Make instances rejoin-able [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: NickLaBorde.2730

NickLaBorde.2730

If I lag out in an instance and come back in, in less then a minute I shouldn’t have to start an instance over. In core gw2 this was not a huge issue as the instances were all really short and it wasn’t a huge pain, but HoT instances can be upwards of 20+ minutes making restarting suck.

Would take to long to list my characters

Posted by: Serious.6940

Serious.6940

I have yet again been DCed from the game while doing an event, logged back in, and found that I was in a totally different instance.

Not only a different instance but one which was effectively dead, no events running, hardly anyone present.

So I thought of a SIMPLE fix that should stop it happening. Just reserve the person’s place for 3 minutes. If they manage to reconnect they go immediately back into the same instance.

Result – almost everyone happy. At least until the next issue comes up…

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

Agreed. There have been quite a few discussions on this topic already. Lots of people calling for a map reservation that lasts a couple minutes after a disconnect. (Especially for the long running events like Dragon’s Stand.)

Orion Templar.4589

Agreed. There have been quite a few discussions on this topic already. Lots of people calling for a map reservation that lasts a couple minutes after a disconnect. (Especially for the long running events like Dragon’s Stand.)

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I was so surprised when i did Doctor Doom first time in Marvel Heroes and when
he transformed into phase 3, the custscene didn’t end and i had to close my client
and restart.

From years of GW2 playing i now thought : omg .. now i have to redo the whole
dungeon. But no .. when i relogged i was directly before Dooms Throne Room
and he was also in phase 3 .. so i didn’t even had to redo the whole fight.

Now THAT is how it should be if you are disconnected from an instance.

One of the reasons why i never even bothered to do those LS2 stuff more than once.
Instances here are just horrible.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Orion Templar.4589

Just had it happen to me again. Today the client crashed right after we killed the octovine in Auric Basin. I immediately re-launched the GW2 client and logged back in but I got put into a different map that was nearly empty and no one was fighting the octovine. I tried to get back to my original map but was unsuccessful.

Please, please, please – make the server hold our spot and participation in the map for a couple minutes when there’s a disconnect or client crash. If we could log back on and get back into the map we were in, it would make disconnects a lot less painful.

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

i feel like someone merged topics incorrectly, isnt this two separate issues (one about instanced content like personal story or living story instances, another about open world maps)?

i do agree they both suck though, it is very discouraging doing a story instance then having to redo it because you disconnected, especially since you dont get any sort of reward till the whole thing is done that time is essentially flushed.

same again for participating in map metas it took me a long time to care about the octovine because i just kept getting dcd

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

i feel like someone merged topics incorrectly, isnt this two separate issues (one about instanced content like personal story or living story instances, another about open world maps)?

Or people simply can’t read and just post their complains wildly in rendom threads.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Orion Templar.4589

Yeah, whether topics merged incorrectly or not, the same solution of having the server “hold your spot” for a couple minutes would apply to either situation. This is something this game really needs.

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

There are things we can do to help ourselves while waiting for Anet to solve this problem:
Try the 64 bit client(if you have 64 bit windows)
Restart your PC before a Wold Boss, major event, story chapter, etc…
Join a party or squad so you can reconnect to the same map.
Yes, we shouldn’t have to do things like this, for so long a time. But they’re things that we can do without having to rely on Anet.