Make dungeons soloable

Make dungeons soloable

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SandruDaniel.4386

SandruDaniel.4386

Ok I think that dungeons should have the solo option too. Not only in 5. I may not be the only one that finds a tone of junk parties, people who never did Arah for example( and they say that when you’re at boss…) or who leave party after a boss fail and you have to look for other players to finish the dungeon! I want to solo them, even if takes more time than in 5 but still you can finish it! I had tones of parties at Arah p1 and never finished it. There may be other people in this situation too, or with other dungeons. Would be a great thing to give us the opportunity to actually finish a dungeon path without having to look for other people when someone leaves.

Make dungeons soloable

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

You always have the option to solo any dungeon, they’ve all been soloed. It’s significantly more difficult, but possible all the same.

Make dungeons soloable

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Never saw anyone soloing Arah till the end.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Make dungeons soloable

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Dungeons are group content.

/thread?

Make dungeons soloable

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

You always have the option to solo any dungeon, they’ve all been soloed. It’s significantly more difficult, but possible all the same.

Not all have been soloed, almost but not all.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Make dungeons soloable

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Dungeons are group content.

/thread?

Make dungeons soloable

Posted by: SandruDaniel.4386

SandruDaniel.4386

Yeah dungeons are group events but we all know how hard is to find a group, a good group,not bossy types, people with no experience or who leave after a fail. To give another example Sorrows Embrace in Desolation is empty almoust all the time….you rarely and I mean rarely see a player at the entrance…Except CoF all dungeons are very empty, that’s why Anet should attract people to do dungeons…And I think that making the solo option is an idea to solve the emptiness that covered the majority of dungeons. If they don’t do something about it people will let dungeons for killing troll champ in queensdale and other champs in queensdale(what many already do) Plus there are people who only want the achievement, like I do. And when you can’t get not even that…. Because most people do p2 and p4 and you want p1….The dungeons system is too fragile, its sense breaks fast,people lose their patience fast and leave and you have to look for other people over and over again…. It loses the fun element.

Make dungeons soloable

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

If that’s the case, then these issues should be addressed, and not simply have a band-aid applied in the form of making them soloable.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Make dungeons soloable

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

http://bit.ly/16ASjR7
/facepalm

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Make dungeons soloable

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

I wouldn’t mind seeing a solo option just because groups can be infinitely frustrating at times and I wouldn’t mind the ability to play alone from time to time.

Make dungeons soloable

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

For a MMO, Gw2 is already lacking strong community-driven content, from guild support to team-driven gameplay, including teamplaying support in the actual combat system. GW2, in general, was meant to appeal to both solo and party players, but ended up being heavily sided to solo players at the cost of the others. Dungeons are one of the very few things in this game that involves parties, and they’re already not very good, to the point that devs have promised to improve them.

If dungeons were to be solo-driven, then GW2 could very well be a single-player rpg disguised as a mmorpg.

Make dungeons soloable

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

maybe make them soloable by lowering the silver mobs to bronze or regular and lowering the boss mobs to vets or just silver mobs.
and lowering the reward to only 20 tokens per run, and changing some loot tables

Make dungeons soloable

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

There are still events in the world PVE that don’t scale for solo adventuring. I don’t see why Anet can scale Dungeons & Events for the number of players involved, be it 1,2,3 or a full group. Maybe even group my own characters (AI controlled).

(edited by Sola.7250)

Make dungeons soloable

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

Some dungeon paths are impossible to 100% solo (CoF 1, Arah P4, CoE) due to mechanics that require a group. These include puzzles that require multiple members or high DPS checks.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

Make dungeons soloable

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

What players typically do (at least for CoF p1) is bump in a few players who participate in those parts.

In CoF P1, you can port for all 3 boulders, but then you can’t open the gate. Have 4 people open the gate for you while you kill and proceed to continue soloing.

CoE lasers are impossible to solo. It’s possible to solo one side of it, but not the entirety.

Make dungeons soloable

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

Dungeons are fine as they are, devs have more important stuff to work on, like, ascended weapons, dueling, new legendaries, scavenger hunt, more awesome looking daggers ( should be their no.1 priority), living story, fixing bugs, and I honestly don’t get why people want dungeons to be soloable, if you have a half decent group you can do most of the dungeons in less than 30 minutes, most of arah paths in less than an hour and p4 in 90 minutes

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Make dungeons soloable

Posted by: Saelune.5316

Saelune.5316

I think they just need to make it so finding people to do dungeons with is easier, since though I am mainly a solo player, I understand and accept dungeons as a team thing. I just hate finding a group.

Make dungeons soloable

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Sorry, but I joined this game for spontaneous real world dynamic content. If I wanted 5 man instance dungeons I could have stayed with WoW. I hated them there and I hate them here. I realize a loud minority of players are proficient at them and enjoy them and am willing to have them be in the game. But I hate being forced to do them to get important game items that can Not be gotten any where else. If there were plenty of players willing to do them there would be hordes outside trying to group. But most of them are empty! We need some kind of currency exchange.

Make dungeons soloable

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Having come from DDO as my last multiplayer game I really don’t like these dungeons, though I haven’t experienced many of them. I’m probably just spoiled by being used to the many options a game that focused almost solely on dungeons gave. Or maybe its just the crappy group experience I had with my last AC attempt. Or both.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Make dungeons soloable

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Dungeon design is aimed at a specific demographic. I don’t see that changing. If anything, the dungeon direction is moving more towards those who like twitch game-play with groups running specific builds.

Make dungeons soloable

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

Making all dungeons solo-able would be the final nail in the coffin for instanced group PvE. It would be like Arenanet saying “Oh, you know, we failed the game’s high-end instanced PvE content, and we’ll give up and make them solo content.”

What they need is to make the dungeons fun and compelling, so that you WANT to group up and do them instead of coming here and ask the devs to make them soloable. Oh! I’m sure a few players are going to quote this and say “but I like dungeons” but I think it’s pretty obvious that the current incarnation for dungeon doesn’t work for most people.

The only dungeon that not only should but must have a solo version is Arah story, so that players don’t have to do a dungeon to complete their personal story. Given how unpopular dungeons are, I think it would be common sense to make the personal story agnostic to dungeons.

Make dungeons soloable

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

http://bit.ly/16ASjR7
/facepalm

Legit, now p4 please.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Make dungeons soloable

TheKillerAngel.3596

What players typically do (at least for CoF p1) is bump in a few players who participate in those parts.

In CoF P1, you can port for all 3 boulders, but then you can’t open the gate. Have 4 people open the gate for you while you kill and proceed to continue soloing.

CoE lasers are impossible to solo. It’s possible to solo one side of it, but not the entirety.

I don’t think it’s possible to solo the Searing Effigy. 1 person can’t bring enough DPS.

Make dungeons soloable

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I don’t think it’s possible to solo the Searing Effigy. 1 person can’t bring enough DPS.

It might have been possible before for a Mesmer to Arcane Thievery his regen. He also doesn’t respawn his crystals that fast, but I agree, it would be a really, really long fight if it were to happen and I doubt a Mesmer would be able to deal that damage.

Make dungeons soloable

TheKillerAngel.3596

It might have been possible before for a Mesmer to Arcane Thievery his regen. He also doesn’t respawn his crystals that fast, but I agree, it would be a really, really long fight if it were to happen and I doubt a Mesmer would be able to deal that damage.

Who knows, perhaps I’ll set up a community challenge with a monetary reward for doing it.

Make dungeons soloable

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Let me lend you my Hammer and a nail for the instance dungeon coffin!

It’s not the dungeons that are the failure, it’s having them there at all that is the failure. In a spontaneous dynamic world, where does a 5 man instance dungeon fit into that description? They are a cheap fix for content and a easy way to manage player population and time. GW2 was to be better than that, if I wanted that I could have stayed in WoW who does it better and cheaper. My 1 year subscription to WoW was so much less than I’ve spent on 1 year of GW2.

So make the dungeons solo-able. Or give us Heros like in GW1 to use. I’m much happier doing a dungeon with one other player I know and trust and 3 hero henchmen I can hire, or by myself and 4 hero henchmen. We have the technology to do it either by adjusting the dungeon or using hero henchmen. An you can party all you want with whom ever you like too. But be for warned most of the dungeons are empty!

(edited by Myst Dawnbringer.9138)

Make dungeons soloable

Posted by: Draconicus.7564

Draconicus.7564

The correct asking would be: “pls add the solo option to dungeons”! And not: “Pls turn them soloables!”

IMO all the dungeons as it’s story and 1,2,3 paths must allow this option!
All who want to do them as a group will can, and all who wanna solo them will can also!! That’s the way to go!

Make dungeons soloable

DiogoSilva.7089

Regardless, GW2 needs a lot more group content. More, and better. GW2 is currently a better single-player game than it is as a team-player game.

Make dungeons soloable

Posted by: Ultima Thule.3950

Ultima Thule.3950

Let me lend you my Hammer and a nail for the instance dungeon coffin!

It’s not the dungeons that are the failure, it’s having them there at all that is the failure. In a spontaneous dynamic world, where does a 5 man instance dungeon fit into that description? They are a cheap fix for content and a easy way to manage player population and time. GW2 was to be better than that, if I wanted that I could have stayed in WoW who does it better and cheaper. My 1 year subscription to WoW was so much less than I’ve spent on 1 year of GW2.

So make the dungeons solo-able. Or give us Heros like in GW1 to use. I’m much happier doing a dungeon with one other player I know and trust and 3 hero henchmen I can hire, or by myself and 4 hero henchmen. We have the technology to do it either by adjusting the dungeon or using hero henchmen. An you can party all you want with whom ever you like too. But be for warned most of the dungeons are empty!

I completely agree with this.

Make dungeons soloable

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

I believe that Wethospu has done it on warrior.

Make dungeons soloable

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

I wish that either the final step in the storyline were changed so it wouldn’t be a dungeon (and also something that had nothing to do with Destiny’s Edge), or that all story dungeons were soloable. They give little to no reward so few players ever do them, and yet they are the final step of the storyline, that until that point was 100% about solo missions.

I do wish we could solo dungeons, too, considering how bad the GW2 dungeon community is. At least I’m happy knowing that ArenaNet managed to take all those players I don’t want to play with and gathered them in the same place, so I can avoid them all.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Make dungeons soloable

DiogoSilva.7089

Henchmen/ heroes were one of the best things about GW1, because it allowed the devs to design group-driven content while still allowing “solo” players to enjoy it. It made both types of players happy. It also added a lot more customisation, it opened up new builds (“solo” players could use party-support builds), so players who liked more depth were happy. It can also potentially be an excellent new currency sink for GW2, as you’ll have to equip your heroes, which can make the economy happy.

Make dungeons soloable

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Wethospu did Arah solo till the end

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Make dungeons soloable

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

Uhh…no. It’s literally impossible to solo a large number of dungeons.

There are events/puzzles in CoF and CoE right off the top of my head that make it impossible to solo.

You literally cannot solo a single path of either dungeon due to mechanics. Even in say CoE p2 where I don’t /think/ there is any group-oriented event…Subject Alpha can freeze you faster than any condition remover can refresh and you will die before you get out.

Make dungeons soloable

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I suspect this post is a symptom of the lack of a viable lfg tool. Hopefully the new tool will be released soon and this issue will be alleviated.

As far as making existing dungeons soloable, I think an MMO needs group content. I’m opposed to making core parts of the Living Story challenging group content (or group content at all) because it locks out an entire section of the player base and the Living Story is supposed to be for everyone but I do like that it includes group content. I don’t see why they can’t have both. Either make two versions of the same dungeon, one for groups and one for solo players, or they can make story mode for individuals and explorable mode for groups.

Make dungeons soloable

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

A solo “areana” in the mists where groups could practice against unlocked bosses wpuld be fun and possibly a compromise everyone can agree on. That would serve several functions, maybe even unlockable without doing the dungeon so new players can test the boss before entering the dungeon. That’s also easier to program, I think, then to redo accepted encounters.

I would like to see more mini dugeons and more explorable areas in existing dungeons. Think a secret door to a secret location in the dungeon, right? There might be a jump puzzle or some kind of special fight that gives a low chance for a dungeon specific exotic, seperate from the normal tokens/ dungeon rewards.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

(edited by Chopps.5047)

Make dungeons soloable

Posted by: Jikal.6249

Jikal.6249

Either make two versions of the same dungeon, one for groups and one for solo players, or they can make story mode for individuals and explorable mode for groups.

This, so much.
I’d love if they made an individual/duo story mode. I wouldn’t care if it had a reduced reward rate, or even just cosmetic rewards.

It’s frustrating when a game allows you to enjoyably solo to the level cap, and suddenly shoehorns you into doing group content for “progression”.