Make this game free 2 play

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Daidados.4360

Daidados.4360

i have a crazy idea in my mind right now.
the idea is to make this game a full free 2 play game.

first you have the ingame shop.
second you need to redesign the ingame world and loginscreen with ingame banners were you can add gaming related commercials and ads and if people interact with them (press f) they get to the website of the ad or see the commercial video with sound.

free2play is the future of online gaming.
playerbase would shoot up since everyone could and would play it.

edit:
problem is, this game mainly wants to be an esport, right? not like a classic pve mmo.
for this goal it needs a big playerbase and if its f2p it will get big.
i’m not talking about if its worth the $60. (it is definitly)
also you could keep the $60 prize and just make the sPvP part of the game complete f2p for everyone.

edit2:
can’t understand why people don’t like this. you think the game would get worse if it would be free? or you don’t want it to become f2p cause you already payed the $60?
isn’t it obvious that this game will only success and get big in the esport scene if it’s f2p?
ok ingame ads – bad idea.
but this is a competitive type of game. not a classic mmo type of game for role players.
at least make the competitive part, the spvp, complete f2p and accessible for everyone. and the rest, the pve and wvwvw is buyable in the ingame shop.

edit3:
all this hate, lmao.
i bet no one of you playing games competitively.
seems no one can understand why this idea would only infect the game in a positive way.
and people who think the company isn’t making money if the game is f2p are just naive and dumb at the same time. just sayin…
btw i’ve also bought the game. i prepurchased the online version of it. so i don’t want an advantage or something. i want this game to be a great success in esport! and i’m thinking that this is the only way it can get this goal.

(edited by Daidados.4360)

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

No, I don’t think so. As much content as you get in this game, it’s easily worth the $60. Not having a monthly fee like the other big MMO’s is enough. Plus what you describe with advertisements and commercials and such would totally drive me away from the game. Which is the exact opposite of what they want.

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

I can’t remember when was the last time I heard of such a bad idea……
-Crocodile leather pants.?..
-Hybrid cars for boring people……?..
No..this is way worse.
You win.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: Bonzoso.7014

Bonzoso.7014

I get no vibe from this game or its developers that they intend for it to be an esport kind of game even a little bit. It has sold a more-than-healthy number of copies out of the gate, and while plenty of power players will undoubtedly stop logging in as we move forward, sales should stay pretty strong through the holidays. I don’t think you really need to worry about population levels for awhile.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

worst suggestion ever

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

because there simply is no subscription game with a huge playerbase around… and 2 million copies sold in 2 weeks really calls for doomsayers.

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

2/10

Would be higher if you hadn’t suggested in-world ads. Gotta keep these things believable.

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

That totally reminds me of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhIIPbO_6xg

Posted by: Lady Grey.4125

Lady Grey.4125

sigh Please don’t post threads like this. >.>; No, it’s obvious why you shouldn’t. I’m not gonna explain myself.

Posted by: HykCraft.4610

HykCraft.4610

This game is free to play. You just PAY to get access to the game…

Sorrow’s Furnace US

Posted by: MaKiLoK.6734

MaKiLoK.6734

What the hell? Is this person serious? There are plenty of free to play out there, go to them!

(edited by MaKiLoK.6734)

Posted by: Corvax.1675

Corvax.1675

Just the fact that someone can compare this peace of marvel, this piece of art to some browser game made me shiver.

Don’t push it.

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

Never stop posting.

Posted by: Aven.7295

Aven.7295

because buying a game once is hard O.o?

Something this guy doesnt understand is, People do work, and work hard, then those same people want to make money off of something they worked on. Your requesting that something someone has worked on for what i think umm 5 years now just be given to you for free?… are you really that childish and selfish?

Edit: also, servers are already too crowded for the most part.

Aven Scorchfield, lvl 80 Guardian
Server: Maguma
Guild: Judgement [Eye]

(edited by Aven.7295)

Posted by: aeonZgamer.5307

aeonZgamer.5307

i have a crazy idea in my mind right now.
the idea is to make this game a full free 2 play game.

first you have the ingame shop.
second you need to redesign the ingame world and loginscreen with ingame banners were you can add gaming related commercials and ads and if people interact with them (press f) they get to the website of the ad or see the commercial video with sound.

free2play is the future of online gaming.
playerbase would shoot up since everyone could and would play it.

edit:
problem is, this game mainly wants to be an esport, right? not like a classic pve mmo.
for this goal it needs a big playerbase and if its f2p it will get big.
i’m not talking about if its worth the $60. (it is definitly)
also you could keep the $60 prize and just make the sPvP part of the game complete f2p for everyone.

edit2:
can’t understand why people don’t like this. you think the game would get worse if it would be free? or you don’t want it to become f2p cause you already payed the $60?
isn’t it obvious that this game will only success and get big in the esport scene if it’s f2p?
ok ingame ads – bad idea.
but this is a competitive type of game. not a classic mmo type of game for role players.
at least make the competitive part, the spvp, complete f2p and accessible for everyone. and the rest, the pve and wvwvw is buyable in the ingame shop.

Here’s another crazy idea Take your theory to other games like this one…oh wait…There’s not another you pay a flat fee and play it pretty much free forever
crazy F2P Occupier wannabe

Posted by: pmiles.3489

pmiles.3489

I think the game should be free… just charge the individuals access to the game once… for the initial download. I think $60 would be fair to charge.

What you all think… I know it’s a crazy idea, butkitten you know the world just likes to mess with crazy!

Posted by: Aven.7295

Aven.7295

Hey Guys, i think Hollywood should also embrace the Free model, they will get more fans that way yaknow?

Aven Scorchfield, lvl 80 Guardian
Server: Maguma
Guild: Judgement [Eye]

Posted by: Amnon.4769

Amnon.4769

Can’t they make Gasoline free and just show us ads at the pump?
Or maybe in some 5-star hotel: Yes, I’d like the Premium Ryanair-Microsoft Free Suite, please. How many ads do the minibar snacks cost?

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

TL:DR

Let’s just say no and bypass the free account gold spammers and botters right now.

Moving on…

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

the game really worth miserable 60 dollars and free to play is even greater spam of bots

I took an arrow to the knee

Posted by: Drudenfusz.2971

Drudenfusz.2971

It is kind of free to play, there is no sub. No need here to give it away for free too, wouldn’t mind if more MMO companies will use that model in the future.

Gwenya Drudenfusz [Boon], Norn Mesmer on Desolation

Posted by: Rosen Myst.7641

Rosen Myst.7641

Craziest idea I ever heard; they produced a product. They’re entitled to charge for it. That’d be like some car dealer letting you have the car for free and hoping you’ll buy upgrades for the vehicle to cover their cost of production.

Posted by: Pikachu.7519

Pikachu.7519

No, keep this game as the way it is. I would rather pay $60 on a game/expansion than see stupid annoying ads everywhere.

Posted by: juiceman.2870

juiceman.2870

Bad idea. They need the money to keep servers running not to mention they spent 5 years making this they deserve that money for keeping the game free of monthly fee we are lucky.
Also you need a fee for a game like this so when you ban accounts like bots or spammers there is consequence for them forcing them to buy new copy of game.

Posted by: Mssg.7804

Mssg.7804

are u mad bro? delete this topic

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

I’ve played the game for over 80 hours at this point … that means I’ve paid less than 1 dollar per hour of entertainment, even if I stopped right now – and I won’t – I’ve got more than my money’s worth out of it.

I also want them to make new expansions and keep providing me with more entertainment, which means they’ve gotta make money. From everything I’ve seen so far, they have sold very well and are not going to need to beg anyone to buy their game.

And, I’m not sure where you got the idea that this game was shooting, first and foremost, to be an esport, but I suspect you’re wrong.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Posted by: Rekuja.6318

Rekuja.6318

Why free2play? so all the 10 year olds can start downloading the game on their parents laptop?

No.. just no :\ 1/10 suggestion.

No.. just no :\ 1/10 suggestion.If you can’t afford the game you are either a young child or unemployed.

Posted by: tsmith.7915

tsmith.7915

I normally dont say anything on these kinds of posts, but this is just idiotic.

the game is only $60 USD...heck, yesterday I saw a website have it on sale for only $45 USD!

If people want to play the game bad enough, I’m sure a friend who owns it and will let them try it so they can make up their minds on buying it. Maybe, although I highly doubt it, ANet will have some sort of free trial where you only have access to the race starting areas (in other words, up until you beat the first big "boss" you encounter when you make a new character.)

But if you really break it down and think about it this game offers A LOT for only $60 USD and no monthly fee. You get access to the FULL GAME for a one-time payment. Not only that, but when they release expansions, they might add new areas to explore all for the same one-time price in the purchase.

just my $0.02

[AMD FX6300 @3.5Ghz][ASRocks 970D Mobo][8GB DDR3 G. Skill Sniper]
[XFX R9 270X O.C Edition][Thermaltake 600W PSU]
[Windows 8.1 64-Bit]

(edited by tsmith.7915)

Posted by: Notsure.7028

Notsure.7028

Everyone is feeding the troll. Of course he isnt serious. if he thinks he is serious he is brain damaged.

Posted by: Mr Sendar.2871

Mr Sendar.2871

Is this person legit? He has to be trolling, the sheer amount of stupidity is astounding….