Make Shadow Assassin shoulders toggleable!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: wildebat.3650

wildebat.3650

Please! This outfit would be perfect if not for those huge, ugly shoulders getting in the way. Why can they not be optional like on normal armor?!

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I’m pretty sure if you toggle your actual armor’s shoulders, the shoulders on the outfit will disappear.

According to previous threads on the same topic, the Shadow Assassin outfit is an exception to this.

Also highly unlikely this will change, given how it is an unaddressed complaint since the day it was released.

wildebat.3650

I’m pretty sure if you toggle your actual armor’s shoulders, the shoulders on the outfit will disappear.

According to previous threads on the same topic, the Shadow Assassin outfit is an exception to this.

Also highly unlikely this will change, given how it is an unaddressed complaint since the day it was released.

So others have brought this up too? I tried searching but no results even came up for Shadow Assassin outfit.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

When it first showed up in the gem store there were several threads complaining about the shoulders.

I don’t think hiding the shoulders and gloves does anything on any outfit at all. Only the head can be toggled.

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

So in the meantime transmute the shadow assassin shoulders into something more innocuous.

Theftwind (HoD)

Posted by: Wolfheart.1879

Wolfheart.1879

So others have brought this up too? I tried searching but no results even came up for Shadow Assassin outfit.

There have been threads before, albeit not all that many. The search function on this site has all the use and functionality of a chocolate teapot. Even annoys the hell out of certain Anet representatives, but as with everything, there isn’t much hope for that being addressed anytime soon.

Divinity’s Reach is home to some top-tier criminal masterminds.
The kind of people who will set an orphanage on fire after locking themselves inside it.

wildebat.3650

There have been threads before, albeit not all that many. The search function on this site has all the use and functionality of a chocolate teapot. Even annoys the hell out of certain Anet representatives, but as with everything, there isn’t much hope for that being addressed anytime soon.

:( It can’t be that difficult to implement I mean they’re clearly separate from the rest of the armor…

Posted by: Wolfheart.1879

Wolfheart.1879

I agree that it probably isn’t that difficult to separate. Thing is Anet, have a tendency to just move on with the next thing rather than look back and fix things tha have come up. While it is probably an easy fix, they probably don’t see a need to fix such a small issue, and would rather use time and resources, however little, on something new. Ultimately, there have been a myriad of issues players have had in the last year, and Anet have been slow in addressing a fair few of those, and many are still unaddressed. Traits, condition cap, some issues with wardrobe and megaserver that have now faded into obscurity, and the functionality of this site (which didn’t change at all with the recent forum re-organisation) are a handful of them. Nothing tangible has come of them. Perhaps this is more likely to be worked on, as it is an easy fix, but Anet probably don’t see it as worth the hassle, or worth the fallout that such a small thing got fixed but the bigger things remain untouched. I do hink with these issues Anet are a tad too forward thinking.

Divinity’s Reach is home to some top-tier criminal masterminds.
The kind of people who will set an orphanage on fire after locking themselves inside it.

wildebat.3650

I agree that it probably isn’t that difficult to separate. Thing is Anet, have a tendency to just move on with the next thing rather than look back and fix things tha have come up. While it is probably an easy fix, they probably don’t see a need to fix such a small issue, and would rather use time and resources, however little, on something new. Ultimately, there have been a myriad of issues players have had in the last year, and Anet have been slow in addressing a fair few of those, and many are still unaddressed. Traits, condition cap, some issues with wardrobe and megaserver that have now faded into obscurity, and the functionality of this site (which didn’t change at all with the recent forum re-organisation) are a handful of them. Nothing tangible has come of them. Perhaps this is more likely to be worked on, as it is an easy fix, but Anet probably don’t see it as worth the hassle, or worth the fallout that such a small thing got fixed but the bigger things remain untouched. I do hink with these issues Anet are a tad too forward thinking.

I just don’t get it. It’s clear that many people don’t like the shoulders and if it’s a fairly easy fix to make them optional then why not? I can’t see it hurting anything.
Being able to look how you like has been one of Anet’s philosophies in this game and it’s upsetting that they would force some big obstructive shoulders on people. I dunno, it’s just very annoying for me because that outfit is so close to being perfect for me and it’s just… so close.

Posted by: Rialen.1524

Rialen.1524

Not gonna write a book, but I honestly like the shoulders. It’s one of the few outfits that takes a stance on armor that would be worn in battle. Not saying a toggle is bad, would be great, but I doubt anet has time/cares to do it though.

Bottom line, if your looking for something else, get something else.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The shoulders don’t other me at all. What I don’t like is the bow in back on the female version.

wildebat.3650

Not gonna write a book, but I honestly like the shoulders. It’s one of the few outfits that takes a stance on armor that would be worn in battle. Not saying a toggle is bad, would be great, but I doubt anet has time/cares to do it though.

Bottom line, if your looking for something else, get something else.

Well, I’m not really looking for anything else. Most medium armor is pretty ugly, that’s why I really like this outfit, save for the shoulders.

Posted by: Amria.2461

Amria.2461

Maybe they could just make them smaller? Personally I don’t mind the look of them on males, but that size! they’re just so ridiculously huge! it just doesn’t make sense! Why does the male version have giant clown shoulders and the female one looks fine?

wildebat.3650

Maybe they could just make them smaller? Personally I don’t mind the look of them on males, but that size! they’re just so ridiculously huge! it just doesn’t make sense! Why does the male version have giant clown shoulders and the female one looks fine?

I wouldn’t mind that either! Just anything less intrusive than right now. They clip horribly whenever my character does an idle animation and they look ridiculous while he’s running.