Make better patch notes

Make better patch notes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

ArenaNet,

On June 3rd, you released a patch. This patch included several dungeon changes, all of which do not fix exploits.

So why are those changes absent from the patch notes? How come you decided to write down only one change in the patch notes, but released over 10 actual changes? Yet the patch notes contains 4 pages (on my screen) of nearly irrelevant skill-facts changes.

It is not the first time that non-exploit-related changes are missing from the dungeon section of the patch notes. For us, the dungeon community, the patch notes are more and more becoming a big joke. I don’t like to say this, but it’s really how we feel.

Changes in the dungeons are actually welcome. I only wanna know about them, so if you make changes (that do not involve exploits), please, write them down in your patch notes. Always.

Thank you!

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

(edited by Fror.2163)

Make better patch notes

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

To be fair, it’s probably because they don’t fully test their work, so no one signed off on this work as being tested and the changes slip through the cracks.

Make better patch notes

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

To be fair, it’s probably because they don’t fully test their work, so no one signed off on this work as being tested and the changes slip through the cracks.

Those “slips” are too consistent to be chalked up to just an overlook. By now it’s clear that lot of changes are being hidden from us on purpose. Not sure why, because we learn about them within few hours anyway.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Make better patch notes

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

But…but… meeleing spider queen is clearly an exploit. Reflecting bosses attacks is also an exploit..
Sheesh, isnt that obvious

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

Make better patch notes

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

We DON’T have to know everything they do and that is the point. They want to fix what THEY think are exploits and problems. We don’t have to be in on every decision and every fix that shows and ‘entitled’ attitude. They said they would not tell us every fix they do to the game.

Make better patch notes

Fror.2163

I don’t want to be in every decision.

But 10+ changes in dungeon bosses released at once and not a single word about it is not acceptable. Heck, the golem in CoE was changed from immobile to moving. Did they fix an exploit by doing that? If you really think it was an exploit, then I don’t know what to think.

Also, they said they’d give as much information as possible. Even a simple sentence like “* reviewed the bosses from various dungeons and performed adequate changes to them” would have been enough. They also said they’d never give information about exploits.

Secrecy is never the solution: communication has always been.

Make better patch notes

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

They made the golem mobile? The one that has turrets around it giving it buffs? Can you pull it to a corner and burn it down with Firey Exploit Sword? If so, I don’t see how this change was an improvement…

Make better patch notes

Fror.2163

They made the golem mobile? The one that has turrets around it giving it buffs? Can you pull it to a corner and burn it down with Firey Exploit Sword? If so, I don’t see how this change was an improvement…

Yep, yep and nope: fiery rush is not an exploit, so your last question is invalid. But you can use fiery rush on it without a target and against a wall, yes.

Make better patch notes

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I would suggest going to reddit making an account and posting it there because I doubt they’ll see anything we post here altho I completely agree.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Make better patch notes

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Yep, yep and nope: fiery rush is not an exploit, so your last question is invalid. But you can use fiery rush on it without a target and against a wall, yes.

Lol, well I call it Firey Exploit Sword as a joke. I took it from someone else who said it. It’s obviously really OP. As for improving boss encounters, they’ve basically turned the golem into another corner-stack-fest. Great for speed run farmers. Not so great for proper game design or fun/challenging gameplay. Nice one, Anet.

Make better patch notes

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

We DON’T have to know everything they do and that is the point.

If so, what is the point of patchnotes anyway? Just to advertise new things we can buy with gems/money?

Greetings.

Make better patch notes

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

If so, what is the point of patchnotes anyway? Just to advertise new things we can buy with gems/money?

Greetings.

N,o but the major items: Skill changes, etc. is what we need to know. The small stuff we don’t need to know.

Make better patch notes

Posted by: Eroiqua.5891

Eroiqua.5891

I sometimes like when things change without warning. I think small changes to dungeon bosses without telling anyone are great. I don’t mind if my group gets surprised by a boss mechanic change and gets wiped. It adds some flavor every once in awhile. Then again, I’m not one to view the game as a job where the sole purpose is to mechanically race through things as fast as possible. That’s not to say that I care if you want to play like that…just that not all of “us, the dungeon community” feel the same way about this topic.

Make better patch notes

Fror.2163

Greetings.

N,o but the major items: Skill changes, etc. is what we need to know. The small stuff we don’t need to know.

What about the 4 pages of “updated skill fact”? We need to know that?

Make better patch notes

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Did they not say along time ago they would be a lot more transparent and stop the stealth updates and that changes would always be in patch notes, yet nearly every patch someone finds a stealth update that a dev then comes on and says Oh yea sorry that was missed for xx reason,

Do they not have a list of changes into the game, and a list of patch notes, surely if there are 20 changes at 18 patch notes something is wrong.

Personally instead of them nerfing current dungeons ( which people run for fun/loot giving the lack of it elsewhere in the game, even after the dungeon boss loot nerf ) I would rather they took the time to make new dungeons.

Make better patch notes

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Maybe they’re secretly hoping we won’t notice? :P