Make Minor Runes Junk

Make Minor Runes Junk

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Merryweather.2381

Merryweather.2381

Greetings.

I’m tired of having my bags filled with useless staff when salvaging, among which are minor sigils and runes. Mark them as junk so we can get rid of them easily. Ofc it might hurt your “additional bag slot” sales but hey the customer is king.

Skritt, I’m hit!
Minds, words & deeds
I’m an army of one!

Make Minor Runes Junk

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

The problem is that the definition of “junk” says that this item can not be used for anything else than selling it to an NPC vendor. Minor runes and sigills don’t fulfill these criteria.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Make Minor Runes Junk

Posted by: Skittish.4539

Skittish.4539

You say this now but just you wait. Down the road you’ll have the option to trade a bajillion minor runes for an entire set of Legendary armor and then what will you do? You’ll be begging for more minor runes, that’s what.

Make Minor Runes Junk

Posted by: maxwelgm.4315

maxwelgm.4315

Honestly I’d buy a very specialized salvage kit which never yielded runes and sigils from stuff (of course the standard kit would be there to salvage rares and exotics). I’d rather lose all the 10’s and 20’s of copper than spend a half hour every other hour piling up this stuff and selling it /mystic forging it.

Make Minor Runes Junk

Posted by: Merryweather.2381

Merryweather.2381

Well, there got to be a solution to stop them from polluting our bags with useless crap. Keep posting to this thread if u have any.

Skritt, I’m hit!
Minds, words & deeds
I’m an army of one!

Make Minor Runes Junk

Posted by: Gammler.2601

Gammler.2601

Well, I have a solution. You might not like it, but it’s saved me a ton of trouble on plenty of meta runs or SW chest farms:
Mystic Forge Conduit
You can buy all the ingredients (even the Mystic Coins) on the TP. If you feel like gambling, each component can be found if you get an Unidentifiable Goo-Covered Object from a Destabilized Ectoplasm (any of them). Sure, this isn’t an ideal or cheap solution, but it IS a solution. Just might not be the one you wanted.

Make Minor Runes Junk

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

yes pls

or give us an option to make the infinite salvage tools get a chance of 0% to salvage upgrades

if there is an important upgrade to salvage any sane person would never use anything else but black lion salvage kit
on the infinite salvage kits though this is nothing but annoyance (and everyone i asked personally agrees on this)

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Make Minor Runes Junk

Posted by: dekou.6012

dekou.6012

Well, I have a solution. You might not like it, but it’s saved me a ton of trouble on plenty of meta runs or SW chest farms:
Mystic Forge Conduit

It’s not really a solution, since putting all those runes in the MF isn’t any easier than, for example, destroying them.

Make Minor Runes Junk

Posted by: Cirian.8917

Cirian.8917

ArenaNet could alter the way salvage kits work, so that only the yellow and gold kits remove upgrades (runes and sigils). The copper-fed in particular churns out a lot of junk green runes that I’d rather it didn’t, like others here.

Instead, the “grey”, white, blue and green kits could just give better chances for rarer materials (which actually means the next tier up of material, like linen instead of cotton). They do that a bit already, like the 10% on the copper-fed. You can also get blue karma kits (252 karma) that give 15% for 25 uses at the charr/norn cultural weapon vendors. Too bad there’s no karma merchant that does green kits…

Make Minor Runes Junk

Posted by: eNeRgOo.5463

eNeRgOo.5463

Or just make runes salvageable and problem is gone That’s the best option which could save us time and nerves.

Make Minor Runes Junk

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

This has come up before.

Another alternative is to make minor runes/sigils useful for something so that people are happy to get them.

We can currently forge them into major runes/sigils, but that’s not really worth it at the moment. We need another recipe that uses them (or the majors, so it would be more worthwhile to forge majors out of minors).

Make Minor Runes Junk

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Making the copper-fed 0% upgrade salvager would be huge. The silver should remain though since major upgrades are more “rare” and easy to forge into superiors.