Make Selfless/Selfish Potions into infusions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hellmasker.1649

Hellmasker.1649

… so I don’t have to turn it on every time I change maps! :P

REJOICE! Dwayna hath had her mercy on us; her battered and beaten, tired and taxed.
For we have held fast our ground and our loyalty to Tyria each and every day…
And it is time the Six show their blessings. Freedom for ALL doers of great and wondrous things!

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

That would be really cool, and they have already kind of broken the trump on ideas like that with the sab floating cubes.

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

I think it could be even cooler if you could simply unlock the effect sort of as an extra bit of customization. That way you avoid the whole ‘the stats aren’t good enough’ and the issue with the raid infusions that only gave +5 or something.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The newly created ‘enrichment slots’ are a good mechanic for adding auras to ascended/legendary gear.

• Ascended amulet: one aura.
  • Infusing/attuning an amulet: +1 aura each?
  • Legendary amulet: multiple auras?
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Please, no.

Make them unlocks into a new ‘visual effects’ section in the wardrobe.

Also add recipes to make unlocks out of all those infusions, upgrades, consumables and gizmos with visual effects.

Then, once unlocked, we’d be able to pick any 5 visuals that do not overlap in the visual effects view of the hero panel.

Unlocks are always better. No exceptions.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Dilligaf Wyt.1867

Dilligaf Wyt.1867

The problem with making them effects is then they wont work with outfits. As they currently work now with outfits. Having to restart after map change is minor compared to having the one item that can change the appearence of an outfit, no matter how small.

Posted by: Freakshow.1809

Freakshow.1809

I just wish you were still able to get the potions

My holy Guardian swag will never be

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

The problem with making them effects is then they wont work with outfits. As they currently work now with outfits. Having to restart after map change is minor compared to having the one item that can change the appearence of an outfit, no matter how small.

They could make effects work with outfits if they wanted.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I just wish you were still able to get the potions

My holy Guardian swag will never be

Laurel merchant.

I’d like it to act like the food and utility buff where it didn’t disappear on map change, death or even downed.

Posted by: SRoode.7318

SRoode.7318

The potions are not available at the Laurel merchant.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Good idea! I can make an angel prototype again.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Unholey.3264

Unholey.3264

I totally support changing it to some kind of wardrobe-based visual, as was done with mini pets. I use the selfless one all the time on my guardian but having to reapply with every map change or down is a little annoying.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

That’s the problem from making them upgrades. They are already ‘effects’. There’s even skins that are actually visual effects, like the Bloodstone visage, the karka helmet or the nightfury and winter shoulders. They are basically ‘empty’ skins that apply a visual when equipped.

Split the visual from the skin, make it so it’s possible to apply the visual separately regardless of the skin, making them actual effects that go separately to gear in their own section of the wardrobe and are applied after gear, and they will work with outfits like backs and gliders do.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!