Making Guild Rushes (Races) better!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lelling.6795

Lelling.6795

Hi ^^

(I use the old term Guild Rush, by that I do mean Guild Races :P)

It seems that even after the change to guild missions which has enabled guilds to do most missions with ease & without disrupting others, Rushes still aren’t quite there. Whenever we’d like to do a Guild Rush, we have to either look for a map where one isn’t running or wait until it runs out (sometimes 5-10 minutes) to make sure all our guildies get a fair chance at running it.

I have a suggestion to improve this situation slightly, in only a few steps:

1. Make the races on the map active all the time, essentially working the same way as adventures (no leaderboard stuff required, but just the “talk to flag – do thing” functionality) – anyone, in a guild or not, can walk up to it and transform, and run

2. Make the Guild Race missions work slightly differently:
When you trigger the mission, the timer starts in the guild panel, and not in the world – for the duration of the mission, anyone from the guild who runs the race can accept credit for their own guild. Alternatively, they could get the popup – “Do you want to run for [GUILD]?” (or selection dropdown to select which guild they wanna run for).

As this means random people running wouldn’t contribute towards your guild’s completion, I’d also suggest slight changes to difficulty stuff.

Easy: 5 people must finish the race in 20 minutes
Medium: 10 people must finish the race in 20 minutes
Hard: 15 people must finish the race in 20 minutes

~
This would eliminate the issue of having to wait for another guild, or having to finish the race within a specific timer of another guild that started it earlier.

Let’s chat about what everyone else thinks, and if you have any suggestions / reasons why it wouldn’t work, let’s try to figure something out =)

Cyan Vei | whole bunch of other alts
[DV] Leader, OpenCommunity admin

(edited by Lelling.6795)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Why wait? You can start another one pretty much immediately after completing one. The missions no longer need to be built either.

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Races/Rushes are one guild mission that currently allows people to not have to wait and allows multiple guilds work together on an objective which to me is a positive things that also benefits the smaller sizes guilds. The biggest issue right now is educating people that they don’t have to wait if another guild has started it and can run their people thru as well gaining credit for both guilds. I don’t think I would like to see these change since they are working well currently.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: Varkros.4158

Varkros.4158

Having some races in the guild hall would be great too. You know…a reason to actually be in there other than saving some waypoint silver to get to LA :b

Khisanth.2948

Races/Rushes are one guild mission that currently allows people to not have to wait and allows multiple guilds work together on an objective which to me is a positive things that also benefits the smaller sizes guilds. The biggest issue right now is educating people that they don’t have to wait if another guild has started it and can run their people thru as well gaining credit for both guilds. I don’t think I would like to see these change since they are working well currently.

One change they do need to make is to prevent last week’s situation of the same race on two different slots.

If someone starts and easy you DO have to wait if you want to do the medium otherwise the timer on your mission would run out before the race finishes.

Posted by: Lelling.6795

Lelling.6795

One change they do need to make is to prevent last week’s situation of the same race on two different slots.

If someone starts and easy you DO have to wait if you want to do the medium otherwise the timer on your mission would run out before the race finishes.

Indeed. You NEED to wait until another guild’s mission is over. Or just hope you can cram everyone in in the time remaining.

Today for example we had to wait for 3 minutes on a map where nobody from the guild that started it was actually running, so we just sort of had to afk for that time. Now that was a small time period but you can have anywhere up to 10 minutes when it’s a better idea to wait.

And we don’t have time to just keep triggering it after it’s ran out :P

Cyan Vei | whole bunch of other alts
[DV] Leader, OpenCommunity admin

(edited by Lelling.6795)

Khisanth.2948

Actually I recant that previous assertion assuming they fix the personal reward bug “soon”.

As long as there is enough time for one guild member to make it through the race the guild will get credit for the race. Everyone else just needs to make it through once to get personal reward (after they fix the bug).

On the other hand it does make things messy and a bit confusing at times.