

When they were making armour sets for the gem store they got constant complaints that all the new armour was in the gem store and it should be acquired in-game.

So some time ago (around Season 2 I think, certainly before HoT) they announced that the gem store would only have outfits and all new armour sets would be in-game rewards.

Since then they’ve added 4 or 5 armour sets for each weight – the Ornate guild ones, the Bladed and Leystone ones from HoT, the new WvW one and of course the Mistward (aka Revenants) one for heavy armour. There might be others which I’m forgetting.

Depends if you want to count the Silverwastes set or not. (Luminescent)

Otherwise you got them all

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.