Make Legendaries Great Again 2016

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CrusaderMichael.9245

CrusaderMichael.9245

Yes I said that.

Anyway, Legendary items are basically ascended item skins. It’s disheartening to think about.

You can grind for months and months to scrounge gold and materials for a Legendary Kudzu for example, yet in the end it does exactly the same damage, as an Ascended longbow.

Months of grinding away just to say, “look how legendarily pretty this might as well be an ascended longbow looks called Kudzu… it’s so pretty it had to be called legendary”.

Can you ANET people please make legendaries, actually ‘hit’ in a legendary way? Give them some function beyond “you can change stats blink of an eye, how legendary” ?

A legendary item, seems to me, should hit harder or at least do something to the enemy besides say, “legendarily sprout flowers on your enemy’s head”… or, “legendarily sprout flowers wherever you step”… or the best… “that bow looks so pretty it’s LEGENDARY”.

Even just a little bit tougher… a little bit harder hitting… some new power… anything ?

Anything other than, nothing.

Don’t get me wrong I love my Kudzu. Looks awesome up close, but to spend so much time on a legendary item, just to have it be a prettier version of an ascended weapon, is sort of, NOT very legendary.

I actually got my Kudzu months ago, but did my grinding without even reading what legendary items do. I knew it was the best longbow in game so I got it. It was a pretty big disappointment learning it, was just pretty. Nothing more to even talk about.

That’s a lot of time to spend in a game, in a hyper inflation GW2 economy, where my Nevermore I’m creating costs about twice what it would have 6 months ago (judging from guides posted then VS economy now, though we do earn somewhat more as well, but not that much more, not even close).

All for in essence, a skin.

Please make legendary items be distinguished in power, from easy to come by ascended gear.

Please help to Make Legendaries Great Again 2016

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

No, Anet will never add power to legendary. Do you know how much of an uproar that will cause to our community? It will destroy this game.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

No

/15 characters

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Make Even More People Leave the Game Again 2016

No. If people want to grind like hell for more power then they can pick up literally any other MMO out there.

It’s already bad enough that Legendary gear is future proofed against any new powercreep stat sets which will almost assuredly be coming in the next xpack.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

No. Posts like these could make one think there should be a -1 button under the +1 button.

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

No extra dmg. But what I would like to see is an ability to add sigils into the a legendary weapon and then be able to choose which sigils you want to run depending on the situation, similarly to how you can choose stats on a legendary weapon.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

no thank you. Dont craft at all so there is little chance for me to get a legendary, being doing fractals every day since the newest patch and always always hope to get asc weapon. Would be disheartening to know legendary have extra power

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Going to go with: no!

Korean item grinders are → way. Those seem to be more what you are looking for TC.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

You seemed to miss the memo that said legendaries were to be at the same power level as the rarity below them, so in this case ascended.

Posted by: Ryouzanpaku.1273

Ryouzanpaku.1273

No xtra damage – it would be way to hell.
But each stat on legendary should have separate sigil slot(s). It would be only fair.

(Also Eternity should have 2 sets of the slots – one for day and one for night).

Player plays the game. MetaKitten plays the DPS meter on the golem.

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

First off: Starting with “Make X great again” just gets me go head to desk instantly.

Secondly: They are prestige items. Their special is the ability to change stats without any costs (which can be quite a lot if you do it constantly) and their unique skins, effects and the journey (you undergo, if you craft it yourself completly)

Almost no other item has this.
So my answer to you is the same I would give to your inspiration for your title. A big fat NO

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

No

Legendaries are unique skins. Not to grant the upper hand to those that have too much time, money, or access to mommy’s credit card. End of discussion. Also, slipping your political beliefs into a thread about the aforementioned having too much time, money, or access to mommy’s money, is repulsive.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Making-legendarys-great-again-TBC

Less than a month ago, with the same slogan. I’ll be looking for a third thread in the future to see if this becomes a pattern.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

It’s a fancy weapon skin with footfalls. You can change stats anytime you want.

Nothing more to see or do here…move along…move along.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Posted by: Chingiz.9167

Chingiz.9167

Uuh, yeah. No. This is not World of Warcraft.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

No.

For a lot of players its already enough of a grind to get their ascended sets. And ANet has previously said they want to avoid turning this into yet another MMO where you constantly have to grind for more powerful gear. Buffing Legendary items would do nothing but convince players that they would have to grind for them. And it really wouldn’t be that much longer after that before the latest endgame content would start being designed around players having at least 1 legendary equip due to the added stats. This would drive a huge amount of people away from teh game

Posted by: CrusaderMichael.9245

CrusaderMichael.9245

Summing up my responses in this post.

I already know ANET had reasons for doing what they have done with legendary power equaling ascended weaponry. I can think of lots of good reasons myself, not discussed here; however, it will always be a flawed decision to me regardless, no matter how many people think Legendary = Ascended skins, is something a majority of people would prefer grinding for.

Designing legendary power around the common ascended weaponry, makes legendaries as many of you have agreed with (but seem to like), skins.

If you think people would leave the game because legendaries have +5 stats per 1 hand use over the next tier of weaponry under them, instead of +0 as it is now over ascended gear, I simply beg to differ.

People who put the time into crafting/buying a legendary, earned it. If all you want to do is use common ascended drop, or crafted ascended, fine. You deserve nothing more in terms of power.

But I guarantee the daunting task of scrounging gold and material for a simple skin, being what a legendary truly is, will have seemed so pointless to so many people, many of them will have left the game already in search for a grind result with actual kick beyond what you can get from easy to come by ascended gear. Albeit prettier.

I for one will not leave, but I will never, ever, ever… be lured into saving up for a legendary, aka skin, again.

Only finish this Nevermore because I’m mostly done already.

This whole topic just fully dawned on me a few days ago when I found myself laughing at the prices of some skins and what people pay for them, only to realize i paid even more for my skin… Kudzu.

No more.

We should have power in accordance to what we put the effort into getting. Not nerfed power to appease the people not willing to flip the bill.

AKA, ascended weapon users.

No flame topic here. Just stated my thoughts and moving on from this post.

Posted by: Sphinx.8014

Sphinx.8014

I really don’t care a bit about you creating legendaries or not. Maybe you should have informed yourself before spending 3k gold. That’s really your own fault. This game is called fashion wars for a reason.

Besides: please post this thread in the WvW section, I’m just so very curious how your campaign is received there… 0:)

(edited by Sphinx.8014)

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

People who put the time into crafting/buying a legendary, earned it. If all you want to do is use common ascended drop, or crafted ascended, fine. You deserve nothing more in terms of power.

Correct, well unless they bought them off the TP with gold gained through $$$ where they did gain the legendary but outside of the game.

Not one person in this thread has said otherwise so far. Good of you to point this out again for clarification.

But I guarantee the daunting task of scrounging gold and material for a simple skin, being what a legendary truly is, will have seemed so pointless to so many people, many of them will have left the game already in search for a grind result with actual kick beyond what you can get from easy to come by ascended gear. Albeit prettier.

I for one will not leave, but I will never, ever, ever… be lured into saving up for a legendary, aka skin, again.

Legendaries are longterm projects for most people who undertake them. While working towards them you get to read up quite often on their properties. People who decide to build one (or multiple) know what they get.

Not sure how you got lured in, unless you literally spent $$$ on gems->gold and never bother to read up on what you are actually building/buying.

That or you figured you’d finish the legendary, then ask for it to get buffed stat wise.

This whole topic just fully dawned on me a few days ago when I found myself laughing at the prices of some skins and what people pay for them, only to realize i paid even more for my skin… Kudzu.

No more.

We should have power in accordance to what we put the effort into getting. Not nerfed power to appease the people not willing to flip the bill.

AKA, ascended weapon users.

No flame topic here. Just stated my thoughts and moving on from this post.

As is your right. Seems a majority here disagrees, myself included (crafted 4 legendarys so far, 2x Twilight, 1x Sunrise and 1x Ad Infinitum).

Posted by: Ranlares.2513

Ranlares.2513

I agree, and disagree. I think it would be awesome if you save sigils into legendary weapons and swap them out on the fly. Some sigils don’t work as well with other stat sets, so if you can change the stat set, let me change the sigil. That is the only change I would make though, and I get why they don’t

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

No. Posts like these could make one think there should be a -1 button under the +1 button.

+1 for this!

And on topic. No. Just NO.

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

Make Even More People Leave the Game Again 2016

This

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

+1 for this!

And on topic. No. Just NO.

Um, is that +1 for -1 ???

Anyhow, I’ve read this thread and I’ll just continue to use the ascended staff that I got for free from some chest somewhere sometime. I think I did swap the stats once.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Another Idea for the trash can.

So no.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|