Make Gold Un-tradeable, stop hackers/sellers

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

As the title states, here me out. Sorry if this is too long, a TL/DR version, skip the first 3 paragraphs.

Now I understand this might be a popular idea, and I also understand it’s probably a vehemently hated idea. I also don’t believe this was Anet’s initial vision when Gw2 was created.. the “play how you want to play” focus. Sometimes things, IMO, are essential to both game longevity, economy stabilization, account security, and overall play experience.

An example, D3; I don’t believe Blizzard’s vision was to have a game where gold couldn’t be traded, but alas, that’s the road they took. When they had a system in game where players can financially benefit, what better reason to hack someones account or bot?

Now I admire Anet’s vigilance in keeping up with the banning of botters as I rarely have seen any since I started playing over a year ago, but in light of recent activities, people are still vulnerable despite having taken the maximum amount of precautions. Now given Anet’s 1 account restore rule, it really works in favor of the hackers because you ban someone, they hack someone else to start again. Aka, you ban a gold botter account, they now hack a legit player and start again; legit player left screwed.

The way I see it, what a better way to discourage a hacker/botter than to take away their very reason to commit such activities in the first place; stop gold from being traded. It can still be used on the trading post to purchase, but as far as trading from one person to another, IMO, that should be stopped. I know this has advantages and also disadvantages, but I think there is a workout for the negative aspects.

I think some rules would need to come into play to make it work (which I think would also help/stop item flippers on the trading post).

1. Make gold un-tradeable from 1 player to another, it can still be used for the trading post and in-game purchases

2. All items traded on the trading post exchanged from player to player become bound to their account (sorry flippers). This includes everything: Weapons, Armor, Materials, consumables, siege, etc. I craft something, sell it on the TP, whatever the buyer bought, it’s now bound to their account. I mine a stack of platinum, mail it to another player, if they accept it, that stack of platinum is bound to their account. Anything they craft with their account bound mats, becomes account bound itself. Crafting the platinum to make darksteel, you guess it account bound. The account bound darksteel used to forge whatever item, account bound as well.

3. Account bound items can still be salvaged, but the mats themselves will still be account bound and cannot be sold. Items that are not account bound and salvaged, can have their mats sold.

Seems like a good way to ensure a healthy/stable economy, as well as, protect people from being hacked. Why hack when there is literally nothing you can do to benefit from it?

The negatives?

Possibly Guild banks…

Guild leader and whomever they appoint can access the banks gold and items. The gold in the guild bank, basically acts like a bank account for the Trading post. For example, the guild bank has 1000g; when either the guild leader or those they appointed access the bank, there is an option to click on the trading post. They now see they have 1000g available to make purchases off the TP (siege and consumables). These of course become account bound, but who cares, who else is usually going to drop siege and food on the battle field than your commanders?

If the guild leader or people appointed are hacked, what can the hacker do? Anything they purchase off the TP is account bound, so they can’t do anything with it. They can’t pillage the gold, as it’s un-tradeable. At worse, they might be able to salvage some exotics and mail the mats to their account, which of course is completely useless. Even if the hacker is malicious and wants to destroy/salvage everything, why can’t Anet just restore the account? The economy isn’t affected due to un-tradeable gold, as well as, all items and mats becoming account bound (can’t double up your items on a rollback if you give them to your buddy to hold. I believe Anet’s current 1 account restore rule is due to how it affects the economy.. well, problem solved.

What are other’s thoughts on this? I’m also curious if Anet has ever thought about making gold un-tradeable so to speak, which would probably make their lives infinitely easier.

(edited by DeadlySynz.3471)

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

There’s already far too much account bound garbage going on as it stands.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

In exchange for making life very inconvenient for all normal players, all a gold seller has to do is buy the buyer’s 400g trading post listing. Gold is exchanged, seller is mildly bothered, everybody else has to deal with this headache for all time.

Posted by: SyllyReth.2495

SyllyReth.2495

^ There needs to be less account-bound stuff, not more, and purchasing junk items in the TP to transfer the gold is a trick as old as MMOs. Agree with above…. Increased headache for everyone without really fixing anything.

Unbridled Dynasty [UND]

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

^ Way too easy to get around. Sending expensive mats, exotics, precursors, etc… by email is possible if gold is not.

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

Also, many of us have friends who come into the game and, at least for me, I try to give them a few gold to get them started. Not a big deal for me but it is really nice for that new player, given the scarcity of gold at lower levels. I see this a lot with other guild members as well.

Posted by: Ben.2685

Ben.2685

So to stop minor nuisances, one easily resolved through having proper account security, and the other easily reported and hardly constituting a dramatic effect (also lessened through proper account security), you’d cripple the trading post, stop players from helping others and aggravate a bunch of people with more useless account bound items? Guessing you’d suggest putting price brackets around items to stop gold transfer through that means, annoying even more! If you’d annoy far more than you impress, why bother? You yourself said that you rarely see botters, and gold seller whispers aren’t overly abundant or bothersome.

Posted by: Exquisitor.5076

Exquisitor.5076

In exchange for making life very inconvenient for all normal players, all a gold seller has to do is buy the buyer’s 400g trading post listing. Gold is exchanged, seller is mildly bothered, everybody else has to deal with this headache for all time.

This. Not sure gold sellers really do much damage, it’s their spamming that’s the nuisance.

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Bad idea about the gold, but they DO need to do something and SOON. I got spammed with 10 Gold Whisperers in the span of 20 minutes when I entered Gendarran Fields. All duly blocked, then reported. But I finally had to leave the zone and set my presence to “Invisible”. I just couldn’t play with all that nonsense. When’s the next “crackdown” when they report they’ve suspended thousands of accounts for selling gold? A pox on you, MegaServer.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Bad idea about the gold, but they DO need to do something and SOON. I got spammed with 10 Gold Whisperers in the span of 20 minutes when I entered Gendarran Fields. All duly blocked, then reported. But I finally had to leave the zone and set my presence to “Invisible”. I just couldn’t play with all that nonsense. When’s the next “crackdown” when they report they’ve suspended thousands of accounts for selling gold? A pox on you, MegaServer.

Instead of setting yourself to invisible, you can make a new chatbox and uncheck /whisper.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Lyssan.3768

Lyssan.3768

Uhm, no, and hell yes, in that specific order. I do agree that the hackers and gold sellers should not be able to ply their trade. However, people with multiple accounts would not be able to send an excess of gold from 1 account to another if you totally blocked it.

Posted by: Lyssan.3768

Lyssan.3768

I think some rules would need to come into play to make it work (which I think would also help/stop item flippers on the trading post).

1. Make gold un-tradeable from 1 player to another, it can still be used for the trading post and in-game purchases

2. All items traded on the trading post exchanged from player to player become bound to their account (sorry flippers). This includes everything: Weapons, Armor, Materials, consumables, siege, etc. I craft something, sell it on the TP, whatever the buyer bought, it’s now bound to their account. I mine a stack of platinum, mail it to another player, if they accept it, that stack of platinum is bound to their account. Anything they craft with their account bound mats, becomes account bound itself. Crafting the platinum to make darksteel, you guess it account bound. The account bound darksteel used to forge whatever item, account bound as well.

3. Account bound items can still be salvaged, but the mats themselves will still be account bound and cannot be sold. Items that are not account bound and salvaged, can have their mats sold.

Seems like a good way to ensure a healthy/stable economy, as well as, protect people from being hacked. Why hack when there is literally nothing you can do to benefit from it?

The negatives?

Possibly Guild banks…

Guild leader and whomever they appoint can access the banks gold and items. The gold in the guild bank, basically acts like a bank account for the Trading post. For example, the guild bank has 1000g; when either the guild leader or those they appointed access the bank, there is an option to click on the trading post. They now see they have 1000g available to make purchases off the TP (siege and consumables). These of course become account bound, but who cares, who else is usually going to drop siege and food on the battle field than your commanders?

If the guild leader or people appointed are hacked, what can the hacker do? Anything they purchase off the TP is account bound, so they can’t do anything with it. They can’t pillage the gold, as it’s un-tradeable. At worse, they might be able to salvage some exotics and mail the mats to their account, which of course is completely useless. Even if the hacker is malicious and wants to destroy/salvage everything, why can’t Anet just restore the account? The economy isn’t affected due to un-tradeable gold, as well as, all items and mats becoming account bound (can’t double up your items on a rollback if you give them to your buddy to hold. I believe Anet’s current 1 account restore rule is due to how it affects the economy.. well, problem solved.

What are other’s thoughts on this? I’m also curious if Anet has ever thought about making gold un-tradeable so to speak, which would probably make their lives infinitely easier.

Felt my no and yes response needed more depth after I more carefully read the rest of your post.

There is nothing wrong with people making money flipping items. Mats becoming account bound if bought/sold between players, you now would have to add almost another entire acct worth of storage to differentiate between gathered (tradeable according to you, I believe) mats and B/S mats.

Hackers, still leaves that avenue wide open, as now instead of trying to make money, they can now act all kittened off at Anet for doing this and hack even more legit accounts and potentially overload their acct with unsellable/untradeable items/mats/etc.

Guild bank, even more so an issue with this, just imagine someone gets kicked from a guild, but somehow gets the idea they want to get even with the guild. It would take more work to do, but they would still possibly have a list of the members of the guild, and could possibly hack even more accounts and kitten with the guild bank that way.

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Well as I said, if you really want to truly get rid of the gold spammers/sellers and hackers, you take the very reason they have to do any of the above, simply make gold un-tradeable.

I understand my post might be a bit long and some parts skipped, but I specifically addressed the trading post issues that would completely eliminate the “age old” MMORPG. I see many of you skipped over those parts.

A shorter version:

Anything and everything bought off the trading post becomes account bound. Exotics, junk items, siege, consumables, whatever the case may be, you buy it off the TP, it’s yours. It cannot be flipped, and if the item is broken down into mats, those mats become account bound as well.

On the flip side, if you directly e-mail any of the above items to another account, they become account bound and cannot be sold. Basically when an item switches from one account to another, it can no longer be traded.. basically 1 time trade only rule, except gold cannot be traded at all.

The only difference with this suggestion than what we have now? We can freely buy/sell and flip mats for gold on the TP. The other, items now become account bound upon purchase instead of soul-bound upon equipping.

NonToxic " all a gold seller has to do is buy the buyer’s 400g trading post listing. Gold is exchanged, seller is mildly bothered, everybody else has to deal with this headache for all time."

Remember this couldn’t happen. Once the listing was purchased by the hacker, those items now become account bound and completely useless. The best they could do is break them down for mats to use on their own account as the mats themselves could not be sold either.

SyllyReth “and purchasing junk items in the TP to transfer the gold is a trick as old as MMOs.”

Again, Remember any items purchased off the TP become account bound, they cannot be sold again for gold or broken down into mats to sell either.

AstralProjections “Way too easy to get around. Sending expensive mats, exotics, precursors, etc… by email is possible if gold is not.”

Again, I outlined in the initial post any items exchanged by e-mail are account bound as well, thus completely useless to the receiver if their intention is to make profit.

Who does it really effect?

Hackers – Most definitely, no gain in hacking any longer

Gold botters – They can’t sell their gold, so they are in essence gone

WvW’ers – Hardly, they buy consumables, and all armor they buy is either soulbound because they use it or account bound as they have ascended.

PvPers – Im not one, but as far as I know, when you equip an armor/weapon piece it soulbinds so it makes no difference, they can’t freely flip stuff so it doesn’t affect them

PvE’ers – Unless they are TP flippers, it shouldn’t affect them at all. I imagine most of what they buy off the TP, they use, so no issue here

Dungeon Runners – I don’t play dungeons, but my understanding is you can’t list anything on the TP purchased with dungeon tokens.. correct? No issue here

People that give gold to friends – Perhaps, but gold isn’t hard to come by in this game, very easy to make what you need through regular game play

Unless I’m missing something there, the only people this truly affects are your gold botters/spammers, and hackers.

Edit – I should also mention, it shouldn’t be any skin of Anet’s backs now to restore/recover accounts because the economy issue will no longer be a problem. That way if a malicious hacker just wanted to reak havoc on your account and sell/destroy everything, well, no harm no foul, account can be restored without harming the economy.

(edited by DeadlySynz.3471)

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

NonToxic " all a gold seller has to do is buy the buyer’s 400g trading post listing. Gold is exchanged, seller is mildly bothered, everybody else has to deal with this headache for all time."

Remember this couldn’t happen. Once the listing was purchased by the hacker, those items now become account bound and completely useless. The best they could do is break them down for mats to use on their own account as the mats themselves could not be sold either.

The seller doesn’t care about buying his junk item, it is nothing compared to the $50 he just banked from the buyer. You missed my point, which is that as long as ANY trading is available there is a way to transfer gold.

This is how some people make their living, they are infinitely creative at it.

(edited by NonToxic.9185)

Posted by: SyllyReth.2495

SyllyReth.2495

It doesn’t matter to the gold seller if they buy an item or mat that is then account bound. Put up 1 copper ore for 400g and it’s a junk item the gold seller can destroy/stack and continue to sell gold. This happens in MS all the time. Making items account bound on sale isn’t going to stop that trade. The only way your proposal would work in getting rid of gold sellers it to completely do away with the TP and make every item account/soul bound no matter how it was acquired.

Unbridled Dynasty [UND]

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Literally a terrible idea. This would cause quite a bit of harm if implemented.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

So I make a recipie for some lvl 15 tray and have the only copy on the tp.

I trade it to buyer. I post WTB for 1000g. He sells me the recipie and I charge extra for the 15%.

See an issue??

Or I just mail the dude a pre…

Ranger | Elementalist

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

terrible ideas. all of them. irrational and illogical.
reported as trolling.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Wait so anything bought from tp is account bound? And items crafted with mats bought from the tp are account bound? So if I was working on leveling up a craft, I couldn’t buy mats from the tp. Why? Because the items crafted are not sellable on the tp, or salvageable because you cant salvage account bound items. Cant sell them to a vendor either. Mystic toilet? Possibly, but not likely. Then the only other option is to destroy it. Yeah no thank you, ill keep a secure password and change it every so often and continue to block and report any gold seller/bots thank you very much.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

Everyone should work for themselves and not take things ready for them, which means everything should be account bound. Trading post should be disabled and only gem store active. Emails can only send messages not items.
If you want to craft something you need to gather materials yourself not just simply buy them form TP.
You want better armors, play and get them from drops not buy it straight from TP.
and so on
This whole game economy is shady business and is to blame for all accounts compromises and only one time roll back while it is at A-nets programmers if they add or remove one 0 from the prices not player interactions anyway.

(edited by Ronah.2869)

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

This is a horrible idea.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: gianz.2513

gianz.2513

if this happens gw2 will die.

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

Yeah this will never happen. All that happens if you do this is people start trading something else as standard currency. People will sell ectos or dyes instead.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

OP your solution hinders the majority of the player base in an effort to minimize a small annoyance, “Gold sell spam”. I’d rather block and report a few times a day as opposed to the restrictions you suggest.

The Burninator

Posted by: megakittytron.5971

megakittytron.5971

By Ogden’s Hammer! This has to be the worst idea I have ever seen on these forums! I don’t even know where to begin with those crazy suggestions >.< faints As others have said, just block and move on. I’d rather that than the ideas you propose.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Since there is already a tool in game for dealing with gold sellers, I don’t think we need one that would hinder a lot of legitimate trading. I’d rather endure the occasional gold email that I can report, trash and forget than see people complaining that they can’t send gold or items to their family/friends.

I wonder if there’s not an ulterior motive here, revealed in the comment about TP flippers…

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

if this happens gw2 will die.

Ok….no need to exaggerate. It will make passing around wealth inconvenient, but everyone would survive. The problem with the idea is that it fixes nothing…..just becomes inconvenient to pass around wealth (so there is absolutely NO reason to seriously consider it).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

That is nearly as good as to say : shut down the server to make it harder for goldsellers.

Or like : remove the graphics from the game, just make it a black screen since i was annoyed by span 3 times in 6 months.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Well, it worked in Diablo III.

I haven’t got a single gold selling spam since they released RoS. They could have kept going with their spam trying to scam to pay, but they did not, because gold sellers work with the premise of making you feel like it works, so you spread the word, by letting you have some gold first before trying to steal your account to use for bots.

It’ll only affect those trading without using the TP, and thus bypassing the gold sink taxes, and the rare and occasional case of someone wanting to give some coins to a friends to get them started.

For the first case it should not happen. Those can just use a barter method and trade items.

For the second, you could always give them some materials so they sell them, or help them in some quick dungeons.

What other reason could there be to trade gold?

There can’t be any gold sellers at all if gold can’t be traded, and the change can always be reverted. So what’s the harm in trying?

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

There’s already far too much account bound garbage going on as it stands.

Just get rid of account/soul bound on every single item in the game and that’ll fix the problem.

Posted by: arjeidi.2690

arjeidi.2690

I’m all for getting rid of flippers but not being able to give my brother or gf some gold to buy something? Nope, not signed.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I had a helping hand in having a system similar to this implemented in Runescape *(see below) a number of years ago for exactly these reasons as you have stated. Scamming, stolen accounts, botting etc etc.

Sadly it did not work too well (well so I gather) because they shortly removed the system and things went back to how they were. But I think this was mainly done because of how very unpopular these changes were with the masses.

IMO a system like this would not work here either (pretty much due to the same reasons, the masses would not like it) and tbh is really not needed. Anet really does handle the problem with bots and other baddies pretty well from what I have seen so far. Fingers crossed I have just not jinxed that now tho lol.

*Finally they brought into the game their version of the TP for players to trade more safely. The devs set value on every item so you could only do fair/legit trades and not for example give FREELY any cash/item amount to another without a fair exchange in return in the trade system). Pvping all changed, no longer could you kill other players and take their exact armours/weps etc as loot – again another very, very unpopular change with the pking masses.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

No thank you, I’m against such restriction.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

This wouldn’t hinder gold sellers at all, but it would significantly hinder honest players.

Terrible idea.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

Posted by: linuxotaku.4731

linuxotaku.4731

Everyone should work for themselves and not take things ready for them, which means everything should be account bound. Trading post should be disabled and only gem store active. Emails can only send messages not items.
If you want to craft something you need to gather materials yourself not just simply buy them form TP.
You want better armors, play and get them from drops not buy it straight from TP.
and so on
This whole game economy is shady business and is to blame for all accounts compromises and only one time roll back while it is at A-nets programmers if they add or remove one 0 from the prices not player interactions anyway.

I would not be interested in playing the game that you’ve described, and I would either never have started, or I would have spent much less cash on it before losing interest. Can’t speak for others, but the idea of making almost everything account-bound sounds like it doesn’t solve any actual problems, and creates a host of new ones.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Cheats/gold sellers just move onto other ways to cheat/earn cash in game even when such ideas like this are done and look good on paper. They would go to extreme lengths such as to make accounts, max their levels and earn say 500-1k gold on the account (prob via botting or other ways) and then sell those accounts. For even more cash they would earn legendaries on the accounts and sell for even more.

Of course you know what would happen next wouldn’t you? They would reclaim the account and sell to another moron. Same ole same ole just repeating itself in another manner. Again, all this happened in that other game I mentioned earlier…

Anet does need to start to work on these problems, but in ways that do not ruin the game totally and are acceptable and good for us. For example the first thing they need to do is give us more chat options. Let us filter whispers to just friends etc. This feature has been there pretty much since the start in that other game and works 100%. If somehow these sellers start to get on your friends list you need to pay more attention to who your real “friends” are and be more cautious as to who you actually add to this list. It’s all common sense really.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Posted by: Ankushp.7245

Ankushp.7245

Nooo Way!! We regularly play mini games / Lotteries in my guild (MYTH – Jade Quarry) where prizes include small to medium amounts of gold. It is a wonderful way to have fun as a guild. Lets not do anything to ruin that.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

It’s seems these gold sellers have bypassed security measures that were remarkably good for the greater part of a year. The gold sellers are as bad as the first 3-4 months of the game. I have not seen as many bots, but I don’t PvE as much as I used to. Heck, there was gold seller spam on the EU ToL this last weekend. It’s rampant.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

It’s seems these gold sellers have bypassed security measures that were remarkably good for the greater part of a year. The gold sellers are as bad as the first 3-4 months of the game. I have not seen as many bots, but I don’t PvE as much as I used to. Heck, there was gold seller spam on the EU ToL this last weekend. It’s rampant.

The “bypass” is that many people used the same password for everything, got their password stolen from some other site as a result of the heartbleed bug, and subsequently had their accounts stolen because they violated rule #2 of using the internet. Those stolen accounts are now being liquidated and used to spam gold seller whispers.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

/no thank you

All I have to say to that….

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Pay no attention to the nay-sayers OP. I had this same kind of reaction from my family recently when they didn’t see my genius and the depth of care I have to keep annoyances out of their lives.

You see, since it has started to get warmer this year, we have had a few mice that have made their way into our home. They squeak sometimes which is very irritating. My wife suggested that we get some mouse traps or hire an exterminator to easily take care of the inconvenience. The problem is that this will take a chunk out of my gem store purchases and mouse traps are just icky.

After a lot of thought and consideration, I have decided to just burn our home down in order to put on end to these pests forever. My family disagrees and believes this is worse than the mice, but they’re just jelly because I thought of it first. They don’t see my intellectualism and my concern for their well-being.

Keep on keepin on OP.

#WorstIdeaEverAward2014

Posted by: bob.5680

bob.5680

I feel that the cure proposed by the OP is far worse than the disease.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Tman: Seems legit. I might have to do it to get rid of the spiders in my place.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I don’t condone this. It will make life very hard for a gw2 player.

Something has to be done about the spam messages though. Hard measures against pvpbank maybe? I don’t have a problem with gold selling websites in general, but the spam seems to be only coming from pvpbank. And the messages are horribly long to make sure they cover the entire chatbox. I got 5(!) messages from pvpbank yesterday within 5 seconds (I’m being totally serious). This has got to stop.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom