Makeover for the Mystic Salvage Kit

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

After 4.5 years, I think the Mystic Forge Kit deserves its own icon.

ANet found the time to gussy up the icons for various otherwise identical icons for less-used items, so why is it that the popular Mystic Salvage Kit Icon still looks like that of the Crude Salvage Kit? One is great at recovering ectos from rares, one is a waste.

Can we get a little shininess shone on one of the most popular tools?

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Give it whatever icon the silver-fed salvage-o-matic has. Only a complete lunatic would actually use it instead, let alone buy it

Posted by: Sonic the Hedgehog.5169

Sonic the Hedgehog.5169

I think it would need a change, If the icon is sharing the same one to a 1 time usage salvage kits from npc vendors which can be confusing and you may accidently discard it which is bad.

Secondly people are crazy for buying Gem bought Salvage Items? Who has anyonein GW2 ran out of salvaging kits in the middle of a no where and dont want to WP back to buy more. You save time and money when you can slavage junk right on the spot.

I don’t even bother buying 1 time use salvage kits anymore. My coins are better spent else where.

Sonic’s the name, speeds my game!
[img]http://i.imgur.com/jgensFl.png[/img]

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

I think it would need a change, If the icon is sharing the same one to a 1 time usage salvage kits from npc vendors which can be confusing and you may accidently discard it which is bad.

Secondly people are crazy for buying Gem bought Salvage Items? Who has anyonein GW2 ran out of salvaging kits in the middle of a no where and dont want to WP back to buy more. You save time and money when you can slavage junk right on the spot.

I don’t even bother buying 1 time use salvage kits anymore. My coins are better spent else where.

The mystic kit has 250 charges. I’ve never run out of it mid-exploration. How could you? Plus, even if you had to waypoint back, the mystic kit is still cheaper. It’s roughly 10 copper per salvage compared to the 66 copper of the salvage-o-matic. It may as well not exist