Make Protection -33% condi as well

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chistorm.5196

Chistorm.5196

Yes, you’ve heard it, Make Protection -33% condi damage as well. If you actually think about it protection goes to vulnerably which increases both physical damage AND condi damage. This would also be a great counter to most condi including the most current overpowered condition, “burning” that everyone seem to encounter in Spvp and WvW. I understand resistance is suppose to suppress condi for a small duration, but protection would be great to counter to the massive damage alot of these condition builds running and solve most issues with how the “condi-meta” is going. Also its wouldnt be overpowered because protection can also be remove.

(edited by Chistorm.5196)

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Then burning isn’t overpowered either because it can be removed even more easily than protection.

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Well, we already have a boon called resistance that counters condie. Really don’t need protection to counter condie.

Also, condie overall is not that OP. It is really just burning that is a bit over the top. I woul d even say torment and bleed are a little bit UP.

And condie builds actually have some purpose in the current meta. With abundence of sustain from almost all classes, it is really hard to kill anyone with just direct damage. For example, burn guardian is one of the most efficent way to take down a bunker guardian.

Chistorm.5196

Burning can be remove, but also how often it can be reapply is so much more harder to cleanse it off.

Chistorm.5196

Resistance only suppresses for a few seconds, it doesnt really counter condi that much to be effective and only few classes have some what of access to it.

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Tbh they could have made this change and left out resistance.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Chistorm.5196

Conditions are a joke, Confusion ticking while also doing high damage on skill use, Burning ticking for so high that it only take a few other condi like vul, blind or other misc condi to cover it up with ease. bleeds are ok, torment is semi ok. The point is Condition apply faster then being remove and its also hard to counter even with all the cleanses you may have you will find yourself in trouble in like less then 3 second if a burn tick ever pass 4.

Chistorm.5196

Let me break it down for example.

If these Condition hit for a tick

Burn: 3k
Confusion: 2.5k on Skill hit, tick for 500
Torment: 500(while not moving) 1000 (while moving)
bleed: 2k a tick
Fear: (nercos)1.2k a tick with another condi is apply,800 while no condi apply
Poison: 500 a tick

Applying Protection -33%

Burn: 1980 a tick
Confusion: 1650 on skill use, 330 a tick
Torment: 330(while not moving), 660 (while moving)
Bleed: 1320 a tick
Fear: (nercos) 792 while condi is apply, 528 while no condi apply
Poison: 330 a tick

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

Resistance only suppresses for a few seconds, it doesnt really counter condi that much to be effective and only few classes have some what of access to it.

actually who has it in core game?
I’ve seen the boon description but never seen it being used

also I’d add that we have a boon that makes player ignoring physical damage while still doing nothing to conditions so considering that I’ agree with op to make protection giving reduction to both

[then we have – few seconds of total immunity for physical damage with 100% condition application → some small reduction to both → immunity for condies with
100% physical application]

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

You can already fully cleanse conds… this isn’t necessary. Better balancing of burning vs the other conds is though (some of them don’t do enough, burning does too much).

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Chistorm.5196

Warriors healing signet on heal gives a 6 second resist and guards only 2 seconds on Pure of voice trait when converting a condition. Don’t know which condition, but I’ve seen it on my guard before.

Chistorm.5196

This isn’t true, I’ve had every cleanse you can think of being apply for myself and others and conditions face roll all over us. The application of condis apply faster then being cleanse off. I’ve play both support ele and guard in both SPVP and WvW.

(edited by Chistorm.5196)

Chistorm.5196

Vulnerably when stack to 25 increases both pyshical and condition damage to 25%. Mesmers already can hit that high on a shatter. So I can’t see why -33% condition reduction on protection would be bad anyways. It would actually make more sense having a condition reduction on protection to combat condi spikes and vulnerably stack damage.

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I sense a guardian OP. Conditions are finally slowing down the ‘zerker meta. That’s good to see and a long time coming. Unfortunately we are seeing some “condi zerkers.”

No, protection should remain as it is. If anything a lot of conditions need strengthening.

Mesmerising Girl

Chistorm.5196

Conditions don’t need more buffs, I’ve play condition nerco, mesmer, and engineer. It’s a joke, doesn’t take any effort to kill anyone. As a nerco I didn’t have to apply burning on life blast. Mesmer having the ability to stealth with long period of time and burst you with up 10 to 15 stacks of confusion while applying torment and burn. Guard bursting with up to 12 stacks plus of fire damage. To be honest to even combat a Zerker to just need to apply weakness and have protection.

Posted by: Epoch.5396

Epoch.5396

Burning can be remove, but also how often it can be reapply is so much more harder to cleanse it off.

On engi i can apply 6-8 burn stacks every 17 seconds.

On engi i can remove all of those burn stacks every 1-2 seconds and often can do this on people in the same area as me also. Sometimes i passively remove them and sometimes i passively convert them into boons which is not included in the 1-2 seconds.

Application of burning for most classes isnt as easy cleansing. However you pass up other things for this to be available. Its your choice and i appreciate some classes have to give up everything good to do so. That is an issue with those trait trees and synergy though. Not an issue with conditions so much. They have just highlighted the weaknesses.

[wasp]Epoch
Desolation

(edited by Epoch.5396)

Chistorm.5196

I’m not just talking about burning, I’m talking about conditions as a whole. I understand burn is high but you can also apply multiple stacks of other condition as well to cover burn, confusion, torment or even bleeds before you even can get to the ones that are really killing you. Yes it’s nice giving up some burst with cleanses.

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

Condition damage is spread out over time, though. The target has an opportunity to respond, either by healing through it, applying regen, activating other skills, countering with their own conditions/attacks, etc. Conditions can be cleansed so that they don’t even get through the full duration that they were going to — and in some cases, can even be converted into boons. There are even traits and runes that automatically clear conditions, or reduce condition damage and duration. Direct damage doesn’t have the same kinds of hoops to jump through, in order to achieve full effect.

Maybe if Protection reduced condition ticks by a much smaller amount — 10%, say — I could see it being more reasonable. But I’m not convinced it’s necessary. Plus, the impetus behind this request seems to center on a player vs player battle. Don’t forget this would affect PvE as well. Why do we need this there?

Posted by: Sizer.3987

Sizer.3987

The problem with this isnt resistance, its that the classes with the most protection (ele 1st by far, then I think guard and maybe engy?) are the classes people talk about when they say “BURNING OP BRAH”, and theyd gain a lot more from this change than say, necros or wars

It does make more sense to make prot work for both damage types, i wouldnt mind that change, but it would do a lot to balance that would have to be addressed at the same time

80 Mesmer – Yaks Bend