Make map completion account bound

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nerovergil.5408

nerovergil.5408

Because I would like to walk with my different characters every now and then.

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

No thanks. I’ve done map completion on many characters and enjoy doing it.

It would mean that exp would be more difficult to obtain on alts. You’d have to farm events and kills just to get exp for your alt until you are able to access story (which still doesn’t give you enough exp to reach the next section of story). If you’ve unlocked all map icons (e.g. PoI, Vistas etc) you wouldn’t be awarded the exp for these on a brand new character.

Basically by making map completion account wide you’d decrease the ability to get exp, skillpoints, rewards and reduce the amount of gameplay GW2 has.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Then complete the map with those characters too. Problem solved

Posted by: Master Flipp.9724

Master Flipp.9724

Map completion also gets you the “Gift of Exploration”. You know, those things that you need to make legendary weapons with.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

No, that would be terrible. I understand it may be tedious, but map completion is pretty much the only way we can get free black lion keys without resorting to farming the first Personal Story arc; it is also the only other way we can get free transmutation charges aside from grinding PvP reward tracks.

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

OP, please expound upon your vague statement and articulate your reasons for wanting “account bound map completion” in a way we can understand. because i am genuinely confused. (maybe it’s just my incurable bacon deficiency.)

how does map completion affect “walk” mode? you can toggle “walk” / “run” mode without map completion on a character.

or did you mean that you want XP from map completion to be account bound, essentially leveling up all your characters on your account by only playing one character…?

or did you mean that you simply want the map to unfog for all the characters on your account once you unfog that map with one character?

– The Baconnaire

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Definitely not. Would massively reduce replayability.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

I’m assuming they want world completion account bound, more specifically the little gold star. Titles are basically the same thing, so why not. Making the entire thing account bound however simply wouldn’t work since legendaries rely on it, though it would certainly make them more rare/legendary.

Account bound map completion could partially work, as in making maps visible and waypoints already unlocked on alts, but that’s just laziness.

Posted by: Arianhod.3485

Arianhod.3485

no please, there would be even less things to do on alts!! (I already wish I could reset all explorer/dungeon,… achievs for my characters except my main ^^"").

To OP, what you mean is, “I would like to waypoint easy with different characters”, not walk :P

It’s a-me, Aria!

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

How do you propose crafting a third Legendary?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Don’t think it needs to be changed.

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

No, kitten! Stop asking for more and more accountbinding! What’s even the point of making new characters anymore?

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

OP, please expound upon your vague statement and articulate your reasons for wanting “account bound map completion” in a way we can understand. because i am genuinely confused. (maybe it’s just my incurable bacon deficiency.)

how does map completion affect “walk” mode? you can toggle “walk” / “run” mode without map completion on a character.

or did you mean that you want XP from map completion to be account bound, essentially leveling up all your characters on your account by only playing one character…?

or did you mean that you simply want the map to unfog for all the characters on your account once you unfog that map with one character?

Basically he wants all WPs unlocked across all characters so he doesn’t have to walk to them.

I’ve done 100% map 3 times and I’m planning with time to have it on my other 2 characters. How would you compensate my ( and so many other people’s) time doing that? How would you get several gifts of exploration?

Even if it’s just unlocking he WPs that would be unfair to say the least, why not upgrade dungeon gear from exotic to ascended while you’re at it?

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

Posted by: Terrasque.8735

Terrasque.8735

Keep it as it is, but I’d love to see the option of buying “maps” for an area, that would unlock the waypoints for that area (and only the waypoints). Preferably buyable with karma.

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Map completion is account bound.
You have an exclusive title upon 100% World Completion which can be used on all chars now and then. :v

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

No thank you.

I use map completion as part of the leveling process on pretty much all of my characters. Making it account bound (ie removing the ability to do it on other because it’s already done) would remove that xp acquisition method. Not too keen on that personally.

Honestly, all I see when people ask for account bound map completion or the ability to “purchase” map clearage is people asking to be lazy. If you don’t want to play the kitten game then don’t, otherwise suck it up. These components are part of playing the game.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

No thanks.

For me part of the fun on an alt is doing map completion and unfogging areas. I also do map completions for the keys/T-charges and the complete the high level maps for the 2 guaranteed exotics.

Posted by: Schwarzseher.9873

Schwarzseher.9873

Only thing they need to change is to remove the WvW part. Everything else is fine.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I would not like this, aside from a little star above your head and the waypoints, there is no advantage to this. I have fun doing map completions on my other toons.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Krisztian.8405

Krisztian.8405

How about changing the functionality of the gift of exploration, so that you can ‘use’ it on alts to unlock the map, while still allowing it to be used in legendary crafting.

Perhaps, it could only unlock all of the waypoints while leaving the skill points, vistas, and poi’s undiscovered.

Posted by: Krisztian.8405

Krisztian.8405

Or use the gift of exploration to craft a new item in the mystic forge, “world map.” The recipe could be:

Gift of Exploration
Scroll of Knowledge
Eldritch Scroll
Bottle of Elonian Wine

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Then complete the map with those characters too. Problem solved

/shudder
I could barely stand doing it once. Map completion is the reason I never play my alts. At least give us the option of “buying” a Waypoint (Maybe 1 gold) that unlocks that waypoint for your entire account. Win/win.

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

Actually I was thinking about alto-holic vendor .

But lets start from the begining , when you create new character lets call him ‘B’, you have everything locked like every new character . But in LA there would be alto-holic vendor and you would be able to copy progress from different character .
For example char “A” has 79% of map completition , character “B” goes to this vendor and choose option use knowledge of character “A” , and boom he gets same map completition but automatically locks all rewards from map completition (doesnt matter how much % he coppies ).
It would also work with traits,story mode dungs and maybe few more things .

-traits -if char “A” has unlocked trait 1 in first trait line other chars can also unlock it etc

Posted by: Bandito Baba.4921

Bandito Baba.4921

I think most people who read the OP missed the point, the suggestion was not to unlock wps but to allow you to get credit for what all your chars have done – e.g. if one toon has done half a map and another toon has done the other half then your “account” has done that entire map. You could still track it by toon (and have the gifts of exp done per toon) but have an overall account version which gives you the “been there done that” title when you account has “been there done that” rather than when a single char has. The OP has to explore with his main in order to make prgogress with this title and that discorages using alts to explore, I doubt he was impling that wps should be unlocked. Its a shame the community trolls jump in with “no, no and no” before they take the time to understand – its obvious the OP did not mean to unlock wps (he says “I WOULD like to walk with alts..” not “I dont want my alts to have to walk….”).

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

no, its a bad idea.

the real issue is the WP. i think that after you reach map completion on 1 character, all WP should be available on your alts, even if the rest of the map is fogged-out.

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.