Make achivements chat linkable

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: beno.7985

beno.7985

We should be able to link achivements in chat…
How do you show achivements to other players then? Everyone loves achivements but honestly all you friends can see is how much achivement points you have and that’s it. You can’t even go into raid and say I killed Sabetha.. If there was simple achivement for Sabetha kill.. you could just join raid and link your achivement as a proof that you killed her. This would make everyone lifes easier. All we have are stupid LI’s in raids.

Same thing goes for fractals, dungeons and so on.. Achivements are pointless if I can’t even show them to others.

It would be cool if you could see when someone from guild gets achivement too.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Given how chatcodes work that wouldn’t be very useful.

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

The only reason I wouldn’t want this is because of the potential chat spam of meaningless achievements. Look at me, I completed “Daily Big Spender”!!!!!! People already spam random items as it is. Maybe if it was limited to Say chat only it would be alright.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Would be useful for linking stuff you wanna do with someone. I was thinking that when they added the Nightmare fractal and I wished I could link the one I was looking at in party.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

How do you show achivements to other players then?

If you really want to show someone, you can do so through the API by giving that person access. There are websites for doing it, such as gw2efficiency.com.

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

The only reason I wouldn’t want this is because of the potential chat spam of meaningless achievements. Look at me, I completed “Daily Big Spender”!!!!!! People already spam random items as it is. Maybe if it was limited to Say chat only it would be alright.

this and not only that if they even did this at all to begin with . that would mean they

would be able to increase security of the game itself from hackers and do all other

improvements first that is much more need in the game. and not only that but also

add build saving to the game as well as better chat and guild stuff then there is now

and number of other things more importantly need in this game that what your asking

for

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Gw1 did that automatically for the big achievements. It would say in chat if someone got a title. It was kind of nice seeing people progressing. I’m not sure how well that would work in this game though. Titles and achievements can be easy to get and it might turn out to be constant spamming in chat of announcements that player X did this and player Y did that.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Gw1 did that automatically for the big achievements. It would say in chat if someone got a title. It was kind of nice seeing people progressing. I’m not sure how well that would work in this game though. Titles and achievements can be easy to get and it might turn out to be constant spamming in chat of announcements that player X did this and player Y did that.

If it happened automatically and only for 5-6 achievements, it might be fun, especially if it were tied into some other mechanic (the way it was at one time in GW1).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”