Make Map Unlock Account Wide

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Super Hayes.6890

Super Hayes.6890

I would like the option to unlock one waypoint per map account wide after the first character on the account map completes so that when I create a new character I have access to every map. This option would remove the ability to get map complete rewards for the character that uses it. As a player with limited time this would be a huge quality of life boost. I am curious how you guys think this could be implemented without causing issues for current game veterans or, rather, if you believe there is a fair way to add this to the game.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

What happens then if you decide to craft a Legendary and you can’t because you no longer can get the Gift of Exploration?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

The perfect solution will be to remove gift of exploration from map completion and put it somewhere else.

There should be more things Account Wide:

-Map
-Story
-Tools

Super Hayes.6890

Good point about the legendary. Perhaps make it an option per character?

Just a flesh wound.3589

How about a suggestion I’ve seen.

Players do map completion and get the 2 Gifts of Exploration. They can either use the Gift of Exploration to craft a Legendary or can use the Gifts to open up map completion on one or two alts. If they want they can use a different char to do map completion, get two more Gifts to use for crafting or to open up maps for two more alts.

ANet may give it to you.

Super Hayes.6890

That is amazing. I really like that idea. If possible can you direct me to the thread it was suggested on? It’s cool if you don’t remember.

I crafted the only legendary I want (Bolt) and still have that extra GoE sitting in my bank. That would give the option without cheapening map completion.

Just a flesh wound.3589

No. Don’t remember the thread it originally came from, been a while. It’s been suggested a few times now that someone thought of it and seems fair enough. You still have to map complete at least one time and one char can open up the maps for two alts if desired. It also doesn’t lock players out of future Legendary crafting as they can always put one gift aside or create a char just for map completion.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I do like that idea JaFW.

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

How am I supposed to level my alts if I have everything unlocked? Having to explore once more the maps ,for me , is one of the best things about creating alts.

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

Super Hayes.6890

Not everything Nury. Just one waypoint per map.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

How am I supposed to level my alts if I have everything unlocked? Having to explore once more the maps ,for me , is one of the best things about creating alts.

I am not sure that I understand the question. Why would you use an optional WP unlock system if you prefer otherwise?

Posted by: Rhanoa.3960

Rhanoa.3960

Another “Make it convenient for me”!

There is and has always been a “Suggestion” Thread to make your claim.

MMORPG’s are not easy, you’re just too PRO!!!

Super Hayes.6890

Sorry Rhanoa. I didn’t make this post to upset you. I am curious about a possible way that something like this can be implemented. Your ideas are welcome. Being my first post I don’t appreciate you “Suggestion” thread comment. Kindly point me in the direction of it but drop the hostility. Wow, you could have posted that thought with so much less venom!

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

How necessary is this even?
We have teleport to friend consumables that literally let to teleport to a friend (Or helpful PUG) in any location that your account has access too.
As well as the living story scrolls/tome for all the living story season 3 maps.
As well as the level 80 boost unlocking some waypoints in max level maps.
As well as Asura gates to each main city,
And then guild halls that put you in various locations of HoT

Not to mention mounts and gliders.

It shouldn’t take you more than an hour to get a waypoint unlocked in each area.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Super Hayes.6890

It’s not necessary. Just a quality of life convenience. I currently use the teleport to friend stones on maps I want to open up quickly. Those items are wonderful for my purposes. The level 80 boost is too expensive for me to justify on my budget but it is nice that it opens some waypoints.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I understood it’s just a QoL option. I was wondering how much of a need it is, as I think it most likely would be a gemstore item I think.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik