Make Gem Store skins free to apply.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Weylin.6478

Weylin.6478

We can freely change costumes, how about being able to freely apply skins bought from the gem store?

The normal ones you unlock through gameplay and achievements would still cost charges, but those you spend real money on which already amounts to around 9 bucks, should be free, or AT LEAST come bundled with enough charges to outfit a character.

Posted by: yhvh.8703

yhvh.8703

While I don’t think they’ll ever change the way to alter appearance for free (because of shop reasons), I think they should make transmute charges even cheaper or even make them a map completion guarantee reward, separate from the possible Lion Key that you might get.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

OP should understand that previously (pre Wardrobe), you only got ONE application of a Gem Store skin….period. The system has been improved vastly and many old time players are not going to complain about the current system (especially since you can earn free trans charges in a variety of ways).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Avatar Rage.4369

I can help but agree with the OP. We get to freely apply HoM stuff that we earned through the previous game and achivement skins that we unlock in this game through our own effort.

I honestly don’t see why we can apply skins that we have paid real money for at no cost.

I never thought of it until now but it does make sense.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

All skins in the game work the same: you get a free application once and use transmutation charges after. (The sole exception being outfits, for which no-cost transmutation is one of the few pros it has compared to pieces of armor.)

Further, transmutation charges are easily obtained from PvP, login rewards, and map completion. Thus, transmuting is very close to free for the vast majority of players.

So not only is the system much better than the one we had at launch, I think it’s extremely fair in its current state.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

All skins in the game work the same: you get a free application once and use transmutation charges after. (The sole exception being outfits, for which no-cost transmutation is one of the few pros it has compared to pieces of armor.)

Further, transmutation charges are easily obtained from PvP, login rewards, and map completion. Thus, transmuting is very close to free for the vast majority of players.

So not only is the system much better than the one we had at launch, I think it’s extremely fair in its current state.

Not quite true…as mentioned before HoM skins and Achievement Skins cost nothing to use as many times as you like.

I’m on the fence on this, as I have never come close to being out of charges, but maybe I don’t change things around as often as others do. I see points on both sides.

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t