Make "Unobtainable" armor obtainable!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

Meh, much like I enjoy it when zones changed permanently, I like it when certain things are no longer obtainable. It adds actual history to the game. :o

That it does. These items serve as some kind of souvenir. It’s not about “showing off” or making others feel bad. Such items fit perfectly into the premise of a “living, breathing world” we were told we’d get.

Posted by: Zergs.9715

Zergs.9715

The Tribal set is one of the few things that i’m happy i have because of its scarcity.

“I take pleasure in other people not having things” is one of the most loathsome of all human traits.

You folks just want everything to be worthless and commonpool.

No, I want it’s value to come from people appreciating what it is, rather than how it promotes ‘special snowflake’ self-aggrandizement.

This. So much this. How are people able to go against interests of their fellow players even if it doesn’t affect them in any shape of form is beyond me. I have my hands on some of those armor sets and I’d like to get them all. I’d wish no less for the rest of the ppl.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Well, this is a general discussion. Do you want:

• Feel unique?
  • Get everything?

The two are mutually exclusive.

Not true. Being unique is way easier when there’s a multitude of choices. If you can have everything, then there’s no importance placed on this one look, which means that less people will gravitate towards the same choices.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

The Tribal set is one of the few things that i’m happy i have because of its scarcity.

“I take pleasure in other people not having things” is one of the most loathsome of all human traits.

You folks just want everything to be worthless and commonpool.

No, I want it’s value to come from people appreciating what it is, rather than how it promotes ‘special snowflake’ self-aggrandizement.

This. So much this. How are people able to go against interests of their fellow players even if it doesn’t affect them in any shape of form is beyond me. I have my hands on some of those armor sets and I’d like to get them all. I’d wish no less for the rest of the ppl.

I agree with all this. I have a few items that are no longer attainable that were acquired during past events (like early halloween or dragon bash, etc), and when new players ask me how to acquire them, I feel bad when I have to disappoint them and tell them that they are no longer available.

There’s really no value in removing items from the game, even if it’s to increase their prestige (which I find to be quite a shallow reason). Even if the items are seasonal, and only available at certain times of the year during special events, it would still be nice for players to know that if they didn’t get it before, they’d have a chance to acquire it again at some point in the future.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

its a little unfair that i earned tribal set and you didn’t?
while i was pvping you were pveing and earned your Wings of the Sunless,
i guess its a little unfair that i wasn’t given that, Anet should mail me it…

please folks stop trying to get the very few old rare heirloom items made commonplace.
there isn’t much of value in this game, legendaries are all over the place, go to lions arch you’ll see 20 people with Twilight.
the Tribal set is one of the few things that i’m happy i have because of its scarcity.
you folks just want everything to be worthless and commonpool.

Its unfair that you got Tribal set from RNG and I currently cannot.

It was very mild RNG. The hardest part was getting rank 30 in pvp which took a long time back then.
GW2 is about cosmetic progression rather than statistical progression. I dont see anything wrong with people wanting to be special snowflakes.
This whole “special snow flakes are stupid” feels like the new communism. A new age of terror.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

Actually there was no rng on tribal, there was a very large post on Gw2guru that updated daily and had a list of what you had to throw into the mf to get anything and at what rank to get it

Posted by: Tasida.4085

Tasida.4085

No they should not make any of the old (non cash shop) available. I get so fed up with seeing threads of ppl QQing cos they should have this old skin or that one. Like Shatterer/Sunless wings or witch hat etc or yes old armor skins you weren’t here so too bloody bad you should have been there.
You go to any retailer that had a sale that you missed by a day and tell them I want this cos missed I it yesterday (insert excuse) and they’ll laugh you out the store. Rage if you like but if you weren’t around then hey you don’t get and that’s how it should stay.
It’s not about feeling special etc but the fact that you WERE THERE when the event or whatever took place. GAME ON

Noble Dragons (NOBL) rocking GW’s since 2005 now rocking the Sorrow’s Furnace Server!

(edited by Tasida.4085)

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

It’s not about feeling special etc

no excactly it is about feeling special

. the only reason for such behaviour is to feel special cause its only some pixel but rare pixel

and thats ok but still this excuse no no it never to feel special

be faithfully and game on

Posted by: Tasida.4085

Tasida.4085

It’s about the pride of having been there to earn these things. I stand by what I say … if you weren’t there to get whatever item for whatever reason then you shouldn’t get it later on. I’ve proudly played GWs since 2005 and GW2 since beta/launch and have every event item etc to date. I wear alot of them with pride. No I’m not special because of it but I am proud because guess what….I WAS there. Leave the old stuff alone and rare. GAME ON

Noble Dragons (NOBL) rocking GW’s since 2005 now rocking the Sorrow’s Furnace Server!

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

As someone who started Guild Wars the day it released, started Guild Wars 2 at headstart, and has pretty much all the “ooo I want those” shiny armor sets that are not widely available: I would be perfectly happy with everyone getting a shot at them.

Why should me having had the opportunity to play those games when I did make me somehow more “worthy” to have the sets than anyone else? I played the games! I didn’t play the games for those armor sets, I played them to have fun. And I did have fun, because GW1 > Any of its competitors back in its early days, and same with GW2. Getting those armor sets/mini pets/whatever was just a nice little bonus to go along with it.

Nothing about my self worth, my enjoyment of this game, or my enjoyment of life itself is tied to me being a special snowflake with my armors, and I can’t relate to anyone who does feel that way.

So, I have my fingers crossed for all of you who want these armor sets. Hopefully you will get your chance at them. Until then… I won’t lie, I’m going to run around in them and be a special snowflake. =D

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

I wonder why we keep discussing this topic when we allready have an oficial answer by arenanet in other post that they “do” are gonna put stuff like the tribal armor back.

I dont see why to keep discussing this anymore, like if the “special snowflakes” protests would convince arenanet to not do so

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Said it before, saying it again. If they make the old stuff like Tribal and Apostle armors obtainable again I demand that they make Greatsaw/Scythe/Ghastly Grinning Shield skins easily available as well. I fractured my hand punching a wall due to Clocktower shenanigans during 1st Halloween so I couldn’t grind for them back then. So I’m by all means entitled to those skins.