Make story reward items salvageable

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bridget Morrigan.1752

Bridget Morrigan.1752

Dear lovely developers:

Any chance weapons received from story rewards could be made salvageable? I have an auric greatsword that has two really expensive sigils on it that I hate to just trash now that I’ve upgraded to a legendary greatsword on this character. Yes, my bad that it didn’t occur to me to reskin my existing greatsword instead of using the new one back when I first got the auric greatsword, but would it really be so game-breaking to be able to salvage from story rewards? Especially since story rewards are only achieved on any given character once, and there are already lots of other account-bound exotic-level items that you can get that are salvageable (items purchased for karma or at other map vendors, for instance).

Sincerely hoping to get my superior sigil of torment back….

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

Sometimes I really miss the old Transmutation system. You could basically select two items and pick what you wanted to keep from each one, and (I think) it worked on story rewards too. The two items would then become one new item with what you selected.

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

Agreed with OP, all story rewards (not just HoT story but also all the LS episodes and old Zaithan story) should be salvagable and mysticforgeable. You can only earn them once per character, they’re usually not particularly rare or valuable and they take time and effort to earn just like any other item in the game. It doesn’t make any sense to put arbitrary restrictions on them that force you to delete them instead of salvaging/flushing into MF or heck even selling to a vendor.

I’m really glad for the changes they made recently (like making WvW gear salvagable), but they stopped half way for no reason. I know it takes development resources for very little benefit, but it’s extremely annoying having to throw away all story rewards because devs made a terrible and unreasonable decision in the past. It has to be fixed.

Posted by: Lupini.6938

Lupini.6938

Yes please! Including karma-purchased gear. I worked for that karma, I should be able to salvage items purchased with karma. Even if someone did want to spend all their karma on items, salvage those items, and then sell the materials, that’s their choice. Gear rains down in some parts of the game, so that salvage-to-sell is already happening.

It is a bit like someone who was working on making all rewards salvage-able got fired and no one picked up the task.