Making Minipets Useful

Making Minipets Useful

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

Yes, minipets are useless. A.NET gave those who bought Gems since release 2 green useless minipets. And now, for the 1st year anniversary, another useless minipet.

What do minipets do? they just occupy instance space. Gives you title. That’s it. Or some cost zillion gold, but you won’t get that variety.

So i thought, how could anet make a minipet useful.

Say we could put 4 minipets on the mystic forge and it will give a cool weapon with cool skin. or 10 dyes. or t7 materials. or prolly a precursor? or a permanent food buff?

AKA useful stuffs.

(edited by alcopaul.2156)

Making Minipets Useful

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

Or maybe we could be able to throw them at bosses etc as a sacrifice and distraction.

Making Minipets Useful

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

No. No no no no no.

Just no.

Making Minipets Useful

Posted by: Lpfan.3578

Lpfan.3578

Being ‘useful’ is not the point of a mini pet. They are just little cosmetic things that represent monsters/characters from the game that some people like to have follow them around, myself included!

Making Minipets Useful

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

prolly give them good AI perhaps so I can chat with them?

LOL.

like this

http://www.cleverbot.com/

Making Minipets Useful

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

Add in some recipe to turn them into combat tonics

Making Minipets Useful

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

lol this kind of suggestion would’ve never been suggested if this was gw1 and gw1 had mystic toilet. In gw2 they’re spamming you with so many minis its almost like another useless currency like Karma lmao. Now people want to combine 4 minis for ascended mats LOLOLOL

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Making Minipets Useful

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

At best, they could allow you to turn into that creature for costume brawls. (Provided the creature in question is reasonably sized compared to you.) While it would be neat for them to be useful in battle or be combat transformations, that might be going too far.

Making Minipets Useful

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

I would prefer them to just have little interactive quotes, like if a Mini Rytlock is near a Mini Caithe, he’d call her a Coniving Vegetable.

I ? Karkas.

Making Minipets Useful

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Is there even a Mini Caithe at this point? I think all the others except Snaff and Garm are minis now.

Making Minipets Useful

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

The main idea is probably for us to stick it out until they implement Polymock, although I doubt we’ll be seeing it anytime within a few years.

Making Minipets Useful

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

In GW1, we all stood around in the main towns buying and selling. Having a minipet out was a popular thing to do since the expensive ones were an extension to your kitten. Even if you didn’t have an expensive one and wanted to whip out your favorite one that was fine because we had some pretty cool minis.

In GW2, we don’t stand around buying and selling. In GW2 there are way too many particle effects for me to even notice a mini unless it’s above average size. In GW2 (already stated above by another user), we are getting minipets thrown at us almost like it’s a another form of useless currency.

Mini’s were fairly useless in GW1, but GW2 managed to make them even MORE useless.

Making Minipets Useful

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I wish:

(1) We had a special slot to equip mini-pets.

And

(2) There was like a special mini zoo or something at which we could trade in excess mini-pets for laurels or something.

NSPride <3

Making Minipets Useful

Posted by: Draconicus.7564

Draconicus.7564

I wish:

(1) We had a special slot to equip mini-pets.

One of the best ideas i red about, this week!
Applause!