Make ambrite weapons sellable on tp

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

Why would you make them account bound in the first place when the are already annoying and difficult to get, especially if you spend all your geodes on 47 lockpicks and still nothing, and then it’s another 350 geodes if you get t5 unlocked.
So make the weapons sellable so that somone with 0 RNG can get one, along with all the other super duper unluckies. I don’t mind crafting at all I have a few professions up to 500- so crafting isn’t the issue.
That’s just my take on it!

(edited by SnowHawk.3615)

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Oh man, here wo go. Its the first day of this content being live, its permanent and people already complain that they didnt get what they want.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Wanze is right; it’s permanent, so you have all the time in the world to get it. But that said, I would support them becoming tradable.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It may be permanent, but i wouldn’t count on t5 unlocking few months in the future.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The recipes are apparently available at T4 too. If the map really becomes deserted, ANet might even reduce it to T3 or T2.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Account bound food, account bound amberite weapons. I suspect Anet is really desperate for metrics showing people are in these new zones.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Account bound food, account bound amberite weapons. I suspect Anet is really desperate for metrics showing people are in these new zones.

It is rather unlikely that they would need specific weapon skins or whatever in order to get those metrics.
It is probably rather easy to just log the map-data for each account or something like that (it is already done with PoIs, WPs and other such things after all.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

There is always issues here:

If they make them tradeable people complain about how you can just use a credit card and buy them without “working” for them.

If they are not people complain about having to “work” for them.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Wanze is right; it’s permanent, so you have all the time in the world to get it. But that said, I would support them becoming tradable.

Do you really really think, we have “all the time in the world” to get t5 Dry Tops? I imagine once the story moves out of this map. That those dry tops will slow down and then stop.

I can’t stand dry top anyway.

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

And who says these drops will only be available to dry top?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Taygus.4571

And who says these drops will only be available to dry top?

Well, that would be ok then…but I’m assuming it only be in dry top. And if another area is added it will have it’s own rewards.

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

It’s just another example of gating in a game that started off seemingly promising that gating would be left for other MMO’s to do, but not this one.

These weapons, materials, etc should not be account bound, just as ascended armor and weapons and trinkets should not be (until equipped). Having these tradeable would make the game a lot more interesting for those of us who don’t consider GW2 to be our main job.

People using a credit card to get hold of something? You should be happy if they do, they are supporting the game.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Taygus.4571

It’s just another example of gating in a game that started off seemingly promising that gating would be left for other MMO’s to do, but not this one.

These weapons, materials, etc should not be account bound, just as ascended armor and weapons and trinkets should not be (until equipped). Having these tradeable would make the game a lot more interesting for those of us who don’t consider GW2 to be our main job.

People using a credit card to get hold of something? You should be happy if they do, they are supporting the game.

Well lets be honest with ascended, buy gems, change to gold , buy mats, .. ok it’s a round about way to do it, but it’s possible.

Can’t even buy the mats for these weapons though. But then people did complain about not having rewards for areas and that show you “played the game”. rather than bought it all.

Posted by: Awaltir.5302

Awaltir.5302

It wouldn’t be that bad to be it acb but rng fossils broke everything.

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

My personal feeling is that none of the somewhat more special wearable items should have been tradeable in the first place, especially not legendary weapons. IMO it was one of the worst ideas to make crafting of a legendary require running dungeons, map-completion, wvw tokens, skill-points, but buying and equipping one does not.

As such, I can perfectly live with the fact that these new weapons are account-bound.

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

So they make something account bound and you complain because you can’t buy it. They make something you can sell and you complain that it costs too much.

Guess they should just make the stuff free for everyone. Oh but wait, then the people who would want to sell them on TP would be upset. Yeah, can’t do that either.

Oh I know! Let’s not add anything new to the game ever again!

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

You can see the time sink. You have control of your gaming time. You can choose to put time into the game to get a specific weapon or you can choose to buy a weapon with similar stats from the trading post. Your choice. Nobody if forcing you to do anything.

Posted by: Acinonyx Rex.8609

Acinonyx Rex.8609

There is already way too much items available on TP, we need more account bound weapons. Maybe be we need more ways to obtain them….

Posted by: Khorrax.2108

Khorrax.2108

Being account bound wouldn’t have been an issue if there was a guaranteed way of getting the fossils.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Specifically they promised that gating/grind wouldn’t be required for stats. In the same paragraph (possibly the same sentence) they also said it would be required for cosmetic items and that pursuing these would be part of the end game.

I don’t have time to find the quote now since my lunch break is nearly over, but I’m pretty sure it’s in the manifesto.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Wanze.8410

Do you really really think, we have “all the time in the world” to get t5 Dry Tops? I imagine once the story moves out of this map. That those dry tops will slow down and then stop.

All you need is 3-5 commanders that know what they are doing, where and when the event chains spawn and how the champ mechanics work. If LS moves out of Dry Top (i guess it will stay there for 3 more patches at least), its easily done with a guild of 50 people or a server community event, just like tequatl.

And at the end of LS season 1, alot of rewards were available again through different means, so i would expect that as well for season 2 rewards.

Posted by: Jam.4521

Jam.4521

My main problem with these weapons is that I’m not a crafter so getting hold of them is quite difficult, I don’t mind farming for mats but its the whole levelling up a crafting discipline for them, and I really like some of the skins.
To be honest I have nothing against crafted weapons but I was hoping for a reward unique to the area that we gained through playing the story, though that may yet come.

BOOM

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

tl;dr of all the people whining about them not being tradeable:

“I don’t want to invest effort and/or time into playing the game for rewards and want the option of buying my success ingame.”

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

“I don’t want to invest effort and/or time into playing the game for rewards and want the option of buying my success ingame.”

I dislike crafting. I am willing to give my gold to those who enjoy crafting if a given desirable crafted item is tradable.

My gold is a return on time/effort invested in the game.

These weapon skins define success in the game ? Interesting take.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

I dislike crafting. I am willing to give my gold to those who enjoy crafting if a given desirable crafted item is tradable.

People who dislike crafting always make me smile.

Since I’ve leveled crafting to 500, I’ve been receiving ~2g for 1 minute of work each day. I’ve broken even in about 2 months and get an extra free dungeon run each day from that moment.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

It may be permanent, but i wouldn’t count on t5 unlocking few months in the future.

Does that fact KEEP you from obtaining the items in ANY way? No, they are just cheaper.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I’m okay with the crazy RNG luck, but only because a failed chest grants champ bags and other useful loot that I have a use for. My biggest concern is the massive geode farm for keys and the recipes, as that takes up a lot of time if you want 2-4 skins for a character.. but that being said it is fun and reasonably rewarding, it just depends on whether you’d optimize time making money via dungeons, having fun in WvW/pvp, or getting a skin your really want.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Actually I’ve been thinking about this a little … I’ve said yesterday that even if you don’t have the episodes unlocked you can go to those regions etc. I can’t really test it but I would wager now that the maps are actually locked behind the story. Visiting the story with someone else will most likely tell you it’s not your story and won’t unlock anything.

Hence the account bound and new currencies etc.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Since the content is permanent it’s not that much of a problem, still having the weapons on TP would be nice.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Or it could be we don’t want to deal with the kittening RNG that they keep putting in. I’d love it the fossils were either guaranteed drops from the chests or at least (I guess) significantly increased (ie ~3/5 give a fossil). I’m all for doing some work for stuff, but some of us have unlucky accounts when it comes to RNG so we have to put in double/triple/etc work to get stuff based on RNG (and even then we still might not get it due to the RNG).

Since the content is permanent it’s not that much of a problem, still having the weapons on TP would be nice.

Not much of a problem now maybe, but give it a month or two and see how many are still trying to get top tier in Dry Top.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Wanze.8410

Or it could be we don’t want to deal with the kittening RNG that they keep putting in. I’d love it the fossils were either guaranteed drops from the chests or at least (I guess) significantly increased (ie ~3/5 give a fossil). I’m all for doing some work for stuff, but some of us have unlucky accounts when it comes to RNG so we have to put in double/triple/etc work to get stuff based on RNG (and even then we still might not get it due to the RNG).

Not much of a problem now maybe, but give it a month or two and see how many are still trying to get top tier in Dry Top.

If its a guaranteed drop or even at a 60% chance, people would be drowning in fossils very soon.

Taygus.4571

All you need is 3-5 commanders that know what they are doing, where and when the event chains spawn and how the champ mechanics work. If LS moves out of Dry Top (i guess it will stay there for 3 more patches at least), its easily done with a guild of 50 people or a server community event, just like tequatl.

Only it doesn’t reward as well a tequatl.

I really doubt getting people together foreven a tier 4..(.they’re not available on t3 or lower ) once the LS leaves there, will be easy.

There’d have to be a guild created for the purpose of it, but unlike boss spawns it’s a 24/7 event with very little worth getting.
Most people will have got what they want in the next couple of weeks, keeping it going after that.
Yeah, I really don’t see it happening.

(edited by Taygus.4571)

Wanze.8410

Only it doesn’t reward as well a tequatl.

I really doubt getting people together foreven a tier 4..(.they’re not available on t3 or lower ) once the LS leaves there, will be easy.

There’d have to be a guild created for the purpose of it, but unlike boss spawns it’s a 24/7 event with very little worth getting.
Most people will have got what they want in the next couple of weeks, keeping it going after that.
Yeah, I really don’t see it happening.

If people got what they want from it, they wont complain about not getting to t5.
Apart from that, its quite a good farm for t5 and t6 mats from regular mobs.

Posted by: Khyber.2693

Khyber.2693

I wish it was tradeable so I could go crazy trying to get the fossils and then eventually sell them all on the tp for a profit. I hate account bound garbage, no profit from it.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Since I’ve leveled crafting to 500, I’ve been receiving ~2g for 1 minute of work each day. I’ve broken even in about 2 months and get an extra free dungeon run each day from that moment.

Um…if everyone crafted then no one would buy from you…

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Um…if everyone crafted then no one would buy from you…

The reason those things sell is due to the timegate in crafting them. You can only make one a day. So personally I bought 2 bolts of damask the other day because that’s all I needed to finish my ascended set and I didn’t feel like waiting an extra 2 days so just figured I’d take the loss of a couple gold and sell the ones I made the next 2 days.

SnowHawk.3615

Oh man, here wo go. Its the first day of this content being live, its permanent and people already complain that they didnt get what they want.

Maybe I worded it wrong but all I meant in total was making them sellable on the TP

SnowHawk.3615

So they make something account bound and you complain because you can’t buy it. They make something you can sell and you complain that it costs too much.

Guess they should just make the stuff free for everyone. Oh but wait, then the people who would want to sell them on TP would be upset. Yeah, can’t do that either.

Oh I know! Let’s not add anything new to the game ever again!

I dont mind paying 100g + for something I want since all I do are dungeons anyways.

SnowHawk.3615

It’s permanent! DANG! I was like rushing to get this done because I didn’t think it was— wow what a relief off me then.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Well then heck, let’s make fractal weapon skins trade-able as well. I’m sure everyone would love that. And by everyone I mean the people that want to have an item they didn’t work for, yet still give the illusion that they did.

In my book, personally, fractal weapon skins > legendary skins simply because you can’t buy them on TP. You know the guy with a fractal GS likely had to do a ton of runs just to get it because of RNG. The guy with Eternity/Twilight/Sunrise running around? Likely purchased from the TP.

It’s nice having skins that aren’t available on TP because then not everyone is running around with it.

Like my yellow super staff. Can’t buy it on TP, so I run that staff more than any other.

So if you like the skin, and you want the skin, but you don’t want to work for the skin, then you don’t get the skin.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

I… haven’t even looked at how to craft them yet but I like the idea of being rewarded for the content that I play. And I like having stuff to work for, in the long term. I hate RNG but one nice thing about crafting my legendary was that it felt like there were ‘steps’, so I was making progress along the way almost regardless of what I was doing.

So…. yeah I guess I’m really thankful they aren’t on the TP but I can understand how people who hate crafting might be frustrated. It would be nice if there was a secondary way to get them, maybe put in a variant with a different color that drops (a reddish version like the Zojja weapons?). But yeah, I’m actually relieved and feel like this very specifically addresses something I’ve been wanting for a long time.

As an aside, an alternative would be to add in a second currency that players could trade these things for. A currency that can’t be bought using real money. It would have to be tied to some other specific system, but yeah. Just a thought.

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

I like how these weapons are attained personally. Do the content if you want the weapon. The crafting mats are not outlandish and I have had 2 of the ambers drop already. Based on map chat they don’t seem to be uber rare at all.

One thing they could maybe have done is added the amber to the geode vendor. 0 rng that way….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’d be all in favor of them becoming sellable on the TP. I for one couldn’t care less about “skin exclusivity”. Let people work for the weapons in the way they want, whether that be doing events and building up geodes or doing other stuff for gold and buying them.

And perhaps more importantly, it would help the people who don’t actually want the weapons themselves. Craft the weapon and sell it if you don’t actually want it, rather than just getting the fossils and deleting them. Or I suppose they could just let people sell the fossils, either way. I’m not a fan of handing out rare loot that won’t even appeal to some people, essentially making them even worse than junk items.

Posted by: Gaebriel.3754

Gaebriel.3754

I like it, it’s a zone specific drop, I wish all zones had thematic skins like this! Reading some of those CDI topics a while ago this was something that I saw requested quite often, including by myself. I much prefer fighting the actual enemies to fighting the merciless TP boss. I think that doing stuff in a certain zone for zone specific skins is way cooler than having everything available to buy (or drop everywhere).

I hope they sneakily expand on this for ‘common’ drops as well, such as the Rinblades etc. dropping from Ascalonian zones, while Krytan stuff only drops in .. Kryta. From my experience stuff like that looks like it actually already has a higher chance to drop in those zones, but it would be cool to see the normal specific skin drops tied exclusively to zones.

But then again the skins don’t suit any of my characters, so I’ll probs just sell the ambrite.^^

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It’s permanent! DANG! I was like rushing to get this done because I didn’t think it was— wow what a relief off me then.

Well within 2 weeks, you’ll log into T1 sandstorms by default.

SnowHawk.3615

Well then heck, let’s make fractal weapon skins trade-able as well. I’m sure everyone would love that. And by everyone I mean the people that want to have an item they didn’t work for, yet still give the illusion that they did.

In my book, personally, fractal weapon skins > legendary skins simply because you can’t buy them on TP. You know the guy with a fractal GS likely had to do a ton of runs just to get it because of RNG. The guy with Eternity/Twilight/Sunrise running around? Likely purchased from the TP.

It’s nice having skins that aren’t available on TP because then not everyone is running around with it.

Like my yellow super staff. Can’t buy it on TP, so I run that staff more than any other.

So if you like the skin, and you want the skin, but you don’t want to work for the skin, then you don’t get the skin.

I am working for the skin but I have a feeling I won’t be the one getting it but that won’t make me stop trying for a while but still I am saving for the recipe I wanted itself but when my layer got to t5 I still didn’t have enough since Champ and Legendaries give you awesome loot like 3 geodes- And trying to get enough geodes to buy the recipe before the event dies down is a crappy feeling. Too bad you can’t get like 20 geodes per completion of a task.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

That is awesome for you. I am glad to pay someone to produce something that I do not want to produce myself. Win/Win as far as I am concerned. I end up with something to spend my farmed gold on, you end up with extra gold…as long as you are allowed to sell your goods.

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

The fossils I wish had some non-rng obtainable way to get. I’ve never been a “gambler” preferring to take the long guaranteed route. at the very least, it’s permanent so in theory I should be able to go back whenever I want. the same can probably be said for precursors as well however :P

along with that, I wish the recipes were obtainable at t1, even if it were in the thousands of geodes. not to be a downer but I have low hopes of dry top events being popular for longer than half a year or so, and then the recipes would be fairly hard to obtain.

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

I’ve not had a chance to check, but did the regional achievements for Dry Top change/add with the additional reveal?

If it did, then a reasonable suggestion to ‘fix’ any RNG concerns would be to add a Meta Achievement to the region set, once its complete. It could contain one of every RNG-related element (like the fossil) released in that series. This should hopefully extend the population count in the region a little more (as those who had no RNG chance, or late comers to the story, have a better chance to go through it). It also addresses the developer’s interest in time-gating, since this particular Meta will probably take some time to complete (given what I’ve seen so far).

Another possibility might be to increase rewards on Dry Top’s World Bosses, based on the Influence Level. Example is to start with 3 champ bags on T1, and add 1-2 bags for each tier increased. If you made it to the higher Tiers (4+), throw in something like the fossil as a bonus as well.

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

SnowHawk.3615

Why would you make them account bound in the first place when the are already annoying and difficult to get, especially if you spend all your geodes on 47 lockpicks and still nothing, and then it’s another 350 geodes if you get t5 unlocked. I don’t mind the crafting I have everything that is able to get to 500 at 500 except the huntsman profession. I just do not like the ‘luck of the draw’.
So make the weapons sellable so that somone with 0 RNG can get one, along with all the other super duper unluckies.
That’s just my take on it!