Make farming better

Make farming better

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AerictheBoss.9172

AerictheBoss.9172

I think one of the big problems this game has is the economy. Nonbot farmers are being punished around the clock. Why make it take so long and make it so difficult to gather resources. Most games know your going to gather resources so they conveniently place nodes outside of typical hotspots where mobs are. This game puts champions next to theirs. This game requires you to wait a long time. Other games by the time you’re done gathering everything, all the nodes have respawn. This game 24hrs for rich nodes.

What do you think if the game allowed an easier time wouldn’t it solve so many issues with casual crafting and event larger items?

Make farming better

Posted by: LordNat.4963

LordNat.4963

If farming is too easy then no one will buy gems, it is in AN’s best intrust to keep only a small fraction of players able to get good farm in game so that prices stay high and income low.

Make farming better

Posted by: Fuz.5621

Fuz.5621

…and people will leave for another, non P2W, game.

Make farming better

Posted by: Cabbage.4085

Cabbage.4085

So GW2 is now P2W? o.O

Make farming better

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

I think they could ease up on the DR in the non-dungeon/fractal places…. or adjust the rate of material drops in these locations. The rate of gold income far exceeds the rate of non-node materials being able to be supplied which inflates their prices. Dungeon runs and fractals can drop T5/T6 mats, but not with any real consistency (except the harpies for blood).

This wouldn’t necessarily restore Orr into the glory farm spot, but rather makes Frostgorge more viable again since it has the most sources of possible T5/T6 drops (totems, scales, claws, and bloods at the very least)

Make farming better

Posted by: Fuz.5621

Fuz.5621

So GW2 is now P2W? o.O

Gems→money→everything in TP

Yes, it is P2W.

Make farming better

Posted by: Gnatoay.7581

Gnatoay.7581

who said its pay to win?

Day in, Day out; Grinding

Make farming better

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

So GW2 is now P2W? o.O

Gems->money->everything in TP

Yes, it is P2W.

so essentially you think because the option is there it’s pay to win? What is it with you kids? Have you ever actually seen a pay to win?

Perfect World – fast flyers, good armor and everything else that aids you is ONLY available if you buy it with real money.
THAT is pay to win.

Now Guild Wars 2, like Planetside, makes you able to buy certain things with real money, however you have no real advantage over the players that earned it by playing. That’s not pay to win. That’s an optional shop.

To be honest I don’t think that you should farm. Have a healthy rotation of what you do. WvW for an hour, kill enemies for an hour and then do a dungeon run. Rewards will be plenty. DR is not about forbidding you from making profit. It’s about forcing you not to stand there killing the same enemy for days. Having in mind that it’s not fun to even do so I don’t know why anyone besides bots would even want that. Play the game to have fun and money will get there at its own pace.
Now about nodes – the only champion that I’ve seen around a node, was a champion karka around rich ori. I used someone else as a distraction to get my ori. Didn’t escape, but hell repairs cost so much less than why I just earned there.
If everything was easier to get we wouldn’t see a better economy, we would see a decrease of prices making it harder to actually earn money.

(edited by Mirta.5029)

Make farming better

Posted by: Gnatoay.7581

Gnatoay.7581

Look, for this i would support anet, magic boosters xp boosters arent pay to win, cosmetics simply do not affect the game at all.
Black lion Salvage kits doesn’t make a difference since the drop rates sucked
Gems on the other hard…. well convert it to gold still doesnt make anyone a winner

Day in, Day out; Grinding

Make farming better

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

If farming is too easy then no one will buy gems, it is in AN’s best intrust to keep only a small fraction of players able to get good farm in game so that prices stay high and income low.

people really need to stop the whole gem buying angle, its really not accurate at all, by bringing it up as the answer to all development issues, you diminish its use when it actually really applies.

Lets get this out in the open, Gem buying is irrelevant to how easy farming is, and how easy it is to get things. The economy is by and large generated by players, The value of gems scales to economy, if gold is more common, it just means you will get more gold for a certain quanity of gems. It doesnt really change the amount of gold buying.

If you increase peoples ability to farm, you will only devalue what they farm, which essentially makes it pointless.
add more orichalcum nodes? decrease the value of orichalcum. give people more gold drops? decrease the buying power of said gold.
make materials more commonly dropped? decrease the value of materials.

in fact keeping the value of gold higher (money is more scarce) is better for the players, when it starts to take you 10 gold to get a black lion chest, is that better or worse? when everyone has an excess of gold, how much of that gold do you think they will have to give to get a charachter slot? How approachable do you think the game will be without using the cash shop to a new player when established players have built 1000s of gold each from simple farming? how about when 5 dollars can but him 200 gold?

the only way they could make farming better without inflating the ecomomy and all that means, is buy making farming not a trade profit, but a self profit only, that essentially means they would give you items that you couldnt sell, but could use only to benefit your charachter. Truth is most people wouldnt really love that anyway.

Make farming better

Posted by: Chris.6105

Chris.6105

May a other idea to this… make many things cheaper but increase the costs of the expensive stuff… especially crafting, you need 400 for two things, exotic gear and legendary gear. To get 400 to make your own exotic takes a hilarious amount of time, i think i will have exotic sets (more than one) for each of my scholars etenetys before i have a 400tailor without farming/buying mats…

On the opposite, legendaries are far too easy to get… there should be multiple required items, from which you cant get more than one each month and which needs a good amount of real work…