Making a comeback. Not sure why.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MrPeanut.1543

MrPeanut.1543

Hey All,
I played the game pretty intensively since launch. It was fun leveling up, crafting, getting new gear and progressing through the game. I hit 80, maxed two trade skills, got all the skills I wanted and took to the battleground to WvW, which was fun for a while.

To me, advancing you character is the point of an MMO, and as soon as I found out that any new gear that ever drops is just for appearance, I felt that I was at a point, having got all the skills I wanted and all the “top end” gear, that I was just playing for the sake of Team Deathmatch, which I could easily do in Call of Duty. Except unlike in CoD, if everyone ends up with the same stats and gear, PVP is just a sheer numbers game.

That’s the sob story, but my question, as I re-log into the game after a few months is- What is there for me to do at this point? Is there anything I can do to advance my character? This game was fun when I was achieving things, I want to keep doing that.

Any Suggestions? I appreciate it!

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

They added a gear grind, so you’re in luck. Atm, grinding the Fractals instances in order to attain the new tier of gear, Ascended gear, is what everyone is doing. Not many people in the open world, but nearly every server’s Lions Arch is in overflow with people LFGing for fractals, or in the fractals themselves.

Eventually they will slowly roll out more pieces of the ascended gear for you to grind for, and hopefully not long after that they will release the expansion (which they have expressed interest in raising the level cap for, which would let you start back on getting gear from scratch!)

Considering what you are looking for in an MMO, you have come back at a really good time lol

MrPeanut.1543

Appreciate the response! I know a lot of people hate the gear grind, but it is something I enjoy in an MMO (No, I’ve never played WoW).

I’ll look into that, thank you.

Anything to do with my abundance of skill points?

Tolmos.8395

Appreciate the response! I know a lot of people hate the gear grind, but it is something I enjoy in an MMO (No, I’ve never played WoW).

I’ll look into that, thank you.

Anything to do with my abundance of skill points?

I haven’t tried for a legendary item myself, but I heard that those are needed for that. Legendaries now also serve a purpose: it were announced that they would always be BiS. Atm their enhanced stats have not been implemented (thus they are equivalent to exotics), but some players got to see what those stats would be when Anet accidentally implemented them for a day a while back. They are slated to be boosted to those stats in the future.

And if nothing else, you could farm up a legendary and sell it for 2,000-9,000 gold lol

MrPeanut.1543

Once again, I appreciate the response. All I was looking for was even a sliver of something to do. I will take a long term project and grind it to the grave

Thanks again!

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

^ and then do what with that kind of money? After you’ve owned a legendary there’s nothing left for you to buy/care.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Tolmos.8395

^ and then do what with that kind of money? After you’ve owned a legendary there’s nothing left for you to buy/care.

Before gear grinding became the end-all be-all of this game, collecting was a big thing to do. So for players like me who like to collect stuff… yea, I could find a lot to do with that amount of gold.

Dyes
Minis
Armor sets
Raising EVERY profession to 400

and then saving the rest for future expansions and whatever collectibles they add.

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

ye they adding gear whit beter statcs atm in the game so is no more cosmetic whic make me return to the game also mmo whit no gear progres is pointless for me if i whanted cosmetic staffs i was gona play barby insted xD

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

But a character wields 2 weapons, and that is only if you have 2-handed ones ^^ There’s always more to grind, so if he likes it, let him ^^

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Tolmos.8395

ye they adding gear whit beter statcs atm in the game so is no more cosmetic whic make me return to the game also mmo whit no gear progres is pointless for me if i whanted cosmetic staffs i was gona play barby insted xD

There are so many things I could do and say with this post… but I won’t. I’ve gotten more than enough infractions for the month. =D

Posted by: Arcanorum Ignis.9218

Arcanorum Ignis.9218

My advice, wait a few more months for the ‘big updates’ whatever they may contain. These updates are apparently going to be addressing many of the core flaws of the game, but if they don’t deliver I think it would be wise to set aside this game.

It has been however many months since launch, and the same glaring problems have been staring them in the face all that time.