Make all recipes show if you have them

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

or not before you purchase them. Anet does it for some but not others. I go to the vendor in frostgorge (one example)and it says you already know this….
HoT-(dropped recipes)—not. Please fix.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

That’s a bit weird? I’ve been playing HoT and I’m pretty sure the dropped recipes all tell me whether or not I have them.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

you only get told if you unlocked the recipe on your sepcific characters, I have maxed crafting spered on 4 characters, yes before additional licences were issues I had them maxed (Well 400 acually) nowadays I get msgs you have this unlocked, but all the breaters from fractals are instantly deleted nowadays, I’m not going to check if I still need breather x for character x,y,z.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

FlamingFoxx.1305

Recipes have always only ever shown if they’re unlocked for the specific character viewing them.

Blude.6812

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I got a recipe drop in Hot. Ok, I open it and has a list of the recipes that can be unlocked. So far so good. I click on one and the only options are accept. So I figure I dont have it. I accept it and it goes to my inventory—-THEN it tells me I already have it when I go to learn it. Since I had two drops I opened the second one and the list appears, that one I just activated does not show up as already owned. I guess I have to go to pencil and paper, or view the crafting menu for all my toons, search through them and make a list. Such a waste of time as well as inconvenient. They should show up as already owned before you accept and unlock. (imho)

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I got a recipe drop in Hot. Ok, I open it and has a list of the recipes that can be unlocked. So far so good. I click on one and the only options are accept. So I figure I dont have it. I accept it and it goes to my inventory—-THEN it tells me I already have it when I go to learn it. Since I had two drops I opened the second one and the list appears, that one I just activated does not show up as already owned. I guess I have to go to pencil and paper, or view the crafting menu for all my toons, search through them and make a list. Such a waste of time as well as inconvenient. They should show up as already owned before you accept and unlock. (imho)

When you’re on that “pick which recipe you want” screen, hover your cursor over the picture icon and it’ll bring up the usual tooltip information for that recipe, including telling you if you’ve already unlocked it on that character.

FlamingFoxx.1305

Just as Electro says, hovering over a recipe (including in that selection screen) will tell you whether or not that character has the recipe unlocked.
It will not tell you if the recipe is unlocked on another character however, which no recipe ever does.

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

The recipes learned on each character is actually released via the API. There are some great third party applications which can let you reference which characters know what without having to change to another character.

G R E E N E R

Blude.6812

I will hover longer then on my next drop and see.TY!